Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Money league draft tonight, 12-teamer 7x7 (AVG/OBP/SLG/R/HR/RBI/SB x W/L/K/ERA/WHIP/QS/SV+HD)

Feeling pretty good about this crew, gonna make a bunch of IL-related moves on Thursday once it's FA and not waiver claims to shore up the bullpen. Absolutely stoked to get Varland that late.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Mar 20, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
First FAAB runs in a lot of leagues tomorrow night.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I uh totally messed up that two guys were injured in my auction, but got the handcuffs for one (MIN closer) and got a couple decent SP to help my rotation (Sengai). Now the race to pickups begins. We have a FAAB and it is always a trip to see who bid what for the free agents.

In my Goon League, I feel pretty good about my team!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Bregor posted:

First FAAB runs in a lot of leagues tomorrow night.

what i want to know is when the gently caress are IL guys going to get listed as on the IL

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Chief McHeath posted:

what i want to know is when the gently caress are IL guys going to get listed as on the IL

I know this happens every year. But I'm still relentlessly :f5: until Bradish is on the IL

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I completed my first trade of the season, and it was a blockbuster in one of my 3 goon keeper leagues!

I had an embarassment of outfield riches thanks to my keepers, and decided to trade from that surplus (and some pitching) to fortify my infield.

I had Julio, Carroll, Tucker and Judge as keepers, and also drafted Wyatt Langford and JD Martinez. I couldn't possibly start them all, so I made someone an offer, and after negotiating over the weekend, we agreed to this deal:

I give:

Kyle Tucker
Emmanuel Clase
Tanner Bibee
JP Crawford

I got in return:

Matt Olson
Trea Turner
Nick Pivetta
Abner Uribe (*I dropped to grab Bradish, thanks Bregor!)

My offense feels like a juggernaut :itjb: now. I'll need to work the wire to grab some RP, but I love this deal. :hellyeah:

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I joined my first serious money league in a long time.

1. (1) Ronald Acuña (ATL - OF)
2. (28) Ozzie Albies (ATL - 2B)
3. (29) Logan Webb (SF - SP)
4. (56) Alex Bregman (HOU - 3B)
5. (57) Manny Machado (SD - 3B)
6. (84) Shane Bieber (CLE - SP)
7. (85) Spencer Torkelson (DET - 1B)
8. (112) Nick Pivetta (BOS - SP,RP)
9. (113) Willy Adames (MIL - SS)
10. (140) Jackson Chourio (MIL - OF)
11. (141) Brayan Bello (BOS - SP)
12. (168) Marcell Ozuna (ATL - OF)
13. (169) Nestor Cortes (NYY - SP)
14. (196) Sean Manaea (NYM - SP,RP)
15. (197) Carlos Correa (MIN - SS)
16. (224) Reese Olson (DET - SP)
17. (225) Jonathan India (CIN - 2B)
18. (252) Kenta Maeda (DET - SP)
19. (253) Logan O'Hoppe (LAA - C)
20. (280) Ricky Tiedemann (TOR - SP)
21. (281) Brady Singer (KC - SP)
22. (308) Paul Skenes (PIT - SP)

I picked first, but in a 14-team league, I wasn't fully prepared to continually have to make two picks in a row. Planning that far ahead was a challenge. My 6th-9th round picks were me scrambling, because I needed another SP, I wanted to fill one of my RP slots with a SP (because SP's are more valuable in this league), and I needed a 1B/SS from the barren wasteland that remained. So looking at my picks, I grabbed players I am not entirely thrilled with. By the end, my final 3 picks were, "I don't know, so these picks are holders until I can read-up on some possible sleepers". I would love to keep Skenes, but because there's no spot to hold onto a NA player, I will have to drop him rather than waste a spot.

Overall, I am happy, but I am luckily not super invested in a lot of my picks, so it'll be easier to drop in the first few weeks if anyone starts out hot.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Twin Cinema posted:

I joined my first serious money league in a long time.

1. (1) Ronald Acuña (ATL - OF)
2. (28) Ozzie Albies (ATL - 2B)
3. (29) Logan Webb (SF - SP)
4. (56) Alex Bregman (HOU - 3B)
5. (57) Manny Machado (SD - 3B)
6. (84) Shane Bieber (CLE - SP)
7. (85) Spencer Torkelson (DET - 1B)
8. (112) Nick Pivetta (BOS - SP,RP)
9. (113) Willy Adames (MIL - SS)
10. (140) Jackson Chourio (MIL - OF)
11. (141) Brayan Bello (BOS - SP)
12. (168) Marcell Ozuna (ATL - OF)
13. (169) Nestor Cortes (NYY - SP)
14. (196) Sean Manaea (NYM - SP,RP)
15. (197) Carlos Correa (MIN - SS)
16. (224) Reese Olson (DET - SP)
17. (225) Jonathan India (CIN - 2B)
18. (252) Kenta Maeda (DET - SP)
19. (253) Logan O'Hoppe (LAA - C)
20. (280) Ricky Tiedemann (TOR - SP)
21. (281) Brady Singer (KC - SP)
22. (308) Paul Skenes (PIT - SP)

I picked first, but in a 14-team league, I wasn't fully prepared to continually have to make two picks in a row. Planning that far ahead was a challenge. My 6th-9th round picks were me scrambling, because I needed another SP, I wanted to fill one of my RP slots with a SP (because SP's are more valuable in this league), and I needed a 1B/SS from the barren wasteland that remained. So looking at my picks, I grabbed players I am not entirely thrilled with. By the end, my final 3 picks were, "I don't know, so these picks are holders until I can read-up on some possible sleepers". I would love to keep Skenes, but because there's no spot to hold onto a NA player, I will have to drop him rather than waste a spot.

Overall, I am happy, but I am luckily not super invested in a lot of my picks, so it'll be easier to drop in the first few weeks if anyone starts out hot.

Albies and Chourio seem like great values at this point in draft season

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Abner Uribe (*I dropped to grab Bradish, thanks Bregor!)

:patriot:

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Bregor posted:

Albies and Chourio seem like great values at this point in draft season

When I see a player like Albies drop like that, my first question is always, "what am I missing?" Especially because someone drafted Elly De La Cruz 16th.

As for Chourio, I thought I was drafting him a little high. I only made sure to pick him where I did because I missed out on Wyatt Langford, because I drafted for need. Hate that!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I think everything except those last 3 picks are great, and I'm only iffy on those last three because I usually take RPs who will help me erase ratios/vulture saves at the end there. They're all perfectly cromulent SP fliers.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Skenes is hard to value in redraft because his ceiling is Elite Ace Best Pitcher Ever, but also, he's thrown six (6) innings in professional baseball

I had to pass on him in the keep-3 goon league I'm in because even if he's up in July - which is insane - that's still three months of a dead roster spot

The Pussy Boss fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 27, 2024

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

The Pussy Boss posted:

Skenes is hard to value in redraft because his ceiling is Elite Ace Best Pitcher Ever, but also, he's thrown six (6) innings in professional baseball

I had to pass on him in the keep-3 goon league I'm in because even if he's up in July - which is insane - that's still three months of a dead roster spot

HGH and Centaur Paintings?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

yep... are you the one who grabbed him?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

The Pussy Boss posted:

yep... are you the one who grabbed him?

I am!

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

:cheers: I have Skenes in another keeper league so here's hoping he's up soon and dominates

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Okay so what I can figure out from ESPN, if you drafted a player that played in Korea and the order in which you drafted him placed him in your starting lineup (he wasn't on the bench) then you played him, even if you draft today. So because I took Yuki Matsui in the later rounds he was on my bench and therefore I don't get his Hold, but I drafted Yoshi Yamamoto in the 4th round and he's in my starting rotation so I started him the inning he got shelled.

Very bizarre. You'd think they'd just skip those two games if you drafted afterward. Also Shohei Ohtani was kept as a pitcher in my leagues, therefore no one got his offense because he wasn't starting as a hitter that day.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Yup, all Korea stats carry over to week one unless you draft after Sunday, then that 'week' is null and does not apply.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Chief McHeath posted:

Seriously. It's so inconsistent too, Baz and DeGrom are there for instance.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Lord Of Texas posted:

Seriously. It's so inconsistent too, Baz and DeGrom are there for instance.

I think they’re just going on when teams place them on the IL. Most teams wait until the last minute to start the season, especially on guys that could possibly be ready in a shorter time than a full stint.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

New Team Name: Ippei Investments, with a betting slip as the logo

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Well I definitely bet on the wrong guy in Milwaukee. Payamps looks awful, and Uribe is clearly The Guy now. :shrug:

Only having 6 moves for a 19-day first "week" has royally sucked.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Well I definitely bet on the wrong guy in Milwaukee. Payamps looks awful, and Uribe is clearly The Guy now. :shrug:

Only having 6 moves for a 19-day first "week" has royally sucked.

It is weird how he wasn't the closer to start the season, and he pitched four days in a row and got shelled probably from being exhausted. His stuff looked okay until today.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

:rip: Spencer Strider
:rip: Shane Bieber
:rip: Trevor Story
:rip: Luis Robert Jr

Bregor
May 31, 2013

You forgot

:rip: Eury Perez

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

And now most likely

:rip: Framber Valdez

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I have a black hole in my lineup at 3B since Jung is out for 2 months. Do any of these stand out over the others? Normal 5 cats + OPS

Colt Keith
Eugenio Suarez
Jeimer Candelario
Michael Busch
Jordan Westburg

Have Candelario now but he's very boring and perhaps not completely healthy.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

coronaball posted:

I have a black hole in my lineup at 3B since Jung is out for 2 months. Do any of these stand out over the others? Normal 5 cats + OPS

Colt Keith
Eugenio Suarez
Jeimer Candelario
Michael Busch
Jordan Westburg

Have Candelario now but he's very boring and perhaps not completely healthy.

With OPS the right answer is probably Eugenio. He has the most raw power and can take a walk. Personally I would head for the mountains of Busch but I’m a terrible Cubsposter so YMMV

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Keith may be something, but I dunno how long that'll take to manifest.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I gave Suarez a shot, thanks. Keith doesn't seem like the immediate impact type guy that I need. I already have Chourio and Langford in the "volatile rookie" dept.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

That Logan Allen spot start :negative:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Holliday called up LFG :bisonyes:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Lost the week already but being able to grab Jackson will hopefully turn everything around (?)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
lmao Hunter Brown and Bryan Abreu combined to give me -50.07 points in Ottoneu today while also combining for $22 in salary. They're fuckin' both gone tomorrow.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Abreu was #1 on multiple lists of top holds guys. Whoops.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Extraordinary

https://twitter.com/CodifyBaseball/status/1778504629241983471?s=19

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The Pussy Boss posted:

Abreu was #1 on multiple lists of top holds guys. Whoops.

Yup I was mad I never could draft him. The bullpen carousel at the beginning of the year is so so so random.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Just got offered Bryce Harper for Jackson Holliday in a keeper league.

Hmmmm.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Wish the Sox would just IL Devers, this shoulder keeps him out half the time and seems to be making him struggle when he does manage to play.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

The Pussy Boss posted:

Just got offered Bryce Harper for Jackson Holliday in a keeper league.

Hmmmm.

Depends on how long you can keeper the player, and if you think you can win this year. Holliday may become a star, but I am unsure if that will be in Year 1 or 3. But definitely not 2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Sorry for adding and starting Cowser today. That’s on me fellas