Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Made a few offseason trades in my 20-team dynasty league. Essentially I turned Spencer Steer, Logan Allen, and some prospects into Trea Turner and Jarred Kelenic. Still not ready to compete yet but still think 2025 is a good target.

In the middle of a slow draft for a TGFBI satellite league, used the Fangraphs auction calculator and then tinkered with it a bit to get at least some baseline for rankings since I haven't done much prep otherwise. I've made 13 picks so far and been pretty conservative avoiding injury risk or unproven prospects. Might throw it all out the window and try some dart throws soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Inspector_666 posted:

I'm doing a TGFBI mock right now with FG auction numbers, and it seems like something is very weird with the pitching values right now, or at least was a week or so ago when I punched the numbers.

Oh weird. Which model did you use? I went with ATC and pitching seemed fine but catchers were very overvalued. Had to manually bump it down a bit.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Finally finished my slow draft:

I reached for Contreras at 64 since I was pretty sure he wasn't getting back to 87, but then only Will Smith and Realmuto went in between those picks so who knows. I always second-guess decisions like that, but I really want one of Rutschman, Contreras, or Smith (Rutsch went 52nd) in 15 team 2 C leagues.

SP thins out in a hurry, so even thought it felt like I was early on Musgrove I really didn't want to wait for my SP2. Bradish went the very next pick (whew) and then the group between my Walker/Sonny Gray picks where Bibee, Eury Perez, Justin Steele, and Cole Ragans. I'm happy with how it shook out.

I missed all of my elite-ish middle infield targets but just went with volume and hopefully some amalgam of Edman, Gorman, Tovar, Lux, and Baez shake out to three useful players. If a lot of them hit then I don't mind Lux or Edman in the OF.

And yes I got sucked in by the Manoah BSOHL tweets. Sue me. 24th round felt like a good time for a dart.

According to the last three weeks of Draft Champions ADP, my biggest non-reserve reaches were Alek Thomas, Edman (maybe the wrist injury is scaring people), and Contreras. Biggest bargains were Kyle Harrison, Tovar, and Alex Verdugo, plus all the closers get bumped up in that format due to no FAAB so you can't go shopping for saves in-season.

Anyway it was super fun but very slow even for a slow draft. Next one is my friends' league we've been running since high school. Live draft is in 10 days, I drive up to DC for it every year and it's a blast.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Inspector_666 posted:

too many 1Bs

1B is the one position where I feel like it's very deep in shallow leagues and very thin in deep leagues. In my dynasty I feel like I'm begging other teams for guys like Andrew Vaughn and Ty France and getting nowhere. I traded Steer in a package for Trea Turner and while I'm happy I did, I'm either gonna have to hope one of Busch or Mervis runs away with the job in Chicago or draft an available guy like Ryan Noda, Seth Brown, or Carlos Santana. :smith:

I've always wanted to try an Ottoneu league, but I'm already in four others so not sure I want to add a fifth.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

All my drafts will be done before the Korea series. But in general I think retroactive stats for those games is fine.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I have the first pick in my 12 team friends and family league :unsmith:

Woke up this morning to news Acuña has knee irritation :negative:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Welp ^this draft is in the books:

Anticipated getting an SP and one of Albies or Semien at 24/25 but both of them were gone so I just took the best bat left.

Originally I had picked Jhoan Duran and Jarred Duran (not trying to do a bit) in the 7th and 18th respectfully, but another owner wanted them and I needed an SP, so I traded Duran Duran for Iglesias and Shota.

Did not anticipate getting Bellinger but all of my SP targets in that range went before 48/49. Not really enamored with Stott or Santander but they seemed like really good value for those spots. It's a daily moves league and an active one at that, I'm sure half of this team will turn over by Memorial Day.

Guys I have in both leagues so far are Devers, Devin Williams, Aaron Civale, and Gavin Lux. I would start fading those guys if you haven't already because I'm sure some malady is about to hit all of them.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Okay so just how dead is Gerrit Cole? Dude in my dynasty league says he is available and I'm targeting 2025/2026 for contention so it might make sense.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Inspector_666 posted:

Took Cole in the second round of TGFBI this year. Took Rodon as my SP1 in TGFBI last year.

As a Yankees fan, I need to stop doing this.

Last year my top two pitchers in TGFBI were Sandy Alcantara and Shane Bieber. Sorry everyone.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Bregor posted:

Guys I have in both leagues so far are ... Devin Williams... I would start fading those guys if you haven't already because I'm sure some malady is about to hit all of them.

I'M SO SORRY EVERYONE, GODDAMNIT

Bregor
May 31, 2013

First FAAB runs in a lot of leagues tomorrow night.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Chief McHeath posted:

what i want to know is when the gently caress are IL guys going to get listed as on the IL

I know this happens every year. But I'm still relentlessly :f5: until Bradish is on the IL

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Twin Cinema posted:

I joined my first serious money league in a long time.

1. (1) Ronald Acuña (ATL - OF)
2. (28) Ozzie Albies (ATL - 2B)
3. (29) Logan Webb (SF - SP)
4. (56) Alex Bregman (HOU - 3B)
5. (57) Manny Machado (SD - 3B)
6. (84) Shane Bieber (CLE - SP)
7. (85) Spencer Torkelson (DET - 1B)
8. (112) Nick Pivetta (BOS - SP,RP)
9. (113) Willy Adames (MIL - SS)
10. (140) Jackson Chourio (MIL - OF)
11. (141) Brayan Bello (BOS - SP)
12. (168) Marcell Ozuna (ATL - OF)
13. (169) Nestor Cortes (NYY - SP)
14. (196) Sean Manaea (NYM - SP,RP)
15. (197) Carlos Correa (MIN - SS)
16. (224) Reese Olson (DET - SP)
17. (225) Jonathan India (CIN - 2B)
18. (252) Kenta Maeda (DET - SP)
19. (253) Logan O'Hoppe (LAA - C)
20. (280) Ricky Tiedemann (TOR - SP)
21. (281) Brady Singer (KC - SP)
22. (308) Paul Skenes (PIT - SP)

I picked first, but in a 14-team league, I wasn't fully prepared to continually have to make two picks in a row. Planning that far ahead was a challenge. My 6th-9th round picks were me scrambling, because I needed another SP, I wanted to fill one of my RP slots with a SP (because SP's are more valuable in this league), and I needed a 1B/SS from the barren wasteland that remained. So looking at my picks, I grabbed players I am not entirely thrilled with. By the end, my final 3 picks were, "I don't know, so these picks are holders until I can read-up on some possible sleepers". I would love to keep Skenes, but because there's no spot to hold onto a NA player, I will have to drop him rather than waste a spot.

Overall, I am happy, but I am luckily not super invested in a lot of my picks, so it'll be easier to drop in the first few weeks if anyone starts out hot.

Albies and Chourio seem like great values at this point in draft season

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Abner Uribe (*I dropped to grab Bradish, thanks Bregor!)

:patriot:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

You forgot

:rip: Eury Perez

Bregor
May 31, 2013

coronaball posted:

I have a black hole in my lineup at 3B since Jung is out for 2 months. Do any of these stand out over the others? Normal 5 cats + OPS

Colt Keith
Eugenio Suarez
Jeimer Candelario
Michael Busch
Jordan Westburg

Have Candelario now but he's very boring and perhaps not completely healthy.

With OPS the right answer is probably Eugenio. He has the most raw power and can take a walk. Personally I would head for the mountains of Busch but I’m a terrible Cubsposter so YMMV

Bregor
May 31, 2013

That Logan Allen spot start :negative:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Inspector_666 posted:

Somebody in my money league rage dropped Snell, so that was a fun waiver pickup.

The waiver wire giveth... Snell just got placed on the IL with an adductor strain and I don't know what that is

Bregor
May 31, 2013

If I went through all my teams it would be a crazy list. And now Bellinger is on the IL :negative:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Okay fine. Just on my 12-team friends and family league:

Kyle Bradish
Devin Williams
Sean Murphy
Jake Burger (who I had to cut and someone scooped already)
Seiya Suzuki
Bobby Miller
Cody Bellinger

Bregor
May 31, 2013

So I have Junior Caminero in a dynasty league and I live in the Raleigh Durham area and I’ve tried three times to go see him for the Bulls and each time he’s been out with an injury. Today I had other plans and he’s already socked two dingers. Oh well

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I have it on good authority that Corbin Carroll will break out this week (I'm playing against him in my dynasty H2H)

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Yeah I feel like MLB is gonna swap out the heavy baseballs for the Aaron Judge happy fun balls and every pitcher is going to get destroyed

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Just acquired Bo Bichette and Jason Foley by giving up Raisel Iglesias so if Bo gets hurt or somehow performs worse then that’s my bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Charlie Morton v Javier Assad, both have been pretty good but yeah I'm benching them if I have any better options.