Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

How are people doing drafts this year with the early start in Korea? Are people ignoring it or drafting the weekend before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

kensei posted:

The last few times this happened, we drafted right before the North American first game and those stats were applied to the week.

I remember one year drafting the weekend after the Japanese series and people were really excited about Yoenis Cespedes.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

We live in the bizarro universe where Kris Bryant goes last and Bellinger goes in the first 50.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Okay so what I can figure out from ESPN, if you drafted a player that played in Korea and the order in which you drafted him placed him in your starting lineup (he wasn't on the bench) then you played him, even if you draft today. So because I took Yuki Matsui in the later rounds he was on my bench and therefore I don't get his Hold, but I drafted Yoshi Yamamoto in the 4th round and he's in my starting rotation so I started him the inning he got shelled.

Very bizarre. You'd think they'd just skip those two games if you drafted afterward. Also Shohei Ohtani was kept as a pitcher in my leagues, therefore no one got his offense because he wasn't starting as a hitter that day.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Well I definitely bet on the wrong guy in Milwaukee. Payamps looks awful, and Uribe is clearly The Guy now. :shrug:

Only having 6 moves for a 19-day first "week" has royally sucked.

It is weird how he wasn't the closer to start the season, and he pitched four days in a row and got shelled probably from being exhausted. His stuff looked okay until today.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

:rip: Spencer Strider
:rip: Shane Bieber
:rip: Trevor Story
:rip: Luis Robert Jr

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The Pussy Boss posted:

Abreu was #1 on multiple lists of top holds guys. Whoops.

Yup I was mad I never could draft him. The bullpen carousel at the beginning of the year is so so so random.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

I know you aren't supposed to drop hitters until May, but Nolan Jones is working on an 0/22 and counting. Razzballs rankings convinced me to overdraft this guy and he's a disaster.

I'm in a league where I have Oneil Cruz and Corbin Carroll just killing me, too. There's a lot of dead bats right now it's really weird.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Yeah it's likely that a lot of players are just cold and the weather will heat up along with their bats/arms. There's too many good guys not hitting right now.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

:rip: Jesus Luzardo

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Scruffy the janitor posted:

I have officially benched Corbin Carroll. I hope he gets his poo poo together. I'm 3-2 with third highest points, but it would still be nice to have my first round pick not suck rear end

I have had him benched all week. I have to start him today because of postponed games. It's weird how he cannot hit a fastball all of a sudden.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Inspector_666 posted:

He had a huge dropoff last season after his shoulder injury. I didn't think it would follow him into 2024 like this but yikes.

Same. I thought he'd be pretty valuable where I drafted him at.

There are a ton of guys slumping early so hopefully Carroll is just cold. His walks look good still.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Bregor posted:

I have it on good authority that Corbin Carroll will break out this week (I'm playing against him in my dynasty H2H)

:hmmyes:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Gobias Ind. posted:

Lol joined a goon keeper league this year and kept Cole, Devin Williams, Luis Robert, and Trout.

They are now all on the IL.

That's impressive actually because I would have kept all those guys for sure in March.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

There are so many guys not hitting at all. It's going to change soon because you see a ton of pitchers throwing like sub-3 ERAs that have no business doing so.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

ESPN lets you drop Carroll now. Yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Edwin Diaz so loving broken :rip: