Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I was reading the 2B tier list, and I was thinking, "what do they mean?" when I read Betts, Semien, and Albies. Then, Altuve and I was like, "yeah, he's still good, though". Then watched the list fall off a cliff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Joining my first competitive league in a few years (was in one last year that only had 6 people, so a lot easier), and found out I have the first pick when we pick next month.

This feels like the most slam-dunk first pick since the years Trout was in his prime.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I joined my first serious money league in a long time.

1. (1) Ronald Acuņa (ATL - OF)
2. (28) Ozzie Albies (ATL - 2B)
3. (29) Logan Webb (SF - SP)
4. (56) Alex Bregman (HOU - 3B)
5. (57) Manny Machado (SD - 3B)
6. (84) Shane Bieber (CLE - SP)
7. (85) Spencer Torkelson (DET - 1B)
8. (112) Nick Pivetta (BOS - SP,RP)
9. (113) Willy Adames (MIL - SS)
10. (140) Jackson Chourio (MIL - OF)
11. (141) Brayan Bello (BOS - SP)
12. (168) Marcell Ozuna (ATL - OF)
13. (169) Nestor Cortes (NYY - SP)
14. (196) Sean Manaea (NYM - SP,RP)
15. (197) Carlos Correa (MIN - SS)
16. (224) Reese Olson (DET - SP)
17. (225) Jonathan India (CIN - 2B)
18. (252) Kenta Maeda (DET - SP)
19. (253) Logan O'Hoppe (LAA - C)
20. (280) Ricky Tiedemann (TOR - SP)
21. (281) Brady Singer (KC - SP)
22. (308) Paul Skenes (PIT - SP)

I picked first, but in a 14-team league, I wasn't fully prepared to continually have to make two picks in a row. Planning that far ahead was a challenge. My 6th-9th round picks were me scrambling, because I needed another SP, I wanted to fill one of my RP slots with a SP (because SP's are more valuable in this league), and I needed a 1B/SS from the barren wasteland that remained. So looking at my picks, I grabbed players I am not entirely thrilled with. By the end, my final 3 picks were, "I don't know, so these picks are holders until I can read-up on some possible sleepers". I would love to keep Skenes, but because there's no spot to hold onto a NA player, I will have to drop him rather than waste a spot.

Overall, I am happy, but I am luckily not super invested in a lot of my picks, so it'll be easier to drop in the first few weeks if anyone starts out hot.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Bregor posted:

Albies and Chourio seem like great values at this point in draft season

When I see a player like Albies drop like that, my first question is always, "what am I missing?" Especially because someone drafted Elly De La Cruz 16th.

As for Chourio, I thought I was drafting him a little high. I only made sure to pick him where I did because I missed out on Wyatt Langford, because I drafted for need. Hate that!

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

The Pussy Boss posted:

Just got offered Bryce Harper for Jackson Holliday in a keeper league.

Hmmmm.

Depends on how long you can keeper the player, and if you think you can win this year. Holliday may become a star, but I am unsure if that will be in Year 1 or 3. But definitely not 2!