Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Ratios and Tendency posted:

The only thing I know about Missouri is that Kansas City is there rather than in Kansas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoWc6WRHKEE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Has anyone said Mississippi yet? Yeah, the river's famous, but the state? It's kind of a joke for being number 49 or 50 in the union for, well, everything, but it's almost impossible to think of anything specifically in it or about it.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Racism. It's extremely famous worldwide for racism. And the river boats.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The river boats? Also racist

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Mississippi Burning.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mississippi is how you count and challenge someone to spell.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Mississippi has a famous song about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7fgB0m_y2I

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Another famous song about Mississippi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ25-U3jNWM

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
SD has Cazy Horse (never gonna get finished), the Corn Palace and half of my childhood.

Wall Drug is p cool if you like rocks and Jackalope taxidermy.

Oh and the badlands are beautiful

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
It's a -10/100 because my dad lives there.

I gave extra points for th the gold hills :doh:

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Oh the other hand, if you want to have weird hosed up dreams about rattle snakes and cow skeletons, it's a good place for a ranching homestead.

At least it was.

I'm not going back you can't make me

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

no one cares

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

pencilhands posted:

no one cares
Disagree pencilhands. i like reading little anecdotes from people. in fact, your only good posts imo are when you're doing just that, when you refrain from posting about your turds or what have you.

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013

500excf type r posted:

Maine potatoes are better anyways.

Something Maine is famous for: Bob Marley, world record holding comedian, also Italian sandwiches and dagwoods

None of these are famous, and meanwhile the actual Bob Marley lived in Delaware for a couple of years, which officially makes it the third least famous state in the Northeast, behind Connecticut and Maine.

Idaho is still the least famous, though.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Sex Farm posted:

West Virginia

Blue-ridged mountains, Shenadoah riverrrrr

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

nice obelisk idiot posted:

Disagree pencilhands. i like reading little anecdotes from people. in fact, your only good posts imo are when you're doing just that, when you refrain from posting about your turds or what have you.

sorry youre right

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

RapturesoftheDeep posted:

None of these are famous, and meanwhile the actual Bob Marley lived in Delaware for a couple of years, which officially makes it the third least famous state in the Northeast, behind Connecticut and Maine.

All of those are famous and Delaware isn't in the northeast what the gently caress

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

500excf type r posted:

All of those are famous and Delaware isn't in the northeast what the gently caress

where is it then

the south? lmao

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

pencilhands posted:

where is it then

the south? lmao

The mid Atlantic lol cmon man

Also earlier in the thread someone mentioned packies but attributed it to new Hampshire and I wanted to set the record straight that it's a "Connecticut thing" that spread out

It's because Connecticut and Rhode Island were the only states to not ratify the 18th amendment that prohibited alcohol and so alcohol laws didn't get rewritten with updated language and still use the old timey terms from the early 1800s

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Yep my local liquor store here in ct is officially named (Town) Package Store. It's something we take for granted but that is weird to almost everyone else.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

RapturesoftheDeep posted:

For the record, those things are not what puts Maine on the "not completely unknown" map.

What does is: Stephen King, Lobster, Oceans/lighthouses, people talking funny, whoopie pies, A REAL Italian, potatoes and blueberries, Samantha Smith (she helped end the Cold War), that Angela Lansbury murder town, and our close and friendly relations with the good folks of Quebec, New Brunswick, and the Maritimes.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Don't forget needhams

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

free hubcaps posted:

Don't forget needhams

Also Allens Coffee Brandy, the state beverage! (officially Moxie I think, but no one drinks that poo poo)

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Going with West Dakota. They don't even bother including it on maps cos no one cares.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

redshirt posted:

For the record, those things are not what puts Maine on the "not completely unknown" map.

What does is: Stephen King, Lobster, Oceans/lighthouses, people talking funny, whoopie pies, A REAL Italian, potatoes and blueberries, Samantha Smith (she helped end the Cold War), that Angela Lansbury murder town, and our close and friendly relations with the good folks of Quebec, New Brunswick, and the Maritimes.

Yeah man, I said Italian sandwiches, also Dagwoods, and red snappers.

Hiram Maxim, the man that invented the machine gun and the silencer, was born in Sangerville. There used to be an annual machine gun shooting festival there for years.

Lord Harbor
Apr 17, 2005
Bruce Campbell: You've stolen my heart, but you'll never take my freedom
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Lies, no one is friends with Quebec.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Lord Harbor posted:

Lies, no one is friends with Quebec.

Not friends, but friendly. They take over several areas of Maine in the summer, and we've come to accept it and work within the temporary Occupation.

Bienvenue!

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Tabernak!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

redshirt posted:

Not friends, but friendly. They take over several areas of Maine in the summer, and we've come to accept it and work within the temporary Occupation.

Bienvenue!

this is why i want a secure and locked border

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Worf posted:

this is why i want a secure and locked border

When I was a teen all the forest workers and log truck drivers finally got sick of the French Canadians coming over and taking their jobs for less money so they blocked the border crossings in protest and wouldn't let the Canadians come over for awhile

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

enjoying the goons that keep bringing up Utah or Tennessee as examples solely because no one's mentioned them yet. it is a mystery of course

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

you know guys i bet its New York. guess why

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

cumpantry posted:

you know guys i bet its New York. guess why

because youre stupid & eat feces

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

cumpantry posted:

enjoying the goons that keep bringing up Utah or Tennessee as examples solely because no one's mentioned them yet. it is a mystery of course

People keep thinking the thread is “what state sucks the most” or “what state do I least want to live in”

The thread is least famous state. If it’s known for something even a not good thing it counts in its favor. If it’s known for it in a non-US country then it counts double imo.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

cumpantry posted:

It's a discussion on ranking the famousity of every state to determine the lowest, no states should go unmentioned if you are being diligent

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
West Kansas, everyone has met one WK born person in their life at some point but nobody can point to it on a map.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

500excf type r posted:

It's a discussion on ranking the famousity of every state to determine the lowest, no states should go unmentioned if you are being diligent

Well, I don't think California should even be mentioned.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

ultrafilter posted:

Vermont has about as many people as the city of Boston. Not the Boston metro area, mind you, but the city proper. It's a wonder that there's anything there.

And over 1/4 of Vermont's population is concentrated in a single county.

That state has no Popeye's, no Arby's, I think one single 7-11? One Trader Joes that only opened a few years ago.

And yet...AND YET,

When they had to chose which Springfield, USA was going to host the premiere of The Simpsons Movie... Springfield, VT won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

tbf it may be more accurate to look at it that the other springfields lost for various legitimate reasons