Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Super Bowl party for one tonight. I got a Digiorno 3-meat stuffed crust and a bag of Hill Country Fair frozen pre-cooked buffalo wings. I don’t really buy into Digiorno as the be-all end-all of frozen pizza, but there was an in-store $2 off coupon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

General Dog posted:

Super Bowl party for one tonight. I got a Digiorno 3-meat stuffed crust and a bag of Hill Country Fair frozen pre-cooked buffalo wings. I don’t really buy into Digiorno as the be-all end-all of frozen pizza, but there was an in-store $2 off coupon.

the aldi's name brand Mama Cozi frozen pepperoni pizzas are definitely the top tier

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I didn't intend to watch the game but some friends had an awful week so we're gonna take their mind off it with some eats and football.

Gonna make a nacho bar myself. No idea what else is happening. I think pigs in blankets.

Thanks again for the cheese dip suggestions folks.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
We are doing a bunch of appetizers then chili and cornbread for dinner since we're having a bunch of people over and it will be easy to make and serve up.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Just me and the child this year so I kept it relatively simple, some oven fried wings, ham and broccoli pastry puffs, and a massive sheet of nachos, but I spent part of yesterday cooking the beans for the nachos instead of using canned, so I figure that makes it fancy enough to rationalize being a grown man nearing 40 eating nachos for dinner:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Radia posted:

the aldi's name brand Mama Cozi frozen pepperoni pizzas are definitely the top tier

Their unfrozen take and bakes were the best value pizza on earth, I wish I had one in my current city

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

It's going to be ribs, wings, fries and pizza for me this year. Staying in and I'm watching it solo so most of it will become leftovers

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I started a pork shoulder at 3am on my pellet grill.

I'll do some wings too: 225 for two hours on pellet grill, sauce them, then broil to crisp up a bit.

Friends coming over are bringing sides.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Keeping it low key, just the wife and kid.

Nachos with a nice dip, think like a taco with beef. Dessert is cannoli dip with cannoli chips. Fits the theme.

Also drinking this:

shyduck fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Feb 11, 2024

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

We're hosting a potluck and someone else is making chili, so yesterday I made a batch of black beans in the instant pot, then some classic salsa:

3 big tomatoes (wrinkly heirloom ones if you fancy)
Half a head of garlic
A medium red onion
A jalapeño (de-seeded for General Audiences, more if you like)
A chipotle pepper (same)
Zest of a lime and juice of two limes
A handful of cilantro leaves
Salt to taste

Smash the garlic and chop everything else roughly. Put all the liquid, the peppers, and like a tenth of the rest of the ingredients in the blender and blitz it until it's completely liquid. Drop the rest of the ingredients in and pulse until it's the texture you want.

I then used that salsa to make this salsa:

16 oz black beans, drained
1 can ro-tel
About half a cup of red salsa
Half a medium red onion, chopped fine
A jalapeño, de-seeded and minced
4 oz corn kernels
Zest and juice of a lime
3 Tbsp garlic, minced
2 Tbsp tasty oil (garlic, chili, or just good olive oil)
1/4 cup of minced cilantro leaves
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

Put it all in a bowl, fold to combine, salt to taste, and refrigerate for at least an hour before eating.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Oh and I rolled a bunch of jazz cigarettes. Those are kinda like snacks.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

shyduck posted:

Also drinking this:

Their Mad Elf is my favorite Christmas beer because it tastes great and will absolutely wreck your poo poo with an 11% abv

On topic, pizza and wings for takeout and I'll force my wife to watch the game with me. Odds are extremely high that if the Chiefs start pulling away then I'll just watch it muted on a tablet while we continue watching The Sopranos. It's my 6th or 7th time but it's fun watching her reaction to poo poo considering it's her first.

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Feb 11, 2024

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I wanted to get dim sum before the game but apparently it's Chinese New Year so that might be a horrifying option. During the game would be a potluck so who knows what's going to be there except my sexy veggie tray (w/ blue cheese and hummus because ranch is for garbage humans).

update: i also bought 7 layer bean dip

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Drunk Nerds posted:

The key to crispy chicken wings is to S&P them at least an hour beforehand, the longer the better. I put together a team and experimented for a year to find the best chicken wing techniques, and the top thing we found is getting that S&P in there to really blister the skin.

Baking powder is the way and the light for crispy delicious smoked/grilled chicken wings.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I'm.gonna eat a dick

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

tortilla chips + hummus, ranch dip, salsa con queso
dominos emergency pepperoni + banana peppers on garlic sauce pizza
pre-cooked pork ribs

just me and my father this year

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

I. M. Gei posted:

Baking powder is the way and the light for crispy delicious smoked/grilled chicken wings.

Oh 100%. You toss em in S&P and like a half TBSP of power per 6 wings and then refrigerate them for at least an hour.

Really digging the recipes in here, y'all, please keep them coming.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

shyduck posted:

Keeping it low key, just the wife and kid.

Nachos with a nice dip, think like a taco with beef. Dessert is cannoli dip with cannoli chips. Fits the theme.

Also drinking this:

Thats a good beer.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Chips and dips

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Doing homemade wings again. Pretty basic recipe but it came out great last year.

Wings: Coated in flour+salt+paprika+cayenne pepper, chilled in the fridge for a couple hours. Deep fried in canola oil, tossed in sauce.

Sauce mix: Frank's, honey, butter, garlic powder, a little vinegar, maybe some Worcestershire if I'm feeling it.

Roommate is doing BBQ meatballs, and the family is bringing over chips and bean dip. Should be a good time even if the great Satan 49ers win.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

All of y'all doing fried wings instead of grilled, you don't know what you're missing. They are tastier, crispier, and healthier than fried wings, and the BP coating and smoking steps can be done so far in advance that you can drat near do it whenever you want and then just break 'em out and slap 'em on the grill to bring them up to temp any time you feel like eating wings.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

I. M. Gei posted:

All of y'all doing fried wings instead of grilled, you don't know what you're missing. They are tastier, crispier, and healthier than fried wings, and the BP coating and smoking steps can be done so far in advance that you can drat near do it whenever you want and then just break 'em out and slap 'em on the grill to bring them up to temp any time you feel like eating wings.

grilled wings might be crispier and are definitely healthier, but they're def not tastier

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Radia posted:

grilled wings might be crispier and are definitely healthier, but they're def not tastier

:wrong:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Radia posted:

frying is good but nicely grilled is better

with grilling, you can add more complex flavors with stuff like caramelized sugars

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Who cares the dang wing is taking a bath in hot sauce and Bleu cheese anyway

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Who cares the dang wing is taking a bath in hot sauce and Bleu cheese anyway

it's true

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Ahhhh, the woman crouching on top of a table takes me back to the cakefarts.com days. God forbid it still exists...it probably does because humanity is really depraved.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

I. M. Gei posted:

Both are really good! No wrong answers here.

Also it's pissing down rain around here so I don't feel like breaking out the grill anyway.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Proper buffalo wings (deep-fried crispy, quickly drained, then shaken in a large Tupperware bowl with Frank's and butter while still incredibly hot so that the sauce welds itself to the wings)

Immediately served with celery, black olives and blue cheese dressing.

smoobles posted:

I'm.gonna eat a dick

How do you stop at just one

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 11, 2024

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

PainterofCrap posted:

Proper buffalo wings (deep-fried crispy, quickly drained, then shaken in a large Tupperware bowl with Frank's and butter while still incredibly hot so that the sauce welds itself to the wings)

Immediately served with celery, black olives and blue cheese dressing.

make sure that u use extra hot franks, so you get heat and keep the flavor

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I got fresh baked bread and a rotisserie chicken. Gonna make a chicken cheese grilled samich.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

I. M. Gei posted:

Taste the meat not the heat

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I've been slow cooking a pork shoulder all day for pulled pork tacos.

Made a shitload of guacamole. My wife is making pigs in a blanket.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Judge me all you want but I did homemade chicken nuggets. They're delicious.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

My work made me travel on Super Bowl Sunday so I expensed a Goonish amount of Vietnamese food to my hotel room

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

nice burg

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

w

what the

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

I don't understand, but I think I'd like to.