Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Do you know which specific fan it is? Like point it out in a case?

If so give the screws that hold it in a little loosening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Yes, very simple devices. If there is sound it comes from the rotor/shaft (you replace), the blades striking something (move the thing), or the case has picked up resonance and is vibrating making sound (touch the case, is it vibrating?)

Vibrating can be solved by either replacing the fan for a more balanced unit, or choosing a lower/higher "idle" speed. Sometimes rubber standoffs are used to absorb vibration, it's pretty hit and miss even tough it sounds obvious and "it should work, duh"

Loosening screws a smidge accomplishes the same thing, in my experience

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
The second.

If there is noise it'll be from a moving part. The pump definitely moves and it could be that. You need to get in there (if you can, take a full rest irl) between sessions and pinpoint where the sound is coming from first. Cast light or daylight somehow and touch the center of each fan lightly (while it's making noise, launch bg3 if you have to, resist playing) to find the culprit(s).

If you can not touch the center rotating part, your fans are on upside down (generally)

If it's none of the fans here, stop them both to see if the sound goes away

Any other case fans? Those are harder to get at but the concept is the same. Approach from the "front" rotating part.

down1nit fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 11, 2024

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
You could try just unplugging #2 and running with only one fan. It's fine.

I feel like you're doing everything but getting inside the case lol. If you're not sure about futzing about in there we can do a little video call?

Just saw the graph, it didn't load on mobile I think, yeah it looks like it hits a certain RPM and then bogs itself down. Probably need a new one. I don't quite know why it happens, but sometimes the stator shaft gets VERY VERY SLIGHTLY bent during manufacturing. That's probably a warranty thing if you wanna bother, otherwise just swap it out.

I'd really want you to confirm it visually/by watching the RPMS rise until it resonates, and then stop it to pinpoint for sure it's the one if you can.

down1nit fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 11, 2024