Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you ever noticed people did start chanting diarrhea after i said i was glad nobody did way up earlier in this tread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

This the Mecca thread so I'll be nice and admit I sort of watch NXT as background noise on Tuesday nights because it's hilariously bad and I enjoy terrible media.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

listen. everybody was talking about that diarrhea stuff on here. don't act like everyone wasn't making a big deal out of it

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

super macho dude posted:

This the Mecca thread so I'll be nice and admit I sort of watch NXT as background noise on Tuesday nights because it's hilariously bad and I enjoy terrible media.

There were a couple weeks where I thought NXT was really legit good and coming together but then I stopped really paying attention to it and after checking it out again... yeah, if there's nothing else on then it's background TV. Every once and a while it'll have a great match and Ilja is worth watching, but rarely anything else seems good.

They do at least give the women a lot of time for matches and storylines that aren't just about titles. But again you have some wild quality with those storylines between pretty decent and really embarrassing.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NXT is developmental, as in you’d want to have “developed” brain damage to watch that poo poo 😂

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Remember when we had GLEAT stans

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pylons posted:

GLEAT stans

Is this the british term for kidney stones or muffins or something?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Adrenaline
in my soul
Cody Rhodes
goes DK Mode

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

So you guys think Cody is gonna beat Roman? I could see it, but also I could see them wanting to keep Romans streak intact. I don’t watch wwe usually but that’ll be a fun one to yell at the tv with my irl friends.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

What’s the over/under on rubber chickens?

delightful
Jul 20, 2022

Sandman from ECW posted:

So you guys think Cody is gonna beat Roman? I could see it, but also I could see them wanting to keep Romans streak intact. I don’t watch wwe usually but that’ll be a fun one to yell at the tv with my irl friends.

Cody beats Roman or any chance of him staying as a top babyface is over. Against all odds he managed to stay popular losing last year, another loss and there's no way.

Cody becomes champ, Roman fueds with Rock for ownership of the bloodline or some poo poo like that.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

There’s money in the chase. I would prefer that Cody wins but if he were to lose, it would have to be by interference from someone whom he could have fantastic match and a great feud wjth( to distract that he lost to Roman again).

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

No amount of devotion to Cody can cover the fact he has to win here. If not it will always be a deeply flawed story and I think him losing last year was good storytelling considering what came after and the feuds Cody won between then and now.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

There’s money in the chase. I would prefer that Cody wins but if he were to lose, it would have to be by interference from someone whom he could have fantastic match and a great feud wjth( to distract that he lost to Roman again).

delightful posted:

Cody beats Roman or any chance of him staying as a top babyface is over. Against all odds he managed to stay popular losing last year, another loss and there's no way.

Cody becomes champ, Roman fueds with Rock for ownership of the bloodline or some poo poo like that.

There's money in the chase, but at some point the babyface has to beat the heel or the crowds will give up on them, no matter how much heel fuckery is involved. The heel is expected to cheat, if the babyface can't "overcome the odds" and get past that then the crowds won't believe them as a top babyface. Even Dusty knew that he had to beat Flair some of the time to keep the people believing in him, even if it Dusty finish'd later or Flair got the belt back a few weeks later.

Add in that you can run Roman/Rock at the Saudi shows and without needing the belt as a prop to get you there and you've got Cody winning it all. He doesn't need to be our latest foreverchamp but he has to win it here or you might as well put a big loser tat on the other side of his neck.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I think it’s smart to set up the tag match because you can get all the typical WWE stuff where the babyface must be absolutely destroyed and humiliated before winning out of the way and Roman/Cody can just be a hero overcoming the odds.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

It FEELS like Cody winning is the obvious answer, and they'll do some other obvious poo poo like he loses the tag match on Night 1. And against all odds (and the Rock double turning on Roman because reasons), he'll win the championship and hold it for a month because Cody is a fuckface loser

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cody vs Walter after Walter loses to Sami is what I want

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Cody vs Walter after Walter loses to Sami is what I want

Cody vs Walter would be fun kinda like a world war ii vibe

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
If Cody loses this year, do you think he could pull off a year as a jaded heel until the next Wrestlemania where he wins and gets redemption/turns back to babyface?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

delightful posted:

If Cody loses this year, do you think he could pull off a year as a jaded heel until the next Wrestlemania where he wins and gets redemption/turns back to babyface?

Nah, they'll just push the same story that they have been doing for the last two years, and people will act like it's CINEMA

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Majinfoose posted:

Nah, they'll just push the same story that they have been doing for the last two years, and people will act like it's CINEMA

It's the long game, Roman needs to beat Hogan's streak, maybe next year is Cody's year :qq:

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

super macho dude posted:

It's the long game, Roman needs to beat Hogan's streak, maybe next year is Cody's year :qq:

Edge may have left the company, but the WWE UNIVERSE loves edging

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Majinfoose posted:

WWE fans collect marvel funko pops while i on the other hand have pops of tarkovzky and fellini. i have meshes of the afternoon deluxe edition that came with a mirror face figurine it’s epic

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Eat My Fuc posted:

WWE fans collect marvel funko pops while i on the other hand have pops of tarkovzky and fellini. i have meshes of the afternoon deluxe edition that came with a mirror face figurine it’s epic

That's cool, I have a Dragon Ball Wall, or as I call it a Dragon Wall :)

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
So..

How about those new camera angles?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Eat My Fuc posted:

It appears there is no funkopop of death from the seventh seal

So there does appear to be a bottom to their depravity

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

FullMetalJackoff posted:

So..

Cinema

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

FullMetalJackoff posted:

So..

I saw a few clips on twitter, they looked pretty good. Liked the one of the Rock’s entrance.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

I tried watching La Dolce Vita once, I fell asleep. It was at home though and I have a comfy couch.

If it was in a theater I probably would have to pee a lot.

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
The CM Punk segment of RAW was pretty good! He and Drew McIntyre have quite a bit of chemistry. But it was funny seeing McIntyre calling Punk obsessed when it's been McIntyre posting about Punk endlessly on social media and has 2 Punk t-shirts (both worn in the same segment!). Stop gaslighting me Drew McIntyre!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

WWE fans collect marvel funko pops while i on the other hand have pops of tarkovzky and fellini

Is that a new tag team in NXT

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

that’s the two non-gunther dudes in Imperium

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Pretty sure they're new members of the D'Angelo Family

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Cody losing last year was hilariously dumb so I hope it happens again for the yucks

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I hope they care more about roman's title reign being longer than hogan's than they do cody finishing his story because that is the wwe I know

edit: and I know this is the mecca thread so I'm not even saying this as a negative - either outcome will result in me being positive on it

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 29, 2024

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Spuckuk posted:

Cody losing last year was hilariously dumb so I hope it happens again for the yucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

If Cody loses AGAIN in the main event of Night 2, I'll start watching the main shows again