Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wit
Jul 26, 2011
Youtube has decided that I must like videos of maps with red arrows and titles like "Why 'nobody' Lives Here" and its Mexico City or something. It won't stop.

VVV: Shill for Big Videos-with-arrows--on-maps-saying-nobody-lives-here spotted.

wit fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

you're posting about them here so clearly it's engaging you

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

wit posted:

Youtube has decided that I must like videos of maps with red arrows and titles like "Why 'nobody' Lives Here" and its Mexico City or something. It won't stop.

VVV: Shill for Big Videos-with-arrows--on-maps-saying-nobody-lives-here spotted.

This Goon is always talking about maps and arrows every time I see them.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I've been hosed over, left for dead, dissed, and forgotten.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Animal-Mother posted:

i promise to never forget you Animal-Mother.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Hamburger is not classified as a breakfast food.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

it is in loco moco bi*c*

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

By popular demand posted:

It is if you put it in your cereal

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Got an itch inside my ear

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Animal-Mother posted:

you live on the part of the map the arrow is pointing to

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I got a PS Plus Deluxe subscription and saw that FFVII Remake was available for free (with the sub).

So I was like "oh I've got a few weeks off over christmas I can play this game, I really enjoyed the first one certainly this one will be good also".

50 hours later and I'm like wtf did I just waste all this loving time on. Don't get me wrong it had some good moments but overall its a stupid incoherent dog's breakfast of a game.

I'm also like barely a gamer at all. Its basically put me off video games entirely.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
Wasabi peas were on sale for 1.99 for a big can, and I discovered that the can is ~1400 calories. They're peas. I get that there's some oil required but jfc.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

I keep getting older this is loving bullshit

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

nice obelisk idiot posted:

Wasabi peas were on sale for 1.99 for a big can, and I discovered that the can is ~1400 calories. They're peas. I get that there's some oil required but jfc.

Imagine being angry at discovering a $4/day diet

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Captain Hygiene posted:

Imagine being angry at discovering a $4/day diet
I think that this thread implies a lack of perspective... you're getting awfully close to being a perpetrator of injustice against me tbqh

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Poohs Packin posted:

I got a PS Plus Deluxe subscription and saw that FFVII Remake was available for free (with the sub).

So I was like "oh I've got a few weeks off over christmas I can play this game, I really enjoyed the first one certainly this one will be good also".

50 hours later and I'm like wtf did I just waste all this loving time on. Don't get me wrong it had some good moments but overall its a stupid incoherent dog's breakfast of a game.

I'm also like barely a gamer at all. Its basically put me off video games entirely.

Storywise it's because the original game was a mish-mash of poo poo but it was an amazing mish-mash of poo poo for us. Now, they have to muddy the waters by trying to go their own way with the story and mechanics but still please the old farts like me who played the game when it came out. I suspect that the new one will be more coherent.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

time really does seem to move faster the older you get. they werent lying. whoever invented this poo poo will pay with their blood. ill find you fucker!!! im ok. :)

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I don't want to derail on some FFVII Remake thing but there was SO MUCH TIME SPENT ON DUMB poo poo and zero time explaining like critical plot points (who is sephiroth, what is jenova, what is mako, why are there ghosts everywhere).

They force you to walk around saving cats for like 30 minutes and spend all these worthless cut-scenes on establishing a weird romance triangle that never pays off. I understand they're stretching a 7-8 hour chapter of a game into a whole rear end thing. There are so many Cloud flashbacks of him just remembering vague poo poo then it cuts to the "gameplay" and you're forced to staggeringly walk towards a button for 5 minutes gripping your head. It rewards you with nothing.

They completely destroy any momentum in the game with these melodramatic long drawn out side quests. The "Cloud in Drag" story line was pretty fun and all and worked in the first game as a 60 minute side-quest but they made it into like a whole act of the game lol.

the whole 2nd act just felt shoe-horned in. It was basically "oh hey people need help here you can stick around and be a competitionist if you want to" and it adds like 10 hours to the game.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

actually i think its hilarious that youre so mad at a final fantasy video game that youre blogging about it, and encourage you to continue

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Worf posted:

blogging

buddy, im posting

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

A blog post is a textual information, which can be a product review, tutorial, or insights article on a topic.

Cool blog, blog denialist

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

whatever NERD

wit
Jul 26, 2011

nice obelisk idiot posted:

Kind of lucky they told you. Normally they do dumb poo poo like make portions nobody would ever eat, like 1 pea and report that. Either way that seriously sounds like stuff you forcefeed hunger strikers or put through a gastro tube.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

chocolate is addictive.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
This is Main Street. This used to be the place where you came to socialize, shop and do pretty much anything.

now it's abandoned. The company sent all the jobs to China and Mexico because it was cheaper. I guess that's the American way.

People hardly notice Main Street anymore. I wonder if anyone even cares. I drive by and see Dickensian orphans with dirt on their faces. I guess they've been abandoned too.

Nobody listens to me. my screeds are on a long list of things people just don't care about. I haven't been oppressed. I haven't been silenced. I'm the victim of a much greater injustice. I've been ignored.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

DeeplyConcerned posted:

This is Main Street. This used to be the place where you came to socialize, shop and do pretty much anything.

now it's abandoned. The company sent all the jobs to China and Mexico because it was cheaper. I guess that's the American way.

People hardly notice Main Street anymore. I wonder if anyone even cares. I drive by and see Dickensian orphans with dirt on their faces. I guess they've been abandoned too.

Nobody listens to me. my screeds are on a long list of things people just don't care about. I haven't been oppressed. I haven't been silenced. I'm the victim of a much greater injustice. I've been ignored.

I mean fair play, if they actually took the shops out of your street and left nothing there, they're at least sending a message.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

By popular demand posted:

The “steak” egg and cheese bagel at the Dirty Mac is a stealth breakfast hamburger.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I can't get a planning permit for my mausoleum

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Some rear end in a top hat locked the randomwaffle thread

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

RoastBeef posted:

Some rear end in a top hat locked the randomwaffle thread

It’s being rebooted, it’ll be back.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My wife’s in the bathroom and I need to poop

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

i never get laid in my sex dreams

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I keep failing in video games, this is obviously planned with malicious forethought by the developers.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Got kicked out of dentistry school for "unorthodoxy"

Incremus
Aug 7, 2003

Oh no, I'm so sorry, it's the Moops.

A wasp stung me on my head when I was out for a bike ride. It was my birthday

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Icochet posted:

Dentistry is about feel, you know? It's more about the teeth that you don't fix than the ones you do.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Icochet posted:

Same reason I'm not an undertaker today.

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
Got kicked out of dentistry school for "unorthodonty"

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

The Hello Machine posted:

Got kicked out of dentistry school for "unorthodonty"

:pusheen:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Was at an MLB game as a young lad and opened up a box of Cracker Jacks and there was no toy surprise. I looked and looked.
A bit of innocence died that day.