Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
In as FreakazoidX

Never played this before, kind of wanted to over the years, figured the sudden goon interest might spur something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
As the resident newbie, I have to say the free to play rules suck. Primarily it's the lack of transparency, you don't really know what it means to have your stats/skills limited to 20 until you run into the restrictions while playing.

Some of these restrictions are really stupid, too. You can't gently caress around with cobblestone roads, yet you can make them yourself. You can't knock down your own house walls. You can't operate a large cart. Just really dumb poo poo.

But I am enjoying cutting down trees other players planted juuust outside their claim.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
It's funny how a little bit of cattle rustlin' and clearcut logging can change my opinion of the game.

The complaints to the managers by the neighborhood karens is a reward with no earthly price.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Despite his whining to the manager, nobligan can be a nice guy sometimes.

Those oak trees on his perimeter fit well in our palisade walls :smug:

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Took a picture of our compound once a month since about late feb: