Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Lager posted:

I can say with conviction that Wurm is weirdly wonderful. I remember playing even before Bearback Mountain, back when we had a series of tropical island settlements. The first one I remember joining was Bearhamas, or maybe Bearbados.

So many bizarre memories of this game, like when we spent a night singing showtunes at some rando who was mad at us. Or when we convinced the pubbies that we were a hive mind Russian bot colony. It's one of those moldy old games where the playerbase takes it extremely seriously and are really fun to mess with as a result, and sometimes get irrationally angry with you for just doing your own thing.

I spent some good years playing this game, I remember all the names in the screenshots. The (mostly european) playerbase hated us even though we consistently built the most impressive features. Bearback Mountain road (Curtains Memorial Highway [named by me]) became the central road of the entire map, and we were forced to halt construction on it because some dickhead with a shitshack plot refused to move his house even though we offered nicely to move his entire base by hand. His claim blocked the only semblance of public infrastructure on the server and rotted over time, becoming overgrown with thorns planted by our resident botulist Sparr. I never saw him log in.

Now I understand why wars are fought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Freakazoid_ posted:

The complaints to the managers by the neighborhood karens is a reward with no earthly price.

Wurm. Wurm never changes.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Jacada posted:

The joys of Wurm!

The problem with Wurm pubbies is they never comprimise, they just whine to admin. They could easily plant a bunch of sprouts and chances are the trees would be fully grown in a couple weeks because chopping sprouts or small trees is not usually done.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Keep posting pictures imho the best part of the game is seeing the progress

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Freakazoid_ posted:

Took a picture of our compound once a month since about late feb:

Ohhh yeah that's the poo poo right there. Can't believe there's not been another game to capture the feeling of cooperative building in a living world since Wurm started almost 20 years ago. Minecraft obviously comes close and is cut from the same cloth, but I'm not aware of anything else that is a similar large-scale semi-realistic medieval-age co-op building/survival game.