Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
lol

https://twitter.com/secondtierpod/status/1757829892018717098

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Roy's been taken ill and sacked (or something). Not a great look for palace.

Glasner taking over.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Come on Roy, don't be too sick

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/CPFC/status/1758171716671471980

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Woy is daring Palace to fire a man while he's ill.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

strategy: sign all of the other teams' directors of football and make them into the directoroffootballzord

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Roll them all up into a katamari ball

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Katamarichester United

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The King of All Cantonas

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Sports journalism is such garbage. “Highly rated”? Who the hell is rating Southampton’s director of football? Who even has an opinion about him?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Get a load of this guy who doesn't have the 2024 Topps Sporting Directors Album. Got a stack of Monchis and willing to swap for Jorg Schmadtke or Dougie Freedman. Do NOT pm me with troll offers of Victor Orta or you will be permabanned

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
"surely if we hire all the directors of football, we'll win by virtue of no one else having a director of football"

can't wait for it to turn into old trafford game of thrones, fred the red has such terrible sights to see ahead of him

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vegetable posted:

Sports journalism is such garbage. “Highly rated”? Who the hell is rating Southampton’s director of football? Who even has an opinion about him?

Have you seen his stats in FM???? (I haven't)

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Vegetable posted:

Southampton fans probably.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Im trying to work out if all this movement of backroom staff is unusual, or if it's just a normal thing to happen when a large club gets new ownership but it's getting a lot of reporting for some reason.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Its something you're going to see more and more of as clubs move towards a model of having a DoF/Sporting Director/whatever. Theres definitely been a lot written about Michael Edwards and his replacements at Liverpool (admittedly mostly in The Athletic).

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
People having opinions about and sometimes admiration for professionals in their field, is that allowed???????

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Gorn Myson posted:

Its something you're going to see more and more of as clubs move towards a model of having a DoF/Sporting Director/whatever. Theres definitely been a lot written about Michael Edwards and his replacements at Liverpool (admittedly mostly in The Athletic).

Generally, I think all aspects of a soccer club involve way too much time, work and energy for owners to go with an old school manager approach. For every Wenger or Ferguson, there are countless stories of having too much dependent on the well-being and competence of a single man leading to disaster.

I'm more surprised this transitions hasn't happened sooner in England.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
ominous

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1758504804245000328?t=cJE2bv_IiBlOqKgEOqKxCA&s=19

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

That's been Pep's MO in City, just constant praise the other manager/team. Try to put pressure on them.

Poch sure looks like a idiot being 10th with a world classs team.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

The Uefaball logo on his head reminding me of the photo of that West Ham bubble bursting on Ten Hag's head. Balds everywhere.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Eric Cantonese posted:

Generally, I think all aspects of a soccer club involve way too much time, work and energy for owners to go with an old school manager approach. For every Wenger or Ferguson, there are countless stories of having too much dependent on the well-being and competence of a single man leading to disaster.

I'm more surprised this transitions hasn't happened sooner in England.

also remember that Ferguson just inverted the model, where he'd hand off all of the day-to-day responsibility for overseeing the physio or the scouting (and often, the training) to Carlos Queiroz or Mike Phelan or whoever, and then just pick a team and explain that Tottenham are bad

that still doesn't explain how we can sign City's DOF, Newcastle's DOF, and Southampton's DOF, and then have them all coexist, though, unless we're going to send them out like pokemon

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

He’s going to put them all in a room and whoever survives gets the role

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
They’re gonna group together like Apprentice candidates and rename themselves Apollo, spend £500m on talent that their Endeavour equivalents negotiated for £3m, and then Lord Sugar will pull a face. Somehow Karren Brady is involved.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

FullLeatherJacket posted:

also remember that Ferguson just inverted the model, where he'd hand off all of the day-to-day responsibility for overseeing the physio or the scouting (and often, the training) to Carlos Queiroz or Mike Phelan or whoever, and then just pick a team and explain that Tottenham are bad

that still doesn't explain how we can sign City's DOF, Newcastle's DOF, and Southampton's DOF, and then have them all coexist, though, unless we're going to send them out like pokemon

It's going to be more like palworld. You are going to butcher them and use the harvest to build a new trolley for the dinner lady.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

probably still safer than the chicken

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Watching yesterday's West Ham game and Areola seems like a decent enough keeper able to make good reaction saves but he just has a poo poo defence in front of him

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Aguerd makes an absurd amount of mistakes and Zouma literally can't sprint anymore

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
https://twitter.com/CPFC/status/1759629062115385581

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Welcome to Crystal Palace, more weathered looking Jesse Marsch

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
5 points off relegation and your best players are all injured, best of luck to the Glas Man

e: glas man can be pronounced like Mr.rear end's entrance music or Carole King's 'Jazzman'. Lift me, won't you lift me/above the bottom 3. The chants write themselves

the sex ghost fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Feb 19, 2024

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Glasner scans better with Casbah and ‘top with Glasner’ can be the chant for Palace fans in the Championship next season

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Moshiri don't like it, do do do do, top with Glasner, top with Glasner

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I can't wait to see how this fails

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1759880583130362140

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Solid gold phone at the amex that connects directly to Todd Boehlys office

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I don't know what you mean, it's the tried-and-tested system of Brighton staff moving to Chelsea and it's been nothing but productive in the recent past

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Sam Jewell is the reason why Brighton got Caicedo (when Man Utd gave up) as he has a lot of experience and contacts negotiating with South American agents.

Quite a big loss for Brighton as they have been quite good in that market but can't wait to see how this guy spectacularly fails at Chelsea.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Nine months of paid leave is pretty sweet, good for him

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

He’s got enough time to move to Brazil, watch nearly the entire Brazilian league season, the Copa Libertadores, come back and have a break.

What a life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Klopp's confirmed what we could all see from the gross replays, Jota is gonna be out for months with that knee injury.