Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
e: wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Definitely replace the guy not in charge of transfers instead of the guys in charge of transfers. They should definitely do that.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Don't know who Amorim's pr agent is but him getting linked to these type of jobs is crazy. From European football, I been more impressed by Proto and Benfica than Sporting.

De Zerbi makes more sense, Brighton have had many key injuries and still in Europe(maybe not for long). Also Chelsea have literally stolen everything else from Brighton so it would be an easy fit for RDZ.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Chelsea are a deeply unserious club if they just want to can Pochettino this quickly.

Also Arsenal +6 more for the goal difference. I know Sheffield United are dire, but we’ve made much heavier work of bad clubs in the past.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The draws with Southampton being an example

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

harperdc posted:

Chelsea are a deeply unserious club...

This certainly doesn't need a qualifier

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Butterfly Valley posted:

This certainly doesn't need a qualifier

Lol ya it's Chelsea by their standards they have given a lifetime to Poch. This isn't Jose or Conte who has won trophies.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Ulio posted:

Lol ya it's Chelsea by their standards they have given a lifetime to Poch.

…less than a season?

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

quote:

Pochettino’s options in midfield have been limited by injuries to Roméo Lavia, Lesley Ugochukwu and Carney Chukwuemeka, leaving him reliant on Gallagher, Enzo Fernández and Moisés Caicedo.

Woe be Poch, a few academy lads are out injured and he's forced to use £220M of starters and an England international.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
That injury list could’ve killed the lad.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Cart posted:

Woe be Poch, a few academy lads are out injured and he's forced to use £220M of starters and an England international.

Noted "academy lads" transfer fees:

Romeo Lavia - £53m
Lesley Ugochukwu - £23.5m
Carney Chukwuemeka - £20m

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
it's very important to remember that Chelsea sold all their academy graduates to pay for all the expensive incoming transfers that immediately forgot how to kick a ball

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

harperdc posted:

…less than a season?

Exactly.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

vyelkin posted:

it's very important to remember that Chelsea sold all their academy graduates to pay for all the expensive incoming transfers that immediately forgot how to kick a ball

I am quite glad Arsenal didn’t pay all the money for Mudryk and Caicedo.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Not convinced at this point that they're buying bad players, they seem to make everybody bad.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

The funniest part to me is referring to Poch as "former Southampton manager". Pretty sure he's had some work since then. Does Jacob Steinberg have beef with Spurs & PSG?

Wouldn't hold it against him, though.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
maybe it's the same wya people call harry kane a former leyton orient striker

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Shroud posted:

The funniest part to me is referring to Poch as "former Southampton manager". Pretty sure he's had some work since then. Does Jacob Steinberg have beef with Spurs & PSG?

Wouldn't hold it against him, though.

I noticed that too, but it’s likely just the writer doesn’t want to repeat an epithet in an article, he does get called a former Tottenham manager the previous paragraph.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

vyelkin posted:

Pure accounting profit for FPP rules, you’ll never sing that

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

qirex posted:

I am quite glad Arsenal didn’t pay all the money for Mudryk and Caicedo.

Somewhere Edu pauses, smiles quietly to himself, and turns over the steaks on the barbecue.

Less jokey: Chelsea have gone through a ton of managers since the Abramovich era started, and they did splash money on players, but this many flaming out so regularly is a bit of a new trend. The point that there’s no adults in the room/on the pitch is also a good one.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

i was glad when mudryk and caicedo fell through. imo they wouldn’t have flopped at arsenal but the amounts agreed were insane. just a pair of pepes waiting to happen.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Has there been any major update on Saka and the Martinelli injuries?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

fyallm posted:

Has there been any major update on Saka and the Martinelli injuries?

“Bukayo was feeling sick and he wasn’t feeling right. So we decided to take him off and bring Fabio in. And with Gabi, it’s just a cut. So he had a tackle and he had a slight cut. And we have to see how he is.”

That’s at least the post-game quotes.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

When you're right you're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
It's March