Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
I've done Angel, Azata, Trickster and most of Aeon to date. Since you're after fun new dialogues and unique stuff,

Class: Bard.
Race: Kitsune
Deity: Desna
Name: Elpiers Choyce

I was considering Half-Orc over Kitsune, my first ever D&D 3.0 character was a half-orc Bard, but happy to go with the consensus. There's some powerful shenanigans you can get up to with the shapechanging foxfolk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

CommissarMega posted:

That might be a little difficult, considering Tian Xia is a landmass on the planet of Golarion :v:

Golarion’s Not!Europe, where this campaign is largely set, is Avistan. To the south of the Not!Mediterranean Inner Sea is Not!Africa, Garund. To the east is Not!Asia in the form of Casmaron, which isn’t directly connected to Tian Xia. Avistan is, via the Crown of the World, an arctic continent. (At least, I presume there are bears.)

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

CommissarMega posted:

I wouldn't say Avistan as a whole is 'arctic' per se

Didn’t say it was, that was in reference to the Crown of the World.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Slaan posted:

But where is Perfidious Albion in this setting. Surely there is a Perfidious Not!Albion

Taldor has elements of it, though they’re also Not!Rome. Huge empire back in the day, expeditionary armies, has since decolonized and is a shadow of its former glories, still a monarchy. Galt is a better Not!France, specifically revolutionary France, all guillotines and The Terror. Absalom is another potential, in that it’s an island with a London-scale city on it.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

SettingSun posted:

Camellia rules, and future fascist character also rules. No notes.

I've given Camellia a chance from beginning to end, and whilst she's useful, I'd fall short of saying she rules. As for the other character, definitely rules.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Cythereal posted:

There's a lot of oddities where people stick around in mythic paths you wouldn't think they would.

Camellia, for example, runs off the instant you commit to the Aeon path because Miss ALL WILL BE KNOWN, ALL WILL BE JUDGED understandably makes her think that she'll be found and caught.

But... she doesn't react that way to I AM THE SWORD OF HEAVEN COME TO CLEANSE THIS CORRUPTED LAND! or the like.

Fooling holy types is her bread and butter.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
I'm a little too fond of Dragon Discipling everyone.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
I’m intrigued as to why you put ‘no’ for Nenio’s fixability.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
That’s reasonable.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Killed her when it made sense in my Angel run, let her live in my Maximum Redemption Azata run.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Kanthulhu posted:

It would be nice if you could make a character focused on cooking by picking the right culinary feats and skills, so you could defeat the demon lords by cooking food so good you become too powerful for them.

You pretty much can. Late game recipes are no joke, and one of the DLCs gives you essentially unlimited purchasable ingredients for even the rarest.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

RelentlessImp posted:

Imagine the horror of this - waking up after the test, with zero memory of what the gently caress just happened over the last three days with a blinding hangover... made worse by being able to see and hear everything out to Divine Rank miles and not knowing how to shut it out yet.

"I swear to drunk, I am not God."

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
You can also return it later.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Capfalcon posted:

It's just a linear fighter/quadratic wizard joke.

It's a slightly tweaked quote from the Datalinks.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
I'd argue there are a couple supporting cast romances in Chapter four, particularly on the path we're on.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

RelentlessImp posted:

Man the Order of the Godclaw really gets no love.

That’s syncretist heretics for you.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
A spiky little zealot to complete our trio of evil early companions. He's good at sounding reasonable, and puts aside his horrible, horrible convictions to stand alongside those diametrically opposed to him and his worldview in the name of beating a common enemy. Usable.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

quote:

There's no getting cute with it, either, all the loot is gone after you kill the queen.

There is a way to get cute with it:

The crusade damage triggers on the loot windows closing or being emptied. So, you can open the loot window, take all but the one cheapest bit of vendor chaff, quicksave, and quickload. A loaded game doesn’t start with loot windows open, but the loot window was never closed so the trigger never occurs.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
You can get him to change his wares through dialogue, he has about four different evolving shop selections.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Did you get the triceratops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
We're missing a Dwarf from the Crimson Path. Jorah is no cultist, for all his sibling loyalty to one.