Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Cythereal posted:

Bard will be interesting if it keeps its lead. I've never built or used a bard in Wrath before.

Then by all means let me add to that lead:

Class: Bard
Race: Kitsune
Deity: Desna
Name: LPer's Choice

Having played an Azata bard before (though I got distracted away before finishing the playthrough), it really works well thematically, and the class isn't bad at all either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Cythereal posted:

For what it's worth, I don't believe daemons appear at all in this game. Devils play a very small role - their mortal worshipers play a larger role, but actual devils are vanishingly rare in this game - but the NE daemons I don't believe are ever seen beyond loading screen info.

Yeah, think Kingmaker had some daemon cultists I recall (one of Pathfinder's ideas was to make the daemon equivalent of demon lords and archdevils the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, these guys served Charon AKA Death if memory serves), but not this game. I did kind of like Pathfinder differentiating the various fiends a lot more than by alignment only like D&D does. Demons are all basically expressions of various sins for instance and formed from the appropriate souls; the fire throwing brimoraks we've seen are from arsonists for example, succubi are pretty obviously expressions of lust, and so on. Actually resisting their sin tends to actually screw them up; showing self control in the face of a succubi's temptation makes them literally take damage, and brimoraks don't like getting soaked or even worse fully immersed in water. Don't know that Wrath goes into that detail though, sadly.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

achtungnight posted:

Nurah really should have been a party member IMO. She's more of a presence in the Wrath Adventure Path as one of six recurring NPCs. Sosiel, Irabeth, Annevia, Aravashniel, and Horgus are the others. Maybe Owlcat thought she'd be too similar to the prominent Halfling Bard in Kingmaker.

I thought she was specifically supposed to be reminiscent of Lindi in Kingmaker actually. I'm pretty sure why she's not a party member, but of course can't really go into it until we learn more about her later.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Regil isn't a character I LIKE but he does share the trait with the other Hellknights of at least being interesting. They're all bastards but it's in a lot more complicated way than just being the typical RPG open psychos (i.e. they have an actual belief system they will make personal sacrifices to uphold rather than being nihilistic scum). And they're just useful and trustworthy enough to justify good characters working with them rather than going blades out every time (while still leaving that an option, especially with the more nasty orders). The nuance makes them worth having around even if they're wrong.

RelentlessImp posted:

I like how Golarion's lore goes out of its way to say "They're not Evil, they're unconcerned with morality!" and then makes things like the Order of the Coil which was a cluster of Hellknights intent on preserving the culture of colonizers against "native corruption" and then have the major orders being strike-breaking union-busters, anti-religious zealots, enforcing slavery and rigid social structure, and literal gestapo.

And yet they also have orders dedicated to finding kidnapping victims or rooting out corruption in leadership (who are even going so far as to start sniffing around the evil queen working with Hell despite her working with the Hellknights in general). Like I said, at least interesting even if the logical read of them is in the end "cool motives, still villains".