Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Alchemist
Gnome (Pyro)
LPers Choice
LPers Choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Class: Crossblooded Sorcerer (Black Dragon)
Race: Aasimar
Deity: Desna
Name: Katarina Turan

Like mothers, like daughter.

I'll swap to this one as well.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Cythereal posted:

Let the record show that I hate you all for the mess this has made of my bookkeeping for the votes.

This is just us replicating the real dnd/pathfinder character creation experience for you.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Cythereal posted:

Just in case anyone missed it, I was being sarcastic with that remark. :v:

:v: thus why I was being snarky with my reply

The new idea is just a lot better than my original arsonist gnome plot.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

But remember d20 is itself silly and with the right build you can do silly and lethal things with a scythe.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

DTurtle posted:

How long is the game in total (by which I mean one normal play through)?

I have never played, but since this is a full scale d20 campaign think like a two week shift at work to finish it.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

achtungnight posted:

I’ve been wanting a completed screenshot LP of this game for a long time and believe you have the ability to create a good one. You have my support. Variety in update length is fine, everything is great so far. Just keep up the good work. I know the dangers of burnout well.

Best of luck avoiding it and dealing with us once again.

I second that focus on your sanity and quality, you do good lp work

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

My preference on an unwinnable boss fight is that well if you do manage to win it, you get some sort of bonus rewards, a bit of dialogue, and then dunked on per the story's needs. The extra loot and acknowledgement makes it not feel like you should have just stood there with a finger in the nose.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Torrannor posted:

Gades in Lufia 2 is a great example of this.

This is exactly the boss I was thinking of, literally one of the games I played as a small child, and it hit just right.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

RelentlessImp posted:

So, fun fact without spoilers: These are used for Something(TM), and what they were used for, when the game came out you could initially miss the shot - or if it didn't miss, sometimes its Special Effect(TM) could fail to activate - and you only get so many shots. Patch 1.0.5g, then Patch 1.0.9c addressed the scripted effect so it always fired, and then update 2.0.7k finally made it so it couldn't miss. (Don't look up these patch notes if you want to remain unspoilered.) These patches came in at 20 days, 43 days, and 518 days after the Full Release, respectively - though, granted, the last one took so long to nail down because the failures only happened due to specific positionings, and those bugs are a bitch to nail down.

Look i've never played, but it's probably there for shooting Deskari in their big dumb demon face. I can guess this because of you know, shooting Deskari in the big dumb demon face before.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

biosterous posted:

"These are used for Something(TM)" means something in the future

so yeah don't look up the patch notes because spoilers

Let me rephrase, It is for shooting Deskari in the big dumb face AGAIN I assume you can just treat the demon lord like Smaug and shoot em up instead of actually fighting them by collecting a bunch of bonus bolts or something.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Rorahusky posted:

It does kind of say something for the incompetence of the demonic forces that they have the advantage of Infinite Troops and a colossal, worldrending gate to their home plane they can just walk through at any time, and they still have not been able to overrun the Crusaders entirely.

And yes, if this had been the Hells instead of the Abyss the Worldwound lead to, the entire planet would be properly hosed because Devils have their poo poo together and know how to wage proper military campaigns, where as Demons think the ideal strategy to every problem is either setting fire to everything or splattering yourself with the gore of your enemies until you run out of gore to splatter.

As stated above in regard to the Hells.

1. Thats illegal and they are lawful

2. That would prompt a quite legal counter invasion in response

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

For the noble rear end in a top hat, it's not like owlcat has not had more than enough time to go back and edit that scene or remove it. They should be called out for lovely sexual abusive writing, especially in these times when fixing things like that is...fairly simple.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Letting players craft weapons can help, or if you do have a shape shifting weapon in the game, make it upgradable so it can do end game content at the end.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Poil posted:

The advantage of crafting, or at least weapon enchanting, is that it "solves" the issue of you accidentally specializing in the wrong type of weapon that won't show up much or at all during the game.

I'm good with crafting in games built around it, but often it is a distraction from the other games. However, in a DnD system where you can specialize in a smorgasbord of weapons, weapon crafting is essential so players can indulge that choice. It can be a one time quest or even series of quests that lets you get to the end game level in your spiked chain or three section staff or whatever, but if you give players the option to pick their choice of weapons to not just use, but to lock themselves into for bonuses, those weapons need to be competive.

Armor and accessories not so much because those are much more limited and should be lootable through the game.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Cythereal posted:

I'd rather just be able to commission generic weapons through a smith or merchant up to an extent. Just pay gold to have a weapon made to order.

A big part of why I despise crafting systems in RPGs is because it inevitably clogs up your inventory and loot nodes with crap, which rarely sells for any worthwhile amount and often weighs a ton, so you're either constantly loaded down with useless garbage or consciously leaving half the lootable items you find because they're not worth it.

And/or you end up spending huge amounts of time scouring the map for enough bear asses, spleens, and kidneys to craft the doohickey you want.

If you just want the customizable weapon, just cut out the middleman and let me, say, talk to Horgus Gwerm and tell him hey if your trade contacts find a mithril rapier of mimic slaying, give me a shout and I'll pay a premium for it.

This also works, basically any method to get a weapon that fits your specialization

Customizable weapon (like talking sword but it needs to stay viable to the end), pay a premium for a weapon on delivery, hire someone to make one, make your own, etc.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Okay but what's the small print on the snacks? If you eat one you get indentured for 10000 years or do they just make you enjoy other foods less?

Also as much as we talk about devils being more organized, I'd say you could make an argument devils could also gently caress up like demons here besides "it's a videogame" cause Lawful Evil is still evil.

It's just instead of incompetence and disorganization, I think it would involve lots of malicious compliance, secret deals to backstab your way up, maybe even contracting with the crusaders in the hopes of getting future gains and a lot of subcontracting and oops suddenly the Grey Garrison has low to none security cause the devil in charge got another one to do his job for him but that one was planning a betrayal and understaffed the thing and a third one made a deal to tell about a back door in exchange for some souls. Also devils probably don't react well to chaotic poo poo like "we sing you to sleep and bust down the walls Kool-Aid style"*

*Disclaimer: I know little about Pathfinder setting besides Owlcat games so I might be wrong and I was putting it in the context of an invasion rather than the canon "yeah we run a country in the mortal plane"

The small print on the snacks is that they are not very good quality. The devil saves the good stuff for the paying customers.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

+4 to all stats is 24 more stat points effectively, that is an absolutely insane number.

It is also effectively a 10% boost to your rolls from baseline, thats a fantastic bonus to have for let me check... literally every roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

BisbyWorl posted:

So is there a specific response here if you're on Aeon?

For all we know this might be cosmically kosher, might not be good for any mortals involved but could be entirely legal cosmically.