Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Class: Crossblooded Sorcerer (Black Dragon)
Race: Aasimar
Deity: Desna
Name: Katarina Turan

Like mothers, like daughter.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Let the record show that I hate you all for the mess this has made of my bookkeeping for the votes.
Sorry not sorry for liking your story.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

One's Fifth Crusade is another's Worldwound Tour.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Less rock music, more throat singing.
Why not both?

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Low-chance, high-impact weapons like scythes, wild magic surges and instant death procs are far stronger in the hands of the enemies than the party. A player character's quad damage crit or a dismemberment proc is wasted if it hits a random minion who would probably die to a regular attack, and there are always more enemies where they came from. Conversely, all enemy attacks are aimed at someone who matters, and they only need to land one telling blow to ruin the party's day.

Deskari followers being a swarm of scythe-wielding goons is more than just an aesthetical statement; it is a brutally effective Hero Killing strategy.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Torrannor posted:

I always struggle with assigning morality in some of these fantasy settings.
My preferred interpretation of D&D/Pathfinder alignment is "Good/Evil is how you treat those weaker than you; Law/Chaos is how you treat those stronger than you".

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

My very first character in Wrath was a tiefling Espionage Expert, and I got so unnerved by Hurlun's questioning that I rerolled within the first 2 minutes.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

"I today went out and hired me a base fellow."
- Entry in the journal of Francis Walsingham, spymaster to Queen Elizabeth I.

Wenduag is the kind of person Walsingham likely had in mind, and the kind of character that I almost always feel comfortable recruiting into an Evil party: a violent underling who is psychopathic enough to enjoy dirty work, but not so far gone as to prioritize that enjoyment over following my orders; an opportunist, but not a schemer; someone who is content to be the second mate of the crew as long as she gets to lead the boarding parties; "I can fix her but she works just fine as she is". See also: Jack from ME2, Kaliyo from SWTOR, etc.

Also, given her BDSM submissive deal, I am actually reassured by her openly stated willingness to switch sides, and see it as a hosed-up but honest way to signal consent and boundaries. If she went all "your choices are my choices, your will is my will", it would have been a far bigger red flag for me.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

The unwinnable "fight" against Deskari was done just right. 10/10 would behold again.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

You do not, under any circumstances, gotta hand it to Blizzard, but the Nightborne are one of the better Drow variants.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Hmmm. Yua will qualify for Dragon Disciple in a couple more levels. Could possibly show how prestige classes work for those unfamiliar, as though Yua isn't special enough already. :v:
If you wanted to show off a special heroine with draconic heritage, you could've just let the initial vote run for a couple more days. ;)

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I like how the option to attack Hurlun goes from [Evil] to [Chaotic] to [Good] the longer you talk with him.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

For all his other faults, Daeren passes the "how does this character react to Ember?" test with flying colors.

achtungnight posted:

Thx for letting me know about the Aeon technicality on Hulrun. I want to do a True Aeon run at some point and it’s good to know I don’t have to side with Hulrun for that.
Speaking of Hulrun and hidden dialogue options, worshippers of Gyronna get a particularly inspired one to deal with him.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Mar 5, 2024

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

If I ever made a Nenio mod, its only effect would be to add a sonic screwdriver to her inventory.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

e: nevermind

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 15, 2024

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Mr. Baps posted:

Also, for some reason they're allowed to take the Crane Style line of defensive feats. The idea of teaching your horse kung fu is endlessly amusing to me.
Humanoids learned it from animal companions in the first place, hence the name.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Minahgo is just trying to finish all her subquests before proceeding to the next plot chapter.

Cythereal posted:

He does not! Whenever NPCs kill enemies with the party around, you share the xp.
That said, you don't get to the xp for Thieflings disarming the traps, and on higher difficulties it can make a difference between getting an extra level or not, so if you can nail that DC 35 Trickery check by yourself, it can be advantageous to recruit a different group in their stead.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

"It's a legal system, not a justice system."

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Cythereal posted:

something something heavenly body
Galfrey says, if you try, you can bugger the sky
Or a star-constellation as it passes by
You can bugger an Angel (unless they would fall)
But Miss Nenio can never be buggered at all.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

idonotlikepeas posted:

RPGs can sometimes break out of this because of the concept of roleplaying itself; the desire to be a person other than the one you actually are. In real life, almost everyone would be friends with Seelah. But maybe while playing the game, you want to pretend to be the worst sort of person imaginable. Just an irredeemable, worthless, unpleasant, nasty degenerate. You know, the sort of person that wouldn't be friends with Seelah. In that case, the game giving you some kind of content for not being her friend is validating your choice to play a character that's pond scum, and having reactivity to that is going to be valuable to the people who choose to play that way.
In real life I'd miss out on most of the opportunities to bond with Seelah, on the account of abstaining from alcohol, loud carousing, organized religion and military service.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 8, 2024

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Yup. At any point you can kill Kaylessa for a pittance of xp and the game calls you an rear end in a top hat for killing her.
I almost always kill her at the first opportunity because she drops a Composite Bow +3 and that's a massive upgrade at that point.

As a bonus, it means that I don't have to keep doing the quest line.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Regill is probably my least favorite Evil party member among all we've seen so far.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Camelia and Daelan both need the macroculture of civil society and its norms. Their respective modi operandi hinge on transgressing against said norms, whether secretly or openly. They know that what they are doing is wrong and revel in getting away with it. Neither of them want their behavior to become the universal law. Their behavior is driven by their uniquely personal combinations of disorders, traumas, compulsions, and bad choices. They are minor threats, a danger only to their direct victims, and their evil shall die with them.

Regill, on other hand, stands in opposition to the macroculture and wants to subvert and replace it in accordance with his faction's vision. In Regill's eyes, the Hellknights' actions are correct and necessary; it is the rest of the world that is wrong, and must be made to conform. He is a product of the ideological machine that is designed to mass-produce people like him and eradicate or subjugate everyone else. He is a part of a large existential threat, a temporary ally against a different existential threat, and if he dies, another blackplate will take his place.

He is different, yes, but that difference does not make me like him. Rather the opposite, in fact.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

"They tried and learned that swarms don't work that way" is a fitting epitaph for many in the aforementioned late game path.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

The one time I've paid extra on kickstarter to put my name into game content, the developer later turned out to be a sex pest.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Cythereal posted:

As it is, the big thing that bugs me about this quest, and Daeran in general, is how immaturely everyone acts. Completely leaving aside that 90% of Mendev is portrayed as the fun police, Daeran acts like your garden variety teenage shithead who acts out in the most wildly transgressive ways he can think of to offend people and get a rise out of them.

And every loving time, people oblige him instead of acting like adults and not giving him the reaction and attention he craves.

Christ, I don't intend to ever have kids and I know how to handle bratty teenagers better than that.
My reading of Daeran's behavior (which is probably far more charitable than he deserves) is that underneath his bonvivant exterior, he is a chronically depressed self-hating mess. He goes out of his way to antagonize good, caring and virtuous people - in other words, those who remind him of his mother and his mentor - to push them away and keep their heads safe from the Other. This dubious strategy also ensures that anyone actually attracted by his way of life is at least something of a shithead themselves, if not an outright villain. An entourage of enthusiastic jerks makes for effective ablative armor to absorb the Other's attacks that would otherwise kill random innocents.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Also I find it very funny that Yua booted out Lann from the strike team in favor of running around the battlefield now accompanied by a succubus and not a single NPC has said a word about it so far.
"So, you're in Drezen."
"Allied with a sweet winged ladyfiend."
"And now you're about to claim the Sword of Valor and turn the tide of this war?"
"Nice Staunton any% speedrun, kid."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Invades a city, keeps herself surrounded by a cloud of insects, prioritizes getting the dragon... looks like Yua has learned a lot from Deskari's Kenabres tour.