Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ianvincible
Jan 23, 2004
Finally got my taxes done so I can jump into trivia for serious now! Sounds like we've been doing pretty well so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
went into the dark hours in 2nd and got only 3 questions wrong over the last 6 hours. no matter what happens, we did real good

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

When do we get the results?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Scientastic posted:

When do we get the results?

they're being read off now, top ten being announced as i type

https://twitch.tv/trivia90

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
SECOND PLACE!! Congrats, trivia goons!!!

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
SECOND PLACE HOLY gently caress WE DID IT

HOLY poo poo WHAT A CONTEST

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
trivial fursuit does it again for the first time. 2nd place :eyepop:

KGmeow
Oct 5, 2007

Another amazing year in the books and we finally got to second!

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

The other teams in Top 3 gave us all really nice shoutouts too, everyone is all weepy (me included)

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

THE CURSE IS BROKEN.

EVERYONE WAS VERY LOVELY.

IT WAS A GREAT WEEKEND.

IF YOU'RE READING THIS AND SITTING ON THE FENCE, COME PLAY NEXT YEAR.

Spooder-Mun
Jun 18, 2004

Trivial Fursuit goes number 2!

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Spooder-Mun posted:

Trivial Fursuit goes number 2!

Potential team name next year sighted.

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
Thanks again for all the help from everyone this year!

Along with some team-hosted trivias, I'd like to remind everyone that there's another big trivia in February, run by a college radio station in St Cloud, MN. This is a great way to get warmed up for WWSP's contest, and we've done very well even though we get a much smaller group (for example, I'm on the phones for at least 20 hours each year), getting our first top five finish this year. Make note to check in Discord or IRC around January for more details!

https://www.kvsc.org/trivia/about-trivia-weekend/

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Solumin posted:

SECOND PLACE!! Congrats, trivia goons!!!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Well done everyone, that's a phenomenal result. Just incredible.

Having been in this competition for a few years, the effort and skill shown by the hardcore team is astonishing. I know we all contribute, but I just drop in and do the odd search, it's the organisation behind it that makes it all possible.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Sadly, this was the first year I ever had to miss fully completely, but turns out I was dragging the team down

Looking forward to being there next year

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Not to toot my own horn but music crew really came in strong this year. Only one missed snippet song (that only one team got), snippet mix 3 was solved, with receipts, in 15 minutes, religious bookkeeping got us many points, and the vibes were off the charts.

NO POPCORN THOUGH.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I had a great Trivia this year, because I didn't have to do too much stuff this weekend. I actually helped in the last 5 hours with a big point answer! :feelsgood:

Even if you are not actually "good at trivia" just hanging out, listening to the stream and watching the insanely fast operation of the team and chatting between questions is a good time.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Congrats team. Unfortunately I couldn't join this year

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Are final scores available yet, at least for the top 10 teams?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Leperflesh posted:

I had a great Trivia this year, because I didn't have to do too much stuff this weekend. I actually helped in the last 5 hours with a big point answer! :feelsgood:

Even if you are not actually "good at trivia" just hanging out, listening to the stream and watching the insanely fast operation of the team and chatting between questions is a good time.

This. I wasn't on much this year and every time I had an answer, someone beat me to it - but it's fun just hanging out.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
Thanks everyone for another tremendous experience. Also Hope and Gloria can eat several truckloads of dicks.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

You did and it was great!

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
Here's the full closing ceremony, audio levels get fixed 1min in.

The shoutouts from Fest and DC really meant a lot - lots of love between the teams and it's fantastic to be a part of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u72BQF7iyqw

H2SO4 fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 15, 2024

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006
Not to be confused with endash or minus.
this trivia was a blast! great job everybody and thanks for making this team so much fun to be on

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Fantastically fun year this year.

I'll help with phones for KVSC next year, Drunk_Badger!

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme
Congratulations on second place!

I have no idea how so many of you are able to find answers to most of those questions in under 4 minutes, I'm impressed! Bravo to the music crew for all their note keeping and encyclopedic knowledge of 3 second sound bites.

I enjoyed watching the twitch live cast of the radio and hanging out in the chat. :)

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost

TrixRabbi posted:

Are final scores available yet, at least for the top 10 teams?

The final scores have been posted at http://www.90fmtrivia.org/TriviaScores2024/Results/TSK_results.html

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Another great year of trivia. I regret not being able to directly participate a lot this year due to the annual beerfest & corresponding people in from out of town, but we were hanging out listening and watching IRC any time I was home. Glad to have been there for the 500 pointer!!

Our best finish yet hooray trivia goons!!!

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

You guys rule, I'm so glad this team has continued on without my direct participation. The community and enthusiasm built around the contest is heartwarming. :glomp:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

feld posted:

You guys rule, I'm so glad this team has continued on without my direct participation. The community and enthusiasm built around the contest is heartwarming. :glomp:

Miss you!

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

Yeahhhh, maybe I should block it off on the calendar next year and fly up and play

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

what if we would've won outright if you were here, did you think of that? you jerk

no but seriously if you can play with us next year that would be swell

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

You guys killed it this year. I haven't looked that closely at the scores but I believe we outperformed both Festivus and Dad's in the dark hours at the end of the contest, which is often when we struggle. It just felt like everyone was firing on all cylinders the entire time. First place is attainable!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I’m curious what the 500 point question was since the game is now over

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

wa27 posted:

You guys killed it this year. I haven't looked that closely at the scores but I believe we outperformed both Festivus and Dad's in the dark hours at the end of the contest, which is often when we struggle. It just felt like everyone was firing on all cylinders the entire time. First place is attainable!

we outperformed every single team during the dark hours

GashouseGorilla
Nov 11, 2011

congrats team, I love you all.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

What an awesome placing, congrats to everyone that played! Maybe next year I'll finally make it back to playing. Hopefully ya'll put together a trivia compilation vid like you've done before!

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
I'm so drat proud of us for how well we did this year. Big thanks to everyone who showed up, it was super fun to see many new names this year. Sorry if my onboarding didn't feel sufficient, would love for people who haven't yet to join the chats and give feedback on this.

We got our first 500 pointer which I honestly thought would never happen and it happened in the craziest way possible. Shoutout to Wiferabit, you deserve every cent.

Finally, special shoutout to Phone Crew, we crushed it this year because everyone on it did everything to perfection. It's a delight working with you guys every year and at this point I'm not even worried doing burners or last minute answers because of how well we do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Has there been any talk about switching to Discord in the future? To me it seems like a much more user-friendly experience that folks these days are more used to than IRC -- personally, I feel much more comfortable with its auto-login than risking a typo that spills my password to the entire chat.

e: or is this unworkable for some reason I haven't possibly considered, I admit I am an irregular trivia participator

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 17, 2024