Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I hope and plan to join the irc and mostly not be helpful again this year, it's a good time and my wife is basically tolerant of this indulgence on my part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

wow did you draw that? amazing

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You just order now, then when Norris actually has shirts to ship she'll get your cashola one way or another

I have like five trivia shirts now, you should buy a shirt, it's a safe and rewarding transaction and the shirts are high quality

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I also often wear all of my trivia t-shirts at the same time

dress in layers

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

and free-ball it winnie the pooh style too

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

it's today guys

today

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Scores at the end of hour 4 we are sitting in first place y'all

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I had a great Trivia this year, because I didn't have to do too much stuff this weekend. I actually helped in the last 5 hours with a big point answer! :feelsgood:

Even if you are not actually "good at trivia" just hanging out, listening to the stream and watching the insanely fast operation of the team and chatting between questions is a good time.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

what if we would've won outright if you were here, did you think of that? you jerk

no but seriously if you can play with us next year that would be swell

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

it pretty much comes up every year and every year it's no, we have to stay on IRC because of a lot of detailed reasons that if you want them rawillkill can give them to you but he's probably really tired of running them down over and over lol so yeah just accept this is the way

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

the only discord features I'd kind of like is the ability to vote for a particular proposed answer via react emoticons and the ability to search the history of a channel going back months/years, but we manage without that stuff reasonably well and there's so much poo poo in discord that I don't want cluttering things up during a lightning round question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think during the heat of the question hours most of us regs don't have an easy way to grep the IRC logs, but maybe that's not really needed and maybe one of the tools can do that actually and I just didn't know it

the use case I am thinking of is like, "hey didn't we talk about this movie three years ago, it wasn't the right answer but I feel like we were lolling about it and there was a detail uh, might be the answer this time" kinda thinking where it's very useful in discord to be able to just type that movie name into the search bar and see every previous discussion about it ever

not an extremely important thing to have I just sorta feel like it could be nice