Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Blackajack posted:

Extra Trivia - Feb 16-18

Have you, for some hosed up and inane reason, thought to yourself "54 hours of trivia? Nah, I need more." Well, a few of us have signed up to play in a different contest (with sorta similar rules to the April one). We've only been doing it for a couple of years, but it's a crapton of fun.

Key things about this contest:

• It runs from Friday the 16th at 5 PM (CST) to Sunday at 7 PM. It also breaks for a few hours at night, but they give these homework style projects to do over those. Last year they had us do this crime history matching worksheet, and then do a bunch of weird math.
  • 9 questions per hour, with questions being open for varying amounts of time, and up to 4(!) questions being open at the same time
  • Unlimited guesses for questions, yes we're actually allowed to try again. We've gotten more than a few answers just by spamming the phones...
  • Speed rounds are 18 questions and usually have an audio element to them (e.g. "Who's talking in this 1 second soundbite?")

Come hang out next weekend and play some trivia.

This is an excellent Trivia appetizer and a really fun contest before the other contest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

my cat is norris posted:

sorry for getting hosed out of kvsc, very stressful weekend, missed the chill tunes and fun vibes very much :( did they repeat the mistake of phone bombing a random pizza shop this year

For the speedround audio hour, they had all their carts mixed up and didn't realize it for 3 questions, you could hear the dawning horror when they realized that their audio clips were not corresponding to their official answers. They went to a 2 song break to unfuck their questions, came back and got through it.

But they admitted that they had errors on their questions!!!:siren:

Also 60% of the audio clips for that round were Youtube children's songs about camping, including Blippi.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Fantastically fun year this year.

I'll help with phones for KVSC next year, Drunk_Badger!

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
irc is Thunder Island and Discord is Babysitter Boogie