Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I'm so loving ready for trivia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Has anyone received a probe to announce the trivia thread to the forums?

Otherwise, I volunteer:
Mods are butts and need to punish me for sass, or they're cowards, but also need to mention this thread in the probe or I'm gonna be sad.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

We're being bullied by a snippet, and need help.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

There's still over 24 hours left of Trivia 54!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

EDIT: loving beaten, like Dads Computers do to us every year. :argh:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Discord, when it comes right down to it, is just IRC + Mumble with a bit of video functionality on top.

They even acknowledge this is the settings:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Also, Discord has already begun their enshittification phase in earnest.

This means they're starting to feel that they'll run out of VC money eventually, so they're pushing their subscription service harder - except that''s never worked for anyone else who started with a free service, so like every other VC funded company that runs out of money, they'll either IPO and end up with a capitalist board of directors or they'll sell to a FAANG-like entity who'll gobble up the data and eventually shutter the service for NewDiscord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

the only discord features I'd kind of like is the ability to vote for a particular proposed answer via react emoticons and the ability to search the history of a channel going back months/years, but we manage without that stuff reasonably well and there's so much poo poo in discord that I don't want cluttering things up during a lightning round question
The second can be accomplished quicker with grep'ing IRC logs.