Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yugioh mishima
Oct 22, 2020

redshirt posted:

Dumb question perhaps: Is there an active scene of new classical music? People making it, and people listening to it? Going to concerts?

one of my friends from school is a classical composer. like, that’s his job and he makes a reasonable living from it and he wins awards and poo poo. it’s funny to me because i remember him better as a true kvlt black metal kind of guy

anyway i still sometimes listen to classical myself, my fav kind is old stuff that uses more unconventional tonality like carlo gesualdo (who also famously murdered his wife after finding her in bed with another man) or the ars subtilior, who were some french guys doing super weird poo poo in the 1300s:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0_rH2a-rg6Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU