Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I hosed around with curses for some roguelike projects

it’s kinda of a pita. wrapping most of it in a function to cleanly exit on an exception or something without loving your terminal up is pretty normal I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
also the y, x coordinate convention is stupid

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Silver Alicorn posted:

I learned you can type stty sane ^J to unfuck the terminal

huh TIL

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
curses is one of those libraries that makes you think “oh drat, I could do a whole aesthetic in this. why did computers ever evolve guis?” and then “I want to kill myself” like 5 mins later

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
op make a yospos roguelike

green, natch

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I vaguely remember having to janitor some things so that the same python curses script would work on both linux and windows. I forget what it was but there is something about most windows curses implementations that is very slightly off. I don’t remember what that is now, so you’re welcome for this very useful tip! :cheers:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

op make a yospos roguelike

Jonny 290 posted:

a yospos browser inside of it

the people have spoken, op. they want the pos

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
json derulo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

quote:

This is a very sanitised version of hello world.
code:
barb!!!!!!!!! able folk barb!!!!!! folk barb!!!!!!!!! folk
barb!! folk barb sing!!! teas bait folk barb! cask folk barb cask
barb!!!!!! cask! barb!! cask folk barb! cask sing! barb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cask folk cask barb!! cask teas!!!!! cask teas!!!!!!! cask folk barb
cask folk cask