Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

If you wanted a tree skip the python and just bury a seed, ya silly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

From MY perspective python is a nightmare without virtual environments, and even then you have to worry about pip package dependencies. And then that sucks so we use poetry to create our local venvs and pip reqs. And then docker to actually run anything.

OSs seem to have a habit of needing a specific python version and it's never the one you want.

This is the same for any non compiled scripting language, and I guess same for compiled too to an extent though it's more hardware architecture based?

Don't know if that helps but good luck OP.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Also on windows you can and should be using Linux subsystem. It's actually good

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

At that rate you may be able to do something like this
https://pyinstaller.org/en/stable/

As far as I can tell it bundles up a python version, your code and all the dependencies as a little standalone executable for a target platform.

It should just be 'runnable' with the overhead of a bigger executable size. Never tried it though outside of Deno which is a JS runtime as a standalone

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

I'm a goober and didn't realize curses was a module level c wrapper

"The Windows version of Python doesn’t include the curses module. A ported version called UniCurses is available."

https://pypi.org/project/UniCurses/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

The game in question is spacepos so