Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Forrest on Fire posted:

Randaconda I think

Correct. He'll be out in a few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1783197250950475904

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Welp, Wirfs just got more expensive. Lions are smart getting these deals done because the longer you wait, the more you have to pay.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's so weird watching the Lions be not just a competent team, but an actually good team.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Guessing Rashawn Slater's extension won't be too far behind

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Sewell extended too.

Lions doing work today.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

drat Holmes wilding out today. Must be fun going into work knowing you're about to spend $150mil of the owner's money in one day. And set up a couple young dudes with generational wealth.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

FizFashizzle posted:

Sewell extended too.

Lions doing work today.

Their not done yet.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Great job of holding onto they’re talent

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Amy Pole Her posted:

Great job of holding onto they’re talent

lol

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

It's fun when your you're team makes it rain on good players

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
slightly more fun than when a team you hate overpays a bad one

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

indigi posted:

slightly more fun than when a team you hate overpays a bad one

I would have lost my mind if I was a Titans fan at the fiasco of losing AJ Brown and then overpaying Calvin Ridley

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kiimo posted:

I would have lost my mind if I was a Titans fan at the fiasco of losing AJ Brown and then overpaying Calvin Ridley

Yeah, that move was definitely a gamble.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

wandler20 posted:

Yeah, that move was definitely a gamble.

well the guy who did it was fired already

Mega64
May 23, 2008

kiimo posted:

Thanks for Sneed btw

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I mean it’s the Bengals so no chance they grant that request.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1783247380462100918?s=46

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Tee Higgins also requested a trade

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Hot Diggity! posted:

Tee Higgins also requested a trade

The Bengal's downfall before the draft. oh no.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
"player requests trade from Cincy because they refuse to pay him" seems like it happens more frequently than other franchises

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Why does it feel like Tee Higgins will go for something miniscule on draft morning instead of going for a 2nd like he probably could have commanded last year when the Bengals were shot because of injury.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Woozie66 posted:

"player requests trade from Cincy because they refuse to pay him" seems like it happens more frequently than other franchises
Insert comment about a cash poor owner here.

They probably have all their money earmarked for Burrow2Chase and everything else will suffer. They are going to regress hard this coming year even if Burrow stays healthy (unlikely).

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

BlindSite posted:

Why does it feel like Tee Higgins will go for something miniscule on draft morning instead of going for a 2nd like he probably could have commanded last year when the Bengals were shot because of injury.

Tee Higgins is probably worth a 3rd at most. WR Market is booming and after Sun God got paid, floor is expensive.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Titans are biding their time until Higgins comes home.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Tee Higgins is probably worth a 3rd at most. WR Market is booming and after Sun God got paid, floor is expensive.

Yeah I think he is too, but given the market floor and the premium on picks around draft time we see this a lot.

Guys get traded for higher picks in the regular season than they do on draft day and given its such a stacked class I wouldn't think he gets moved for much tomorrow if at all.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

BlindSite posted:

Yeah I think he is too, but given the market floor and the premium on picks around draft time we see this a lot.

Guys get traded for higher picks in the regular season than they do on draft day and given its such a stacked class I wouldn't think he gets moved for much tomorrow if at all.

Justin Jefferson is gonna get $100mil guaranteed :lol:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Justin Jefferson is gonna get $100mil guaranteed :lol:

Agreed

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

BlindSite posted:

He didn't really play that well last season and was injured quite a bit iirc

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Woozie66 posted:

They did just restructure and extend his deal, he just had a great season last year and wants more money again. Which, I don’t disagree he’s underpaid now but I love him and want him to play well again (for the bengals).

Also did not realize he’s only 29, he looks old as hell.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Play posted:

He didn't really play that well last season and was injured quite a bit iirc

That’s true, besides having the highlight of the year. But I think he’s gunna play for them this year

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Tee was also dealing with Burrow trying and failing to play through an injury and then Jake Browining. Not to make excuses for him but it’s hard for multiple receivers to eat when the QB play isn’t there

He’s obviously not in the top tier but he’s still very good

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

BlindSite posted:

At this point there's not really any reason for the Bengals to trade him if he's not going to hold out. See how far you can get this next season and then just take the comp pick when he walks

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that really stinks the big one for me!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I feel like the Bengals were on the verge of breaking through and winning a Super Bowl and they're gonna gently caress themselves up before they get there.

See: NY, Buffalo

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Nobody breaks through the ironclad chest of Andy Reid

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wonder why trey signed his 1 year extension last year. he thought he could change them.....

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/CoachspeakIndex/status/1783228309830062227

gently caress this guy lol

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

seems like a Tepper hire to me

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Why would you say this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
new guy is spicey