Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
lol panthers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I despise him

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Alaois posted:

I despise him

He has such loving creepster vibes doesn't he?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like canales. He's entertaining and that's the best we can do rn.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

should’ve given him the Subway endorsement

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

lmao, incredible. i mean this is the guy who coerced his poor wife into doing a book tour about how to build a strong marriage in spite of his sex addiction

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Man knows how to score. I like that in an offensive coach.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Imagine choosing a gimmick and it being defending the decisions of David Tepper.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Imagine choosing a gimmick and it being defending the decisions of David Tepper.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1783233712487854178?t=Vsch6MW5Tltbh0WDghIt8A&s=19

3 year 15 million dollars for Rashod Bateman. That's probably a great deal. Rashod Bateman should be a top 25 WR in the league. He's definitely not, but there's really no reason he shouldn't be. Gets open constantly, catches most of the balls that get to his hands, and has good size and speed. He and Lamar are constantly not on the same page. That plus injuries are his story to date. His whole career has been a huge "Huh, that's weird."

I don't think this will work but on paper it really really should.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

*sighs*

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

I have never defended David Tepper. I am defending my gently caress machine weird Christian youth pastor energy head coach and fisher pryce bryce tyvm.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Jesus Christ panthers

The Puppy Bowl posted:

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1783233712487854178?t=Vsch6MW5Tltbh0WDghIt8A&s=19

3 year 15 million dollars for Rashod Bateman. That's probably a great deal. Rashod Bateman should be a top 25 WR in the league. He's definitely not, but there's really no reason he shouldn't be. Gets open constantly, catches most of the balls that get to his hands, and has good size and speed. He and Lamar are constantly not on the same page. That plus injuries are his story to date. His whole career has been a huge "Huh, that's weird."

I keep drafting him in fantasy every year cause I agree he should be good! And then he is not. Seems like a fine deal maybe he is finally both healthy and good for an extended stretch at some point

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Docjowles posted:

Jesus Christ panthers

I keep drafting him in fantasy every year cause I agree he should be good! And then he is not. Seems like a fine deal maybe he is finally both healthy and good for an extended stretch at some point

Ugh same. I get so annoyed at myself every time too. Still the dude does just look the goods on his day.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rashod heap. i dont know

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

FizFashizzle posted:

Feeling like my 2-14-1 prediction for them for next season is optimistic.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

It's definitely a good idea to admit to lying to every dude who might get picked there before they're even on the team, love this for the Panthers, definitely not going to affect your credibility with the guy you actually pick, good job guys

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Docjowles posted:

Jesus Christ panthers

He needs a QB who throws the ball downfield and Lamar is not that guy

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bold of the new HC to do this when his lifespan in the league was already 3 years max, 2 of which weren't gonna be on his current team

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Rogue Elephant posted:

It's definitely a good idea to admit to lying to every dude who might get picked there before they're even on the team, love this for the Panthers, definitely not going to affect your credibility with the guy you actually pick, good job guys

It's almost as if it's just a job interview question. As if we all haven't sat there at a job interview and been told "so when you start what would you..."

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

2nd rounders demanding a trade from Carolina immediately after being drafted is going to become the new normal.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

BlindSite posted:

It's almost as if it's just a job interview question. As if we all haven't sat there at a job interview and been told "so when you start what would you..."

a job interview question is not “we promise to hire you”, my dude

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

it's almost impossible to find an answer to the question of "how often are nfl players getting draft day promises from teams" mostly because nfl writers love to jerk themselves off with synonyms for "potential" at this time of year but it's not exactly uncommon for teams to just lie to players and say they'll take them if available and then just not take them; that's just something teams do and i'm sure some of them even do it 50 times

i don't think it's particularly endearing to lean into that fact for a lil glib bon mot with a reporter, but i don't think it's some particular sickness within the panthers regime or a referendum on the moral state of the carolina football moneymaking endeavor

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

it's almost impossible to find an answer to the question of "how often are nfl players getting draft day promises from teams" mostly because nfl writers love to jerk themselves off with synonyms for "potential" at this time of year but it's not exactly uncommon for teams to just lie to players and say they'll take them if available and then just not take them; that's just something teams do and i'm sure some of them even do it 50 times

i don't think it's particularly endearing to lean into that fact for a lil glib bon mot with a reporter, but i don't think it's some particular sickness within the panthers regime or a referendum on the moral state of the carolina football moneymaking endeavor

Yeah thats every other aspect of David Tepper's ownership regime

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Look at what the Cowboys did to Randy Moss lol

gently caress the Cowboys

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

BlindSite posted:

Ugh same. I get so annoyed at myself every time too. Still the dude does just look the goods on his day.

Establish a steadfast rule to not draft players on your own team unless you want to be me, who made this rule ten years ago and then drafted Sammy Watkins every year because you had the "inside track" on information about him finally being healthy and in the best shape of his life

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Is he the new Sammy Watkins?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

mcmagic posted:

He has such loving creepster vibes doesn't he?

Ridiculous. Name one, just ooooone thing, that would suggest yes a giant creepy rear end in a top hat!!! It can’t be done??

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Woozie66 posted:

Is he the new Sammy Watkins?

if he has a good year this year and then misses like half hte games the year after, then yes

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Sammy's bit was having an amazing game within the first week or 2 of the season and then being terrible and/or hurt for the rest of the year. Like every single year, it was insane

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I think Canales was just trying to cover his rear end once the info came out, trying to make it so they aren't predictable, and doing it in the dumbest way possible.

Legette on the other hand probably let it slip so that some team would draft him before that. More money and doesn't have to play for the Panthers, win win

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Docjowles posted:

Sammy's bit was having an amazing game within the first week or 2 of the season and then being terrible and/or hurt for the rest of the year. Like every single year, it was insane

also recovering just in time to make a play that wins a playoff game or a superbowl

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Watkins was incredible before his foot came off

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah unfortunately it's only his tail that grows back

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Play posted:

I think Canales was just trying to cover his rear end once the info came out, trying to make it so they aren't predictable, and doing it in the dumbest way possible.

Legette on the other hand probably let it slip so that some team would draft him before that. More money and doesn't have to play for the Panthers, win win
Agreed. Legette probably wants to inflate his draft stock however he can so why not throw something like that out there.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This is pretty cool.

https://x.com/FOS/status/1783547576899260692

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Watkins was incredible before his foot came off

He had 1 full season before he started racking up injuries and was also sort of overshadowed by OBJ having an insane first 3 seasons.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

how does all this sand keep getting on here

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yeah really do they just continually vacuum it or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That shits gotta be watered a tonnnnnnn or else it’ll absolutely brown within days