Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

That shits gotta be watered a tonnnnnnn or else it’ll absolutely brown within days

You're thinking old and busted LA. New hotness LA is post drought and it rains every other day now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

kiimo posted:

You're thinking old and busted LA. New hotness LA is post drought and it rains every other day now

we're still in drought conditions!!!! unless Arcadia just plain forgot to take their signs down lol

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

Yeah really do they just continually vacuum it or what.

Sandboni

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

kiimo posted:

Wait really? drat things are looking up!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's El Nino so I'm more joking but we seem to have more seasons lately which is awesome and everything is cleaner now including the air.

Global warming is awful but also great for my personal weather. Crazy snow in the California mountains the last few years. Keep up on those fossil fuels America

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

It's El Nino so I'm more joking but we seem to have more seasons lately which is awesome and everything is cleaner now including the air.

Global warming is awful but also great for my personal weather. Crazy snow in the California mountains the last few years. Keep up on those fossil fuels America

Love Lake Arrowhead/Big Bear in the winter

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

a neat cape posted:

Love Lake Arrowhead/Big Bear in the winter

Yeah I used to have use of a cabin up there, season passes to Snow Valley were only like 250 bucks. It's a neat place and bizarrely close to LA, even though I was coming from Vegas.

This season I had to go to Tahoe, but the snow was excellent this year. Last mission was only two weeks ago and it was still nice and cold and actually snowing quite hard at Sierra.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

kiimo posted:

The next step is Los Angeles hurricane season lol

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Papercut posted:

no thank you, we already have enough flooding.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Alaois posted:

Yeah thats every other aspect of David Tepper's ownership regime

agreed

what's one more dead canary

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Papercut posted:

We already had that step last year

nothing happened though

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

We already had that step last year

nothing happened though

It was windy for a little bit down here

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I remember when the LA hills got snow in February 2023.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

where were you when the sky turned to darkness and god forsook paradise?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Android Apocalypse posted:

I remember when the LA hills got snow in February 2023.

My parents and various aunts/uncles can still vividly recall the time South Florida got snow in January 1977.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

3 DONG HORSE posted:

where were you when the sky turned to darkness and god forsook paradise?

Cross Lake in Aroostook County, Maine circa… 1996(?). Snowed on the 4th of July.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1783643523729780745?s=46

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Pretty Rickey scoops again.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Too expensive, should've traded him imo

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Too expensive, should've traded him imo

It’s not too late to send him to New England for a second! Art of the deal baby

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Very surprised they did that extension with brown considering he will be demanding a trade by week 5 after hurts throws his 16th int of the season.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This was apparently the second time tepper went into the lie guys restaurant to bitch about the sign out front making fun of him

https://x.com/scott_fowler/status/1783840735961489561?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

quote:

“It’s just, you gotta stay in your lane,” Wohlfarth said. “This is not really an attack on anyone or anything. This is me expressing frustration because, believe it or not, I actually lose more of my income when the Panthers lose than he does.”

The restaurant owner said the Panthers’ six straight losing seasons had amounted to “hundreds of thousands of dollars” in lost revenue.

Wohlfarth also said in the interview that Tepper is a “meddling owner.” Wohlfarth said that publicly on the same sign, too, in mid-January, writing: “Meddling owners never win. Run from Jerry Jones.”
That sign prompted a Tepper stop-in as well.

“And he was sorta p----ed off about that one,” Wohlfarth told The Observer of Tepper.
The difference was that no one put that Tepper visit on social media — it apparently came about 2-3 weeks after the drink toss. Someone did on NFL Draft day, and of course it went viral

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Worst owner in the league?

Not that mine is awesome

https://twitter.com/aaronladdtv/status/1783709685217919486

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

kiimo posted:

Who would anyone say is worse? The team has been one of the worst in the NFL since he bought them in 2018, his meddling has destroyed the roster and draft capital, and he's a public embarrassment.

Bidwill maybe, but their short QB can actually play and that team might be watchable.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The people of San Diego and the people of St. Louis might have Opinions

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tepper's Easily the worst owner in the league now

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Tepper quietly pining for Snyder to be around so he looks better by comparison.

It's like the running from the bear joke: you don't need to be the fastest, you just need to not be the slowest.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

ozymandius1024 posted:

Who would anyone say is worse? The team has been one of the worst in the NFL since he bought them in 2018, his meddling has destroyed the roster and draft capital, and he's a public embarrassment.

Bidwill maybe, but their short QB can actually play and that team might be watchable.

gently caress you Spanos

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

yeah there's gotta be some distinction because as bad as tepper's start has been he has not done nearly as much damage to a franchise as quite a few other owners

that said, definitely one of if not the worst outside of football ownership

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Tepper is a whiny piss as baby.

Spanos doesn't give a poo poo about his fan base & would even be the bottom to Kronos (who is also a bastard for moving the team from St. Louis).

Snyder was not above human trafficking.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Android Apocalypse posted:

Tepper is a whiny piss as baby.

Spanos doesn't give a poo poo about his fan base & would even be the bottom to Kronos (who is also a bastard for moving the team from St. Louis).

Snyder was not above human trafficking.

Yeah at least tepper cares but he is a whiney piss baby. Its fun as not a fan of the panthers to see a billionaire have to deal with open contempt from people who dont care about his money/status. Doesn't compare to the trafficking Snyder and rupmaps kraft, or the circle the wagon for Andy's son chiefs owner in terriblness. (Yet/as far as I know)

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://x.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1783868660471279852

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
We have Tepper footage!

https://x.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1783891334723469790

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

kiimo posted:

Not that mine is awesome

https://twitter.com/aaronladdtv/status/1783709685217919486

Lmao good chuckle at that

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I think we'll see a lot more offensive linemen than expected opt for this thing. Maybe RBs. Other positions probably not.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Wait does this mean that players can wear that extra padding over their helmet during games? Or is there something I am missing?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wonder if there will be guardian caps with nfl logo/helmet art pretty soon then

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think we'll see a lot more offensive linemen than expected opt for this thing. Maybe RBs. Other positions probably not.

My gut says it'll go over like neck protection in the NHL after a pro player was killed in the UK this past season. A few players wore it for a few weeks, and now it's pretty much non-existent again.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

so are we on the same page that taking off someone's hat in front of their coworkers in their place of work is pretty disrespectful and hostile?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

tinstaach posted:

My gut says it'll go over like neck protection in the NHL after a pro player was killed in the UK this past season. A few players wore it for a few weeks, and now it's pretty much non-existent again.

It's not even mandatory for any level of USA Hockey yet. My son wears his but it isn't going to be mandatory until Aug. 1st of this year. Anyone under 18 has to wear one then. I bet only 10% of kids wear them now.