Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Play posted:

you got what you asked for, browns. now you're gone choke it down and you're gonna LIKE IT

zay flowers opoy would be like the most wild poo poo that ever happened in history

I'm for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

KEEP DIGGING, ASSHOLES

Actually looking at OTC, next year there are guys that can be cut for cap gain so it will be easier than usual for Mickey to dig the hole deeper.

If you're Mickey do you dig triple hard the year you retire?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Um, no, thats (effectively) a simpsons quote and I was trying to be funny about how they're always this negative and always end up not worrying about it because they fix it.

Nervous posted:

If you're Mickey do you dig triple hard the year you retire?
lol I hope so

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Um, no, thats (effectively) a simpsons quote and I was trying to be funny about how they're always this negative and always end up not worrying about it because they fix it.

They haven't really. They're currently stuck paying a bunch of money to a group of really old players way past their prime.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Saints fans are enjoying the Falcons reaching for Penix ...but they are staring at 18 games of Derek Carr, again

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Pron on VHS posted:

Saints fans are enjoying the Falcons reaching for Penix ...but they are staring at 18 games of Derek Carr, again

It's hard not to focus on Penix

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Twitter insider(s) posting that Tyler Boyd is signing with the Titans. Him going to Brian Callahan’s Slot-needy team is pretty much a layup, but I’m still happy to get him on the Titans since we didn’t get a higher tier WR in the draft.

This offseason is already the most dynamic in the team’s recent history. Maybe ever? They signed the best available WR in Ridley, best available C in Cushenberry, traded for LJ Sneed, and picked up good pieces in Tony Pollard, Kenneth Murray, Chidobe Awuzie, Joseph-Day and more quality pieces.

Bring me Justin Simmons and take me into pre-season, Ran.

I don’t do sports betting, but if I did I would be slamming all my dollars on the Over for the Titans as last I saw it, it was 5.5. I don’t know how successful they’ll be in the first year of a new regime, but good lord this roster is head and shoulders above what we were fielding in the last two years going 7-10 and 6-11.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Pron on VHS posted:

Hey, they could also start a guy like Kellen Mond or even Nathan Peterman!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

For the haters, apparently Nate Tice is leaving the Athletic for an undisclosed job elsewhere in media.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Who is going to win the Sutton sweepstakes? I think he ends up on the Bills.

Nov 6, 2002

boy it sure would be nice if robert kraft spent some of that $50m on players like boyd

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

boy it sure would be nice if robert kraft spent some of that $50m on players like boyd

Too busy securing his hall of fame legacy by telling anyone who will listen that the coach who created that legacy is a dumb hack

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Who is going to win the Sutton sweepstakes? I think he ends up on the Bills.

How much cap space would he be due on the new team? Bills are under right now, but barely, and I don't know if that includes rookie signings. Patriots feel much more likely, they need WR to work with their new QB and they have a fuckton of cap space.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Gully Foyle posted:

How much cap space would he be due on the new team? Bills are under right now, but barely, and I don't know if that includes rookie signings. Patriots feel much more likely, they need WR to work with their new QB and they have a fuckton of cap space.

I'm not sure how it works there tbh but according to Spotrac: In 2024, Sutton will earn a base salary of $13,000,000 and a incentive bonus of $100,000, while carrying a cap hit of $17,395,576 and a dead cap value of $9,650,000.

I just keep seeing rumors that he's disgruntled and wants either a new contract or a trade. Latest rumors say Rams or Steelers are inquiring. I think he's a better fit for the Bills because he could easily be #1 there but no idea how he works in the cap.

It'd be nice to keep him so we have a veteran for Bo but I also get that he wants to win, if any of this poo poo is true.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 2, 2024

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Docjowles posted:

For the haters, apparently Nate Tice is leaving the Athletic for an undisclosed job elsewhere in media.
Addition by subtraction.

It was weird because it seemed like he was half and half for the athletic. He was on the athletic podcasts but he was cut as an athletic writer some time ago and he was instead writing for yahoo or something.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Gully Foyle posted:

The Bills did designate Tre White a post-June 1st cut, so that will free up some cap space in a month.
Still won't have a lot of room though!

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Sutton on the Bills would be so sick

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Sutton is drat good I hope he stays away

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

:) no worries, I was just messing with you

Pron on VHS posted:

wandler20 posted:

Hey, they could also start a guy like Kellen Mond or even Nathan Peterman!

If the Carr breaks down, it's Rattleseason baby

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

Twitter insider(s) posting that Tyler Boyd is signing with the Titans. Him going to Brian Callahan’s Slot-needy team is pretty much a layup, but I’m still happy to get him on the Titans since we didn’t get a higher tier WR in the draft.

This offseason is already the most dynamic in the team’s recent history. Maybe ever? They signed the best available WR in Ridley, best available C in Cushenberry, traded for LJ Sneed, and picked up good pieces in Tony Pollard, Kenneth Murray, Chidobe Awuzie, Joseph-Day and more quality pieces.

Bring me Justin Simmons and take me into pre-season, Ran.

I don’t do sports betting, but if I did I would be slamming all my dollars on the Over for the Titans as last I saw it, it was 5.5. I don’t know how successful they’ll be in the first year of a new regime, but good lord this roster is head and shoulders above what we were fielding in the last two years going 7-10 and 6-11.

believing this is pure kool-aid. I'd put him at like...5 in the free agent class. You sure paid him like one though

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

e: eh, who cares

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I don't know who you would take over Ridley even if I agree he is not a slam dunk WR1. Maybe Mike Williams if he plays 17 games. I assume the Chiefs fan rates Hollywood high but I disagree he's anything amazing. The best free agents all got franchise tagged so no point talking about like Tee Higgins.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-nfl-free-agency-rankings-wide-receivers

They do have Hollywood higher and also I was thinking Diggs but he wasn't a free agent. I still nailed 5 though according to PFF

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Evans, Pittman and Higgins all never really hit free agency cause of extensions or franchise tag but ok

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's not worth arguing though really. I just don't think Ridley was worth that contract which is my only real point.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
12 years today since we lost Seau.

:(

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

When you’re a bad team, you overpay for free agents. That’s part of the process of digging yourself out of the muck. If the Eagles offer someone $10m to play, and the Panthers offer that dude $10m, who’s he signing with?

This “you overpaid” as a dig that people online like so much is nowhere near the own they think it is. Yeah, no poo poo, the Titans are throwing money around. They went 6-11 last year, money is what they have to offer going into 2024. And they have money to spend, so convincing good players to come to the team is worth it.

Are they just supposed to not spend it in your eyes? Is every dollar over whatever spotrac says is market value wasted in their situation?

The post I threw away was basically a snarky “it’s not MY money, why would I give a poo poo,” but it’s true. It’s a billionaire’s money, and the cap goes up every year. Who cares?

As far as the time of the contract, Ridley in particular is worth the years given his lower mileage. Whether or not he earns every penny of every dollar comparatively to what his peers do is beyond my sphere of poo poo Giving.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Soul please don't argue with someone who cites pff have some self respect

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

It’s a lot of money but it looks like Tennessee has 30 mil of cap space after the deal and he is cuttable without too much pain after 2025 so who cares. If he sucks he’s only a cap hog for one year and if he’s good nobody will think twice about the money

Also not sure how I ended up being the Ridley white knight lol. Guess I’m still salty the Pats couldn’t land him

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Metapod posted:

Soul please don't argue with someone who cites pff have some self respect

I’m on my lunch break, we just killing time, baby

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I only use PFF when it supports my preconceived conclusions

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Well yeah, top flight WR's don't hit free agency pretty much ever. Shop in the 2nd tier or bargain bin, but you ain't finding a #1.

2023 -
OBJ 1/$18m
Lazard 4/$44m
Jakobi Meyers & JuJu 3/$33

2022 -
Christian Kirk 4/$72
Allen Robinson 3/$46
MVS & Russell Gage 3/$30

2021 -
Kenny Golladay 4/$72
Nelson Agholor 2/$26
Curtis Samuel 3/$35

Chosen Anderson 2/$20

Tyrell Williams 4/$44
Golden Tate 4/$37
Adam Humphries 4/$36

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Who decided giving Tyrell Williams that contract was a good idea

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

Well yeah, top flight WR's don't hit free agency pretty much ever. Shop in the 2nd tier or bargain bin, but you ain't finding a #1.

2023 -
OBJ 1/$18m
Lazard 4/$44m
Jakobi Meyers & JuJu 3/$33

2022 -
Christian Kirk 4/$72
Allen Robinson 3/$46
MVS & Russell Gage 3/$30

2021 -
Kenny Golladay 4/$72
Nelson Agholor 2/$26
Curtis Samuel 3/$35

Chosen Anderson 2/$20

Tyrell Williams 4/$44
Golden Tate 4/$37
Adam Humphries 4/$36

That Ridley deal starting to look good.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

a neat cape posted:

Who decided giving Tyrell Williams that contract was a good idea

Mike Mayock :v:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I appreciate that Kalli used the preferred name of Chosen

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/LosTalksPats/status/1785795174544896275?t=p7GVE3V13p_SdUmx71ynaA&s=19

fun to watch

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Thanks for reminding me of the existence of Golden Tate

edit: also the "nate wiggins is undersized" takes don't look real valid to me

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Nervous posted:

It's hard not to focus on Penix

When a bare-headed, freshly selected Penix is dangling right in front of your face ... it's hard to blame them

bro Nate Wiggins is gonna be so drat good for them I promise you

Kinda pissed that the Ravens got him tbh, their defense is already too good and they don't need him like [my team(s)]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

2022 -
Allen Robinson 3/$46

I always feel bad for Robinson, spend your entire career in QB hell, put up a few good seasons despite that. Finally get your chance with the Rams but oops, you're already past done.

And then get traded in a 'please, we'll pay you to take him' trade to the Pickett/Trubs/Mason Rudolph Steelers as a possible end to your career. Just to rub it in.