Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

shyduck posted:

https://x.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1787932287138410977

Countdown to the first annual Cowboys game in Riyadh

Jerry is pretty shameless but I think selling a stake might be too far for him

Now David Tepper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/_abbyy_2/status/1787962564061581419

plot thickens

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

What are you even doing in a club on a Monday dude stay tf home

I mean in his situation I'm sure I would be getting up to some ridiculous poo poo too. Although I like to think it wouldn't involve so many assault charges. 23, famous, several million in the bank, 6 months where your only responsibility is staying fit*, hell yeah I will go to the club on Monday.

* and staying the gently caress out of jail, which he seems to have overlooked

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He was allegedly still in the club past midnight which is a little different considering it was cinco de mayo but if he wasn't even in town should be easy to prove

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

kiimo posted:

plot thickens

Hell of a name for a strip club

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
It's possible he was at dinner and then made it to the club, we know how quickly he can drive

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Midnightghoul posted:

It's possible he was at dinner and then made it to the club, we know how quickly he can drive

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Midnightghoul posted:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Midnightghoul posted:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

shyduck posted:

https://x.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1787932287138410977

Countdown to the first annual Cowboys game in Riyadh

I feel like this could be terrible but I am :sickos: wanting to know what would happen.

"Our roster budget is now $20 million because we can make the same amount of money while fielding poo poo since people will lap it up. Also sell 30% of the stadium to MGM for sports betting, just a whole gamebook room."

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Gatts posted:

I feel like this could be terrible but I am :sickos: wanting to know what would happen.

"Our roster budget is now $20 million because we can make the same amount of money while fielding poo poo since people will lap it up. Also sell 30% of the stadium to MGM for sports betting, just a whole gamebook room."

They can’t go full 80s Bucs and try to not pay anyone, the CBA has had a salary floor of like 90% of the cap for the last decade, so they’d have still have to pay some people.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
The NFL is already so perverted by inbred billionaires and shameless gambling/crypto scam promotions that I just can't manage to give a poo poo about private equity ghouls getting in on the action

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Rashee didn't have to do anything to make it in life. He plays well, gets paid $100mil over his entire career, and gets multiple rings. Not hard.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

fartknocker posted:

They can’t go full 80s Bucs and try to not pay anyone, the CBA has had a salary floor of like 90% of the cap for the last decade, so they’d have still have to pay some people.

It's like 90% over a 5 year period or something stupid that gives teams room to gently caress around

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Rashee didn't have to do anything to make it in life. He plays well, gets paid $100mil over his entire career, and gets multiple rings. Not hard.

Apparently he had to try supremely hard not to commit crimes because the floodgates have been unleashed pretty recently

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

just a bad scene to be an NFL player named Ra____ Rice i guess

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

My sources (the internets) tell me rookie camps start for some teams this Friday.

Next week otas then minis.

We almost have some vague tweets about how guys look in shorts!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
can't wait to see who's going to be in the best shape of their life

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Acebuckeye13 posted:

can't wait to see who's going to be in the best shape of their life suffer a season ending leg injury

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Bryan Adams posted:

He's in the best shape of his life 🎶
Oh yeah 🎶
Offensive lineman number 69!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

"Put some time in the weight room"

"Is it just me or has there been more ACL injuries than years past"

"Already earned the respect of the locker room"

"Turning heads"

Give me all the bingo spaces.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Schedule gets announced on May 15th, the latest in the year since 1990.

Why?

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
The amount of intrigue this season is gonna drive hype to the max.

Will CJ Stroud and the Texans ascend to Mahomes contenders?

Will ARich and the Colts bounce back and light it up?

Will the Packers continue their youthful rise?

Will the Lions win it all?

So many more questions. So many more answers needed.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

A Sneaker Broker posted:

The amount of intrigue this season is gonna drive hype to the max.

Will CJ Stroud and the Texans ascend to Mahomes contenders?

Will ARich and the Colts bounce back and light it up?

Will the Packers continue their youthful rise?

Will the Lions win it all?

So many more questions. So many more answers needed.
Will the Dolphins or Jets(:lol:) get their poo poo together, or will a depleted Bills team end up winning the AFC East again?
….a fourth team? You must be mistaken.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

more intrigue. will this guy return

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/Ricexx20.htm

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Will the Dolphins or Jets(:lol:) get their poo poo together, or will a depleted Bills team end up winning the AFC East again?
….a fourth team? You must be mistaken.

The Tennesee Titans deserve more respect

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Edward Mass posted:

Schedule gets announced on May 15th, the latest in the year since 1990.

Why?

The last 4-5 years they've made a big deal of it, releasing it usually around May 11th/12th. They normally release it mid-week for whatever reasons (I assume TV stuff), usually a Wednesday or a Thursday, and since those dates are on a weekend this year, they moved it back a few days, but it's not like its months or even weeks later.

It wouldn't surprise me if ESPN asked them to push it back a week for TV purposes, since they'll do a big show for it and there is only potentially one NHL playoff game that could occur that same night they'd potentially be airing, and it's not like a week in May makes a big difference to the NFL, they'll still get all the attention and whatnot they want.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

fartknocker posted:

The last 4-5 years they've made a big deal of it, releasing it usually around May 11th/12th. They normally release it mid-week for whatever reasons (I assume TV stuff), usually a Wednesday or a Thursday, and since those dates are on a weekend this year, they moved it back a few days, but it's not like its months or even weeks later.

It wouldn't surprise me if ESPN asked them to push it back a week for TV purposes, since they'll do a big show for it and there is only potentially one NHL playoff game that could occur that same night they'd potentially be airing, and it's not like a week in May makes a big difference to the NFL, they'll still get all the attention and whatnot they want.

Might also be the one day with no hockey OR basketball playoffs

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Might also be the one day with no hockey OR basketball playoffs

That’s what I thought and checked, but no, there are several series scheduled to have a game 5 that night, Colorado-Dallas in the NHL, Dallas-OKC and Cleveland-Boston in the NBA. I don’t know which networks would have what, but I don’t think all of them are gonna be sweeps.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Have a nice :lol: on a Wednesday, my dudes

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

kendrick mayo

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Android Apocalypse posted:

Have a nice :lol: on a Wednesday, my dudes

pretty good

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dinucci is loosey

Broncos cut him.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

This is one of the most interesting football seasons in a long time, for me. So many quarterbacks have been changed out recently, and the number of first or second year QBs who will be starting games is at an abnormally high level. And I admit, that's one of my favorite elements of football: the draft, and then watching how those players' careers go. Especially quarterbacks, for obvious reasons.

Kalli posted:

Dinucci is loosey

Broncos cut him.

Perna is gonna be PISSED

Frequently Asked Questions
Is Rice in the Hall of Fame?
Rice has not been elected into the Hall of Fame.

How many games did Rice play?
Rice played 1 games over his career.

When did Rice retire?
Rice last played in 1921.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Play posted:

When did Rice retire?

Team: HAM

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wish we could've been there to cheer on ham's rice

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Apparently he had to try supremely hard not to commit crimes because the floodgates have been unleashed pretty recently

2024 is hot crime summer

Play
Apr 25, 2006

i guess caitlin clark clapped back at cooper dejean for saying he could beat her in basketball 1 on 1 so im sure were about to be treated to the biggest man on woman sports event since riggs vs court

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Play posted:

This is one of the most interesting football seasons in a long time, for me. So many quarterbacks have been changed out recently, and the number of first or second year QBs who will be starting games is at an abnormally high level. And I admit, that's one of my favorite elements of football: the draft, and then watching how those players' careers go. Especially quarterbacks, for obvious reasons.

Perna is gonna be PISSED

When did Rice retire?

Funnily enough I was writing a bit about the 2021 class for the qb thread and it does not give good vibes for the current class considering the similarities in terms of numbers drafted and the prospect and their deficiencies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

BlindSite posted:

Funnily enough I was writing a bit about the 2021 class for the qb thread and it does not give good vibes for the current class considering the similarities in terms of numbers drafted and the prospect and their deficiencies.

That's all part of the experience! I don't even really care; if they suck that's funny and something to talk about, if they're great that's rad and something to talk about.

There's just so many of them. Williams, Daniels, Maye, McCarthy, Levis, Richardson... all either rookies or second year guys who haven't played that much but will likely be starting for their respective teams.

Six brand spanking new QBs to either tear up the league or fall flat on their stupid faces or something in between. Such fun.