Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

I mean, duh. If we eliminate the Vikings because neither team wants to be on the bad end of a trade that significant to a division rival, and Washington because they'll take whichever top QB prospect the Bears don't, the destinations for Fields that make sense are:

Falcons
Steelers
Raiders

big gap

Patriots if they don't like Daniels and/or get a juicy enough trade offer to trade back
Titans if the new coach doesn't believe in Levis
Seahawks if they want to move on from Geno

Everyone else either has an incumbent starter that they wouldn't be comfortable moving on from for either merit or cap reasons. I would be shocked if it weren't one of those first three teams. But you only need two interested teams to start a bidding war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Deshaun Watson holds a $64M cap hit.

:yeshaha:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

In Loomis We Trust

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I just want to the Raiders to end the season at .500. I'm not even going to pretend to be more ambitious than that. I will lol a lot that the Seahawks lured Ryan Grubb from Alabama though.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Jets are getting new uniforms this upcoming season, based around the white throwbacks they wore this past year pictured below

https://x.com/woodyjohnson4/status/1683462032119541763?s=20

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

so Rodgers is going to wear it once?

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Mystic Stylez posted:

so Rodgers is going to wear it once?

idk, the uniform's named after him after all

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

all the jets uniforms using the same colors look the same to me. goon uniform blindness

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
https://x.com/mysportsupdate/status/1757029858264170497?s=46

…Shanahan?!?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Cavauro posted:

all the jets uniforms using the same colors look the same to me. goon uniform blindness

Remember when the Bills and Jets played an early color rush game wearing Red and Green uniforms?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Mystic Stylez posted:

I hope the Ravens somehow extend or tag Justin Madubuike

I'm fine with resigning or tag+trading. Whichever one works. We've let a couple guys go recently like Judon and Zadarius Smith who we've really missed. And interior pressure is rare. But iirc advanced stats don't show him as all that dominant? So if another team is enticed I wouldn't mind getting a good return for him especially if a higher pick(like top 15) is involved.

I also think the Ravens are a team that might do well to invest in a RB. If we had a real #1 RB along with Lamar it would make it so drat hard to beat us. It's too bad Dobbins career went the way it did with injuries. A lot of people want us to get Derrick Henry and maybe that will still work for us but it's not the same guy as a few yrs ago. Saquon Barkley I really don't know much about except that he's another guy who's had major injuries. Draft situation I know nothing about.

I like Gus Edwards but it's very clear the team does not trust him as an RB1 so I'm fine with moving on from him.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Feb 12, 2024

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

I'm fine with resigning or tag+trading. Whichever one works. We've let a couple guys go recently like Judon and Zadarius Smith who we've really missed. And interior pressure is rare. But iirc advanced stats don't show him as all that dominant? So if another team is enticed I wouldn't mind getting a good return for him especially if a higher pick(like top 15) is involved.

I also think the Ravens are a team that might do well to invest in a RB. If we had a real #1 RB along with Lamar it would make it so drat hard to beat us. It's too bad Dobbins career went the way it did with injuries. A lot of people want us to get Derrick Henry and maybe that will still work for us but it's not the same guy as a few yrs ago. Saquon Barkley I really don't know much about except that he's another guy who's had major injuries. Draft situation I know nothing about.

I like Gus Edwards but it's very clear the team does not trust him as an RB1 so I'm fine with moving on from him.

What kind of RB would mesh with the Ravens? A 1 cut speed back? They've gotten a surprising amount of mileage from Edwards but I think that's more a function of the offense/who was available for the season

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

I also think the Ravens are a team that might do well to invest in a RB. If we had a real #1 RB along with Lamar it would make it so drat hard to beat us. It's too bad Dobbins career went the way it did with injuries.

I think you're right, IIRC Mads had more sacks than expected based on how much he won his rushes, but maybe the dude just knows how to finish plays?

I wouldn't mind drafting a RB on the later rounds too and pray that Mitchell is still the same dude after that loving injury

Dobbins was looking like he was going to be a top 3 back on the NFL but alas

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Will somebody please beat the goddamn Chiefs? I don't even give a gently caress if it's the Chargers at this point, I just need them to stop winning Superbowls, it's very irritating.

Thanks in advance, whoever you are

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Forrest on Fire posted:

What kind of RB would mesh with the Ravens? A 1 cut speed back? They've gotten a surprising amount of mileage from Edwards but I think that's more a function of the offense/who was available for the season

I don't know enough about that sort of thing to say. That's for the Ravens coaches and front office to figure out :D. But I just want a guy that teams have to really respect as a #1 option. I think Keaton Mitchell will always be a major threat but with kind of limited snaps. He's a smaller dude and I don't know that he can really take the punishment of being a true featured back and blocking and crap.

I think getting investing in WRs is a mistake at this point because I don't really see Lamar ever being the passer that Josh Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Mahomes etc are. I'd rather build around our strengths and roll with Flowers(assuming the investigation situation amounts to nothing like it seems it might), Andrews, Likely and if we can get something else. It says something to me that Flowers numbers look so good to us but nobody anywhere else in the league is impressed by them. Bateman supposedly gets open a lot but he and Lamar have zero chemistry. So why try to force what isn't there? Find stopgap solutions and invest money+picks into what we do well.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Black Sunshine posted:

Will somebody please beat the goddamn Chiefs? I don't even give a gently caress if it's the Chargers at this point, I just need them to stop winning Superbowls, it's very irritating.

Bucs already did.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

wandler20 posted:

Bucs already did.

Why did you stop beating them? I demand answers!

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Black Sunshine posted:

clearly Tom Brady has to come back from retirement to spank Mahomes' rear end on the playoffs a few more times

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

So what I’m hearing is that the 49ers should convince a now-single Brady to come out of retirement.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

I've accepted Tom Brady as evil incarnate so I'm okay with him coming back and ending the Chiefs dynasty.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Maybe if the Bears draft Caleb Williams and Poles continues to be decent at drafting, they can take on this challenge.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Black Sunshine posted:

The Lions did, and would have again

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Spend some money titans, you can do it

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

tinstaach posted:

The Lions did, and would have again

In the postseason!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Black Sunshine posted:

In the postseason!

Well the prior year the Lions barely missed the playoffs, this year they made it to the NFCCG, so next year must mean a Super Bowl win.

Then we can add Andy Reid/Mahomes to the gif where dan Campbell comes blasting through a door, blowing opponents away.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1757077110802231655?t=40wBDyD4_jdOnhSG94xqYQ&s=19

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Canned Sunshine posted:

Well the prior year the Lions barely missed the playoffs, this year they made it to the NFCCG, so next year must mean a Super Bowl win.

Then we can add Andy Reid/Mahomes to the gif where dan Campbell comes blasting through a door, blowing opponents away.

I sure hope so!

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i hope the chiefs offense plays like it did this year and they come in third in the afc west and miss the playoffs

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I really hope the home team is playing.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Phobeste posted:

:golfclap:

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1757103399135330651?s=20

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Anderson Koopa posted:

Remember when the Bills and Jets played an early color rush game wearing Red and Green uniforms?

Christmas color game ruled

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lmao

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Lions SB campaign begins today.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Phobeste posted:

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/mikegarafolo/status/1757160548163310012?s=46

Here we go.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Future Chiefs backup, just to piss Nagy off

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Mitch's agent must be insanely good at his job to sell a reporter on the idea of this being a "mutual parting"

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

the end of an era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

xbilkis posted:

Mitch's agent must be insanely good at his job to sell a reporter on the idea of this being a "mutual parting"

"Mitch, you're cut"

'Ok'