Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i recorded the call where they refused to let me cancel and let them know beforehand. i timed the call at 19 minutes, after a 15 minute wait. informed the bank of the situation and they issued me a new card. i would consider a class action lawsuit but it seems like there are barely any people who weren't able to cancel and i could/should have just tried again until another person was handling my account. but i don't care and will die within the next 10 years. the cincinnati bengals will be 1-3 in the super bowl soonly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Cavauro posted:

i recorded the call where they refused to let me cancel and let them know beforehand. i timed the call at 19 minutes, after a 15 minute wait. informed the bank of the situation and they issued me a new card. i would consider a class action lawsuit but it seems like there are barely any people who weren't able to cancel and i could/should have just tried again until another person was handling my account. but i don't care and will die within the next 10 years. the cincinnati bengals will be 1-3 in the super bowl soonly.

don't sell yourself short. you will live long enough to see that single super bowl win. the last pass fleeting before your eyes as you take your last breath at the ripe old age of 140.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Bengals aren't winning a Superbowl unless 31 other teams planes crash

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

sharknado slashfic posted:

The Bengals aren't winning a Superbowl unless 31 other teams planes crash

the surviving cannibals will form a super team

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Cavauro posted:

Joe Burrow needs his own SiriusXM station. They can call it Joey Blues or JBXM.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Yeah the prison thing actually worked, the guy let me go in like 5 minutes. Everyone keep this a tff secret :ssh:

Sirius snitches get serious stitches

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1772787033410343255

"legendary"

but not in the good way

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Lifespan posted:

In another thread someone shared a story about them calling in to cancel and saying they lost their job and was about to lose their house and they still tried to up-sell them. SXM customer service is disgusting.

And you'll get bi-weekly mail from them for about 5 years .

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

28% chance he makes the Hall of Fame. 3% he makes it on the first ballot.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Cavauro posted:

but i don't care and will die within the next 10 years. the cincinnati bengals will be 1-3 in the super bowl soonly.

Glad you can still be optimistic in the face of your impending demise.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxqaDGgT4Pc

I've really warmed on Matt Ryan over the years. He had his limitations but alway played decent football and was let down by a lovely organization. Dude took some of the worst hits I've ever seen and kept going out there. he never threw any of the assholes around him under the bus, and plenty deserved it. He replaced Mike Vick and came into an impossible situation and thrived. It sort of lovely that he will be remembered for 28–3, the same way Cam is goiong to be remembered for not diving on a fumbling and getting murdered in the process.

someone post the jogging story.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 27, 2024

Nov 6, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

It sort of city that he can remember for 28–3,

He just should embrace it and retire tomorrow.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’m somewhat skeptical that this turns kickoffs into an actual play.

The receiving team is required to have most of their blockers on the 35 yard line.

The new touchback distance is the 30 yard line.

Unless the kicking team has a very good kicker (and a better special team, generally), it seems like booting it through the end zone would be the safest play.

Whatchu think? We still mainly gonna see touchbacks?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Some legends are cautionary tales, it's fine

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

He just should embrace it and retire tomorrow.

This.

It's still funny that the only team fans that enjoyed that victory were Pats fans, because duh, and Saints fans, because those two fanbases hate each other that loving much.

I mean, 28-3 is loving funny in retrospect, but I gotta imagine at the time most people were hoping the Falcons would finally get one (which, lol, lmao)

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The receiving team is required to have most of their blockers on the 35 yard line.

Unless the kicking team has a very good kicker (and a better special team, generally), it seems like booting it through the end zone would be the safest play.

I don't. Giving the opponent the ball at the 30 is a big deal!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mega64 posted:

I mean, 28-3 is loving funny in retrospect, but I gotta imagine at the time most people were hoping the Falcons would finally get one (which, lol, lmao)

It wasn't hoping the Falcons got one so much as hoping the Patriots didn't get another one.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

fsif posted:

It wasn't hoping the Falcons got one so much as hoping the Patriots didn't get another one.

Definitely fair.

It's just that the absolute worst possible set of circumstances had to happen for the Falcons to lose that game after the lead they had, and, well,

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

FizFashizzle posted:

someone post the jogging story.

I know this is a couple pages old, but drat Matt Ryan looks like a pretty successful businessman who is rapidly closing in on 40. He competes in triathlons in his spare time and he has come to the realization that he never really loved his wife. He goes on long runs early on Saturday mornings, and the last several weeks he's been arriving at the river trail a few minutes later than normal so that he spends part of his run staring at the rear end of the 20-something grad-student who he has started to chat up. Maybe this weekend he'll invite her to get some coffee after their run. He's fantasizes about the impending divorce. He doesn't hate his wife; he plans on making sure that she is comfortable and well taken care of, and he'd prefer to not have a contentious split since he knows that would be harder on his daughter. He tells himself that he wants to make sure he is still a part of his daughter's life, but he hasn't really ever been that involved with her and deep down he knows their relationship will devolve into the odd phone call and birthday card. If he could pinpoint where it all started to go wrong it would probably be after his wife had her third miscarriage. He had always wanted a big family, but at that point it was just too much for her and they stopped trying. He thinks that if they had more kids they could have made it work, but he's still not quite 40 and it isn't too late to start over. He wonders if the grad-student wants a big family...

You guys can't tell me that when you look into that picture of Matt Ryan you don't see a man who grew up in the shadow of an older brother. Jerry was the better athlete, Jerry had all the girlfriends, Jerry was the charmer who could roll around in pig poo poo, flash that million dollar smile, and come out smelling like roses. That’s not to say Matt wasn’t a decent athlete or didn’t have any girlfriends, but Jerry was the star player on the high school football team (although “star” is a relative term on a team that won 6 games in 2 years) and Jerry’s wife (then girlfriend) was the prom queen, and how exactly was Matt supposed to compete with that? Matt would say he had the last laugh now that Jerry is a balding, over-weight claims adjuster living in Overland Park Kansas, but Jerry and Cynthia found Jesus and have five kids and Matt is preparing to divorce his wife whom he hasn’t seen naked in over a year so it’s difficult to feel superior. Matt stopped being bitter at Jerry a long time ago anyways. Once they grew up and stopped competing with each other at everything Matt realized that his brother is just like everyone else, trying to do his best and get by day to day. Matt sometimes lies awake at night wondering if his financial success, which he considers moderate but which any sane person would consider substantial, has really bought him anything but heartburn and a failed marriage, but it’s the sort of crisis that doesn’t lead to any meaningful change and is forgotten by the time the alarm goes off and it’s time to hit the river trail. It’s a cold morning and Matt hopes the grad-student doesn’t decide to hit the snooze button.

You misunderstand. It’s not fan fiction. I’m just trying to describe what this picture looks like:

And what it looks like is a man who has been calling his lawyer’s office for the past week and a half and hanging up as soon as the receptionist answers because he feels guilty for beginning this process and blindsiding his wife with divorce papers. But it isn’t really blindsiding is it? Shannon has to know this is coming. She has to. She knows what has been going on for the past five years, or, more to the point, what has not been going on. Hell, she’s probably been seeing someone else behind his back. Who the gently caress knows what goes on all day when he’s at the office? But then again, this is a woman who spends forty-five minutes in the bathroom at a time and he can hear the sobbing through the door on occasion when she forgets to run the sink to drown it out. She still isn’t well and probably never will be, and if he were to serve her and she were to hurt herself he’s not sure he could forgive himself, not to mention the damage that would do to their daughter. So he continues to put it off, and most nights when he gets home from work he parks his Lexus in the driveway and rehearses what he’s going to say when he walks through the door. “Shannon, we both know this isn’t working. It’s not good for either of us to go on this way.” But what if she wants to work things out? He’s well past wanting to try and make it work, but what if she wants to? Could he actually say no to counseling? Wouldn’t that make him a bad person? And as soon as he’s ready to finally say it, he walks in the door and into the bedroom and the master bathroom door is closed and he can hear the sink running. So he changes into his running clothes and heads out to the river trail.

Sorry jefe, it’s June and the Halos are bottom feeders so I feel empty inside.

Matt looks like he feels pretty empty inside, sort of like a man who just had a two hour argument with his wife because she felt “Way too loving fat” to go to dinner at the club with the Applebaums. But he’s tired of making excuses for her, “Oh sorry, Shannon is a bit under the weather,” “Oh sorry, our baby sitter canceled at the last minute,” “Oh sorry, Shannon is feeling way too loving fat to come tonight.” So he begs and pleads and she slams the bathroom door so hard the windows shake. They ride to the club in total silence. He reaches for the radio, but she shifts in her seat and groans so he retracts his hand and curses to himself internally. At the club it’s all handshakes and smiles, though she does manage a subtle glare at him when he orders a double Johnnie Walker Black on the rocks. Janice Applebaum asks if she’d like to share a bottle of wine, and she says “No thank you, I think one of us should remain sober.” Other than that little dig things go smoothly enough, but before they’ve ordered dessert she excuses herself and doesn’t return for twenty or so minutes. She claims to have run into Emilia Parker in the ladies restroom and she just couldn’t get away any sooner, but he notices the hastily reapplied lipstick and he’s sure the Applebaum’s do as well. On the way home he catches a brief whiff of sour breath from her and he almost says something, but before he can she asks if he wouldn’t mind sleeping on the couch tonight because he always wakes her up when he leaves early to head out for a run. As they walk through the door she heads straight into the master bath and shuts the door.

Also gently caress the Patriots forever.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

EmbryoSteve posted:

I don't. Giving the opponent the ball at the 30 is a big deal!

I don’t disagree but previously touchbacks were at the 25 yard line, and teams still overwhelmingly opted to try for touchbacks.

Idk if the difference between 25 to 30 matters that much. Especially when it seems like it’s easier for returners to do return with the new rules.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I contacted SiriusXM to cancel my sub before I moved to Canada, since I only ever listened in the car and I sold my car to my sister. They kept me around for one more year by offering me Premium at $8.99/month, so my sister can listen in the car and I can listen via app.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

fartknocker posted:

I know this is a couple pages old, but drat Matt Ryan looks like a pretty successful businessman who is rapidly closing in on 40. He competes in triathlons in his spare time and he has come to the realization that he never really loved his wife. He goes on long runs early on Saturday mornings, and the last several weeks he's been arriving at the river trail a few minutes later than normal so that he spends part of his run staring at the rear end of the 20-something grad-student who he has started to chat up. Maybe this weekend he'll invite her to get some coffee after their run. He's fantasizes about the impending divorce. He doesn't hate his wife; he plans on making sure that she is comfortable and well taken care of, and he'd prefer to not have a contentious split since he knows that would be harder on his daughter. He tells himself that he wants to make sure he is still a part of his daughter's life, but he hasn't really ever been that involved with her and deep down he knows their relationship will devolve into the odd phone call and birthday card. If he could pinpoint where it all started to go wrong it would probably be after his wife had her third miscarriage. He had always wanted a big family, but at that point it was just too much for her and they stopped trying. He thinks that if they had more kids they could have made it work, but he's still not quite 40 and it isn't too late to start over. He wonders if the grad-student wants a big family...

You guys can't tell me that when you look into that picture of Matt Ryan you don't see a man who grew up in the shadow of an older brother. Jerry was the better athlete, Jerry had all the girlfriends, Jerry was the charmer who could roll around in pig poo poo, flash that million dollar smile, and come out smelling like roses. That’s not to say Matt wasn’t a decent athlete or didn’t have any girlfriends, but Jerry was the star player on the high school football team (although “star” is a relative term on a team that won 6 games in 2 years) and Jerry’s wife (then girlfriend) was the prom queen, and how exactly was Matt supposed to compete with that? Matt would say he had the last laugh now that Jerry is a balding, over-weight claims adjuster living in Overland Park Kansas, but Jerry and Cynthia found Jesus and have five kids and Matt is preparing to divorce his wife whom he hasn’t seen naked in over a year so it’s difficult to feel superior. Matt stopped being bitter at Jerry a long time ago anyways. Once they grew up and stopped competing with each other at everything Matt realized that his brother is just like everyone else, trying to do his best and get by day to day. Matt sometimes lies awake at night wondering if his financial success, which he considers moderate but which any sane person would consider substantial, has really bought him anything but heartburn and a failed marriage, but it’s the sort of crisis that doesn’t lead to any meaningful change and is forgotten by the time the alarm goes off and it’s time to hit the river trail. It’s a cold morning and Matt hopes the grad-student doesn’t decide to hit the snooze button.

You misunderstand. It’s not fan fiction. I’m just trying to describe what this picture looks like:

And what it looks like is a man who has been calling his lawyer’s office for the past week and a half and hanging up as soon as the receptionist answers because he feels guilty for beginning this process and blindsiding his wife with divorce papers. But it isn’t really blindsiding is it? Shannon has to know this is coming. She has to. She knows what has been going on for the past five years, or, more to the point, what has not been going on. Hell, she’s probably been seeing someone else behind his back. Who the gently caress knows what goes on all day when he’s at the office? But then again, this is a woman who spends forty-five minutes in the bathroom at a time and he can hear the sobbing through the door on occasion when she forgets to run the sink to drown it out. She still isn’t well and probably never will be, and if he were to serve her and she were to hurt herself he’s not sure he could forgive himself, not to mention the damage that would do to their daughter. So he continues to put it off, and most nights when he gets home from work he parks his Lexus in the driveway and rehearses what he’s going to say when he walks through the door. “Shannon, we both know this isn’t working. It’s not good for either of us to go on this way.” But what if she wants to work things out? He’s well past wanting to try and make it work, but what if she wants to? Could he actually say no to counseling? Wouldn’t that make him a bad person? And as soon as he’s ready to finally say it, he walks in the door and into the bedroom and the master bathroom door is closed and he can hear the sink running. So he changes into his running clothes and heads out to the river trail.

Sorry jefe, it’s June and the Halos are bottom feeders so I feel empty inside.

Matt looks like he feels pretty empty inside, sort of like a man who just had a two hour argument with his wife because she felt “Way too loving fat” to go to dinner at the club with the Applebaums. But he’s tired of making excuses for her, “Oh sorry, Shannon is a bit under the weather,” “Oh sorry, our baby sitter canceled at the last minute,” “Oh sorry, Shannon is feeling way too loving fat to come tonight.” So he begs and pleads and she slams the bathroom door so hard the windows shake. They ride to the club in total silence. He reaches for the radio, but she shifts in her seat and groans so he retracts his hand and curses to himself internally. At the club it’s all handshakes and smiles, though she does manage a subtle glare at him when he orders a double Johnnie Walker Black on the rocks. Janice Applebaum asks if she’d like to share a bottle of wine, and she says “No thank you, I think one of us should remain sober.” Other than that little dig things go smoothly enough, but before they’ve ordered dessert she excuses herself and doesn’t return for twenty or so minutes. She claims to have run into Emilia Parker in the ladies restroom and she just couldn’t get away any sooner, but he notices the hastily reapplied lipstick and he’s sure the Applebaum’s do as well. On the way home he catches a brief whiff of sour breath from her and he almost says something, but before he can she asks if he wouldn’t mind sleeping on the couch tonight because he always wakes her up when he leaves early to head out for a run. As they walk through the door she heads straight into the master bath and shuts the door.

Also gently caress the Patriots forever.

i aint reading all that
im happy for u tho
or sorry that happened

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mega64 posted:

This.

It's still funny that the only team fans that enjoyed that victory were Pats fans, because duh, and Saints fans, because those two fanbases hate each other that loving much.

I honestly wonder if Saints fans enjoyed it more because Pats fans are used to winning Super Bowls.

Nov 6, 2002

Silly Burrito posted:

I honestly wonder if Saints fans enjoyed it more because Pats fans are used to winning Super Bowls.

I don't think it's even much of a question.

2001 and 2014 are both more celebrated Super Bowls for me personally. 28-3 was just funny.

But I think for Saints fans 28-3 was like a second Super Bowl victory.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I was watching that Superbowl with a new neighbor and it was a really fun time until the comeback started. We both turned pissy and sulky despite neither of us giving two shits about the Falcons.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Will kickoff return stats pre and post 2024 be segmented into their own categories since they’re effectively two completely different play types?

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Silly Burrito posted:

I mean I enjoyed the hell out of it as a Pats fan, personally.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Similarly the janky rear end pbs app is five bucks a month to access a wide world of antiques roadshow and nova specials. I’m elderly

I also pay the PBS add on on Amazon Prime Video.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
28-3 broke me as a Pats hater. Tom Brady was obviously God's annoited one after that and it was just hubris to keep trying to hate.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Nervous posted:

28-3 broke me as a Pats hater. Tom Brady was obviously God's annoited one after that and it was just hubris to keep trying to hate.

Is it that God loves Tom Brady, or that God hates the Falcons?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
God hates the Falcons.

Satan loves the Patriots.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I feel that I'm cursed to love football but also watch teams that I hate constantly win the Superbowl. Since 2003 it's been a poo poo show with very few instances of myself being relatively happy with the outcome of the game.

The only teams to have won against someone I actively loathe are the Packers, Giants x 2, Seahawks and Eagles.

I've been neutral/ambivalent for Colts/Bears, Saints/Colts and Rams/Bengals.

Everything else has been pure loving misery and I'm always asking why I still give a poo poo about football and never have a good answer other than I'm a glutton for punishment and if there's a God he/she definitely hates me. gently caress

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

threepeat baby! Followed by Taylor's baby!

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Nervous posted:

Leave it to the Eagles to prove that hate is never in vain

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

"legendary"

but not in the good way

Nope!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBG-XEjDrS8

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I was a bigger fan of the original version of the rule before it was modified (it was first introduced as using the 35 yard line for touchbacks that don't hit the landing zone). I don't think we will necessarily see mostly touchbacks like now, but it does mean that if one team/returner gets a reputation as being pretty drat good, that team is probably not gonna see many non-touchbacks. We also are gonna see mostly touchbacks from leading teams as it gets late - 5 yards closer is safer than the risk of a big return/TD.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Silly Burrito posted:

The bad thing is that you have to call them, you can’t just cancel online. But eventually they will let you.

I think this is the same for DISH, or at least it used to be. I think I spent 45 - 60 minutes with a CS just to cancel our service, with them constantly trying to retain me by throwing out offer after hour.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Siriusxm is apparently notoriously difficult to cancel so I told them I was going to prison for a few years

lol

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/alexkatson/status/1773062513938047469?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

That's the only singular difference.