Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

swickles posted:

Combination of Rams/Raiders/Chargers all going to the wrong places around the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Chargers easily. At least Rams had history in LA and the Raiders can kind of get away with going anywhere and still have a fanbase.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Chargers. Ditching a place where they were beloved to become second banana in a place that doesn't give much of a poo poo about football, all over stadium financial wrangling.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Funny how the Raiders would've been the preferred team in either market despite being a dumpster fire the last couple of decades. Even with the Rams having been in LA previously, the populace in general would've definitely preferred the Raiders coming back

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Black Sunshine posted:

Funny how the Raiders would've been the preferred team in either market despite being a dumpster fire the last couple of decades

They even could've squatted in that never-finished rundown copper stripped high rise and called it home too

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Chargers. Screw LA, they are the San Diego Chargers dammit.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

I refuse to call them anything but San Diego. gently caress the NFL and its lovely owners.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

Black Sunshine posted:

I refuse to call them anything but San Diego. gently caress the NFL and its lovely owners.

:hai:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Pain of Mind posted:

Good, but once it is in his hands he runs at 1/3rd the speed of any other RB.

He's just becoming encumbered with the additional weight. Tell him to try and take the strong back perk.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

My bad...gently caress the Cowboys as well

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Black Sunshine you are the unhappiest person on a football forum in the offseason lol

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Stay perturbed, Black Sunshine, it's always justified

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

In my defense, I'm currently watching the documentary about Nickelodeon being a haven for assholes and pedophiles so it's easy to lean into anger after watching that

UncleButts
Sep 25, 2003

pure of heart
dumb of ass

Black Sunshine posted:

In my defense, I'm currently watching the documentary about Nickelodeon being a haven for assholes and pedophiles so it's easy to lean into anger after watching that

Soothe yourself by enjoying the most unmovable of teams, the Packers :v:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I wonder how things would be if the Chargers had gone to Vegas and the Raiders back to LA

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

I wonder how things would be if the Chargers had gone to Vegas and the Raiders back to LA

The Raiders would be far more popular in LA than the Rams, the Chargers would be an afterthought solely to the Knights, and all the on field results would still be the same.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Rams and Jaguars become the international teams. Jaguars to Mexico City and Rams to Calgary

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Chargers should have stayed in San Diego.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

columbus chargers. toledo superchargers

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Chargers should have stayed in San Diego.

Well yeah obviously

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Rams to Calgary

:woop:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Cavauro posted:

columbus chargers. toledo superchargers

Sacramento Superchargers

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Mildly interesting. How much cap each team has stored in void years.

https://twitter.com/CDFBAnalysis/status/1773476266936537479?s=20

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Offseason champions yet again!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
the saints wouldn't really be that much worse if they just tore it all down tbh they just never really want to do that and would rather win 8 games i guess

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Diva Cupcake posted:

Mildly interesting. How much cap each team has stored in void years.

https://twitter.com/CDFBAnalysis/status/1773476266936537479?s=20

The Bears have the same super bowl odds as the Browns, Chargers, and Jags??

Gambling is stupid

Woozie66 fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 29, 2024

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

mcmagic posted:

the saints wouldn't really be that much worse if they just tore it all down tbh they just never really want to do that and would rather win 8 games i guess
IIRC, the cap implications make that impossible.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Woozie66 posted:

The Bears have the same super bowl odds as the Browns, Chargers, and Jags??

Gambling is stupid

Gambling lines are not predictive. Instead they're made up of a balance of what gamblers will put money on.

Bears at +4000 means that there's a lot of people from Chicago dropping dollars on that bet. This moves the line.

Conversely, absolutely no one is betting on the panthers to make it. Instead, everyone is betting on the panthers to not make it. So the oddsmakers have to shift that line far out to ensure they have roughly 50/50 on each side of the bet. If the panthers start winning this season, that line will shift left, but we all know that isn't going to happen.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I see it as more of an indictment of the Browns, Chargers, and Jags.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

fsif posted:

Nah they're all +4000.

The Panthers, otoh, are +30000.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

derp

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Mar 29, 2024

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kurgarra Queen posted:

This is correct.

swickles posted:

Combination of Rams/Raiders/Chargers all going to the wrong places around the same time.
Raiders move worked out really well for them though it seems? I feel like the team's, uh, fan culture(?) fits in Vegas?

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Yeah, Saints have backed themselves into a corner. If they cut the people they need to do a tear down, the cap hit acceleration means they need to cut even more people, which then accelerates cap hits even further, etc. The tear down is gonna take like 2-3 years minimum instead of just ripping off the bandage now.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

Yeah, I mean all of them could make the Superbowl, it just requires a few too many things to break their way to be realistic, and I think they're about the equivalent of "what if Caleb is Stroud good and also the defense gets good and also Eberflus hits his head and suddenly becomes a coaching savant.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/pgsween/status/1773718025897709647?s=46&t=4HCQHNrQSCCyTv5_MzlCTw

i think he has to pass his physical, there were concerns about his chronic knee issue? I figured this was a done deal but it may not be

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I hope L'Jarius Sneed is safe and alive

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

kiimo posted:

https://twitter.com/pgsween/status/1773718025897709647?s=46&t=4HCQHNrQSCCyTv5_MzlCTw

i think he has to pass his physical, there were concerns about his chronic knee issue? I figured this was a done deal but it may not be

It was reported that he passed his physical. It’s probably shaking out guarantee numbers so the Titans can maximize their cap.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
They sneed to wrap this up so all parties involved can have some closure.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Until it is finalized I'm just going to consider this situation as one where they left the door L'Jar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This is correct.

Raiders move worked out really well for them though it seems? I feel like the team's, uh, fan culture(?) fits in Vegas?

Besides obvious issues like the stadium just giving way to visiting fans constantly, being in the city that was perfect for facilitating the Henry Ruggs disaster disqualifies it as working out "really well"

Not thrilled to see how Vegas life works out for other young players in the future

Chargers should have gotten Vegas, Raiders should have gotten LA and it will always be dumb