Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
It would be L'Jarius if the Titans decided they didn't Sneed him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The337th posted:

Besides obvious issues like the stadium just giving way to visiting fans constantly, being in the city that was perfect for facilitating the Henry Ruggs disaster disqualifies it as working out "really well"

Not thrilled to see how Vegas life works out for other young players in the future

Chargers should have gotten Vegas, Raiders should have gotten LA and it will always be dumb

There was no way Kroenke was going to let the Raiders take over his building

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The337th posted:

being in the city that was perfect for facilitating the Henry Ruggs disaster disqualifies it as working out "really well"
I'm not trying to be lovely but come on. People dont drink and drive late at night anywhere but Vegas? We had news just this week of an NFL player getting arrested for drinking and driving late at night. Rich people with fancy cars do stupid poo poo all the time regardless of where they are.

I'm fine with being wrong about the Raiders moving to Vegas working out "really well" but Henry Ruggs driving drunk isnt one of the reasons why.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hell I might even say you're less likely to drink and drive in Las Vegas if you consider the available sources for alternate forms of transportation combined with the traffic gridlock and walkability.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, no increased risk of late night drunk driving in the party city, what was I thinking

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

a neat cape posted:

There was no way Kroenke was going to let the Raiders take over his building

Right, the NFL's political reasoning behind it doesn't make it any less stupid than the teams also not being in their original cities because the public has to foot the bill on stadium funding

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Let it be known that I often talk out of my rear end without looking it up

quote:

When it comes to drunk driving, the numbers speak for themselves. Las Vegas, Nevada, holds the unenviable title of having the highest DUI arrest rate in the United States.Nov 22, 2023

edit: although you could argue I suppose that Las Vegas does not make an individual more likely to drink and drive but rather the sheer number of drunk people raises the total number of instances up? I suppose you'd need percentages of DUIs per drunk people and frankly I leave advance stats to others.

something something expected DUIs

kiimo fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 29, 2024

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The337th posted:

Right, the NFL's political reasoning behind it doesn't make it any less stupid than the teams also not being in their original cities because the public has to foot the bill on stadium funding

Agreed.

It's kinda why I never had a big problem with the Rams moving back to LA, because they had like 50 years in LA before the St Louis move.

The Raiders should be in Oakland and the Chargers should be in San Diego but c'est la vie

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

At some point, the Saints just have to run out of contracts they can gently caress around with, right?

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

a neat cape posted:

Agreed.

It's kinda why I never had a big problem with the Rams moving back to LA, because they had like 50 years in LA before the St Louis move.

The Raiders should be in Oakland and the Chargers should be in San Diego but c'est la vie

I don't mind the Raiders being nomadic, but there is something seriously off about them playing in a dome. The Chargers too. Raiders-Chargers games used to be muddy, gritty affairs, and now they're in these billion dollar sterile domes.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

At some point, the Saints just have to run out of contracts they can gently caress around with, right?

Their main problem is their talent is old af. A lot of their core is now in their 30s and even someone like demario Davis who is still good, is over 35 years old. How do you restructure that contract out when dude may/should retire this year?

Spread that over a whole team and you have a future that is subpar at best and disastrous at worst.

Based on how they acted in FA this year, they very likely try and bear a lot of the pain in 2024 and give a free year to their new coach in 2025 and then start mostly fresh in 2026 with a reloaded deck.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

solarjetman posted:

I don't mind the Raiders being nomadic, but there is something seriously off about them playing in a dome. The Chargers too. Raiders-Chargers games used to be muddy, gritty affairs, and now they're in these billion dollar sterile domes.

My best friend (Broncos fan) and I went to every Broncos at Chargers game from 2002 to 2016. I think we saw every kind of game you can think of, from blowouts to come from behind wins to clear skies to downpours. We saw the Brees injury game, the Tomlinson setting the TD record game, the Msnning comeback on MNF game.

I really miss Qualcomm sometimes

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Mr. Nice! posted:

Gambling lines are not predictive. Instead they're made up of a balance of what gamblers will put money on.

Bears at +4000 means that there's a lot of people from Chicago dropping dollars on that bet. This moves the line.

Conversely, absolutely no one is betting on the panthers to make it. Instead, everyone is betting on the panthers to not make it. So the oddsmakers have to shift that line far out to ensure they have roughly 50/50 on each side of the bet. If the panthers start winning this season, that line will shift left, but we all know that isn't going to happen.

Oh I know, that's why I'm saying gambling is stupid. Well, gamblers are stupid I guess is what I'm saying.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

They have about 3 contracts left they can mess with this year. Kamara ($8m), Taysom ($8m), Juwan Johnson ($3m). They're about $8m under the cap now and can free up about $19m with those restructures. But that's about it, basically every other non rookie or minimum contact has already been restructured.

In 2025 they're about 73m over as of now but they have a bunch more contacts they can restructure. I'm not sure how it ends but it's going to take more than a couple years to fix this. The contacts might expire but the can is still there from being kicked so many times. Even worse, they lack premium draft picks this year to help get young cheap talent.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

N: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1773012995896926413

V: I really hope for once that’s AI what the poo poo is going on with that elbow :barf:

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 29, 2024

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The337th posted:

Yeah, no increased risk of late night drunk driving in the party city, what was I thinking
Thankfully I didnt say "Vegas doesnt have an increased risk of late night drunk driving".

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

The year is 3XXX, the Saints were over the cap by more then world GDP, and robo-Loomis just successfully got them cap compliant again.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Nervous posted:

The year is 3XXX, the Saints were over the cap by more then world GDP, and robo-Loomis just successfully got them cap compliant again.

And they have still never won a division title since Brees retired

e: Taysom Hill is still on the books, somehow

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Mar 29, 2024

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Thankfully I didnt say "Vegas doesnt have an increased risk of late night drunk driving".

Thankfully I was responding to someone else

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Docjowles posted:

And they have still never won a division title since Brees retired

e: Taysom Hill is still on the books, somehow

He got that Bobby Bonilla contract after he scored 3 TDs in a 2027 preseason game.

Bellmaker posted:

V: I really hope for once that’s AI what the poo poo is going on with that elbow :barf:

Daniels and AP are colluding to have him refuse playing for any team but the Raiders.

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 29, 2024

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Woozie66 posted:

Oh I know, that's why I'm saying gambling is stupid. Well, gamblers are stupid I guess is what I'm saying.

No doubt. People are generally stupid, and that's how the house makes money.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Bellmaker posted:

Looks like he should be on Mars in Total Recall

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

maybe his throwing motion irritates and inflames that sucker because he gets that a lot. cut it out

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The337th posted:

Thankfully I was responding to someone else
Whoops, sorry

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Lifespan posted:

It would be L'Jarius if the Titans decided they didn't Sneed him.

New thread title?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Jets get Hassan Reddick for a 2026 conditional 3rd

I have no idea why the Eagles were desperate to move in from Reddick

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Eagles almost certainly weren’t going to pay what Reddick’s new extension demanded.

Still, though, a 2026 conditional third rounder? That’s a fleecing.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Bellmaker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfHvz4gxLFk

TLDW: it's a pic from the season, he had bursitis, it's fine unless it becomes a reoccurring thing

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
don't tell me that's fine!!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

That's not an NFL caliber elbow

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
That’s on the level of weird as the Drew Brees neck gif only real :barf:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Gonz posted:

Eagles almost certainly weren’t going to pay what Reddick’s new extension demanded.

Still, though, a 2026 conditional third rounder? That’s a fleecing.

3rd conditional 2nd **

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
It's a fluid filled sac that was drained like a week later.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pee is stored in the Bursa

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

thinking about johnny knoxville blowing the airhorn at golfers and then saying "sorry i've got bursitis"

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

thinking about johnny knoxville blowing the airhorn at golfers and then saying "sorry i've got bursitis"

I remember playing NCAA football in college and the first time a player went down with bursitis none of us believed it was a real thing

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

R.D. Mangles posted:

“You’ve got bursitis. So you gotta play with air horns?”

“It helps”

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Our long national nightmare is over, it’s finalized

https://twitter.com/titans/status/1773839003965374975?s=46

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Wow I can breathe again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It took so long because they had to commission the photoshop.