Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Looked it up and jets only scored one touchdown in their superbowl, Namath was mvp despite no tds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

this is the best

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Gotta be a smokescreen…

Ya it’s lying season

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Ostensibly the team still must be sold. It’s pretty clear from Paul Allen’s documentation.

The delay in sale seems to be mainly from the complexity and scale of processing a billionaire’s estate.

Wouldn’t be surprised if she’s thrown up some legal walls to delay things but ya the above two posts sum up where seahawks ownership is as far as I know, currently, and I don’t know poo poo

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
I get it, but if you had told me a year before belichick and carroll were gonna be unemployed and no teams were interviewing them, I’d question your sanity

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Maybe Carroll wasn’t interviewed because he still has a job. The only person who even reporting that he was looking for another head coaching job this year was Florio, so the whole Pete Carroll is being blackballed because he’s old thing seems like a whole cloth invention by a notorious idiot.

A “job” in the sense he’s getting paid for a ceremonial position. His press conference made it pretty clear he still wanted to be a head coach, it’s not something invented by florio (well maybe the ageism aspect)

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
a page of the dumbest dudes, god bless

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I don't know why it bugs me so much when TV teams do their canned Walter Payton award reads but lol

Truly the Most Prestigious

This does crack me up. The NFL trying the ol’ a lie told often enough becomes the truth. Not to diminish players contributing to their communities, but c’mon, nobody is getting into the hall because they won the Walter Payton man of the year award

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

DC Big Dom was not available

Can’t defend against the power bottom gap scheme

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
But who can replace whatever sirianni does??

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Same but mine was when the chargers—gently caress

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Feel like streakers need to be nude, or at least near it, to qualify

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Cthulu Carl posted:

Water polo is bullshit because they don't use river horses

Cowards.

Hippos? Hungry hungry hippos?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

kiimo posted:

edit: btw, before we take that survey from the NFLPA as gospel truth, less than 30% of players responded.

Pollsters these days would salivate at a 30% response rate

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Fat Jesus posted:

why are there koalas on the kitchen wall?

big fans of Tim Conway and Harvey Korman

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

fartknocker posted:

Sure they could go lower, they could go 0-17.

History!

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Hot Diggity! posted:

Famous person meets another famous person wild stuff

Think it’s mostly this and his brain hasn’t been broken by politics like most goons (myself included, and somewhat justifiably)

Also your daily reminder ‘good person’ and ‘political views’ are related but still very different axes

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

dingo with a joint posted:

pleased to see that new zealand has graduated from the "just the rams" set, and now gets an actual second team. positively delighted that that second team is the eagles.

no idea what any of this actually entails; i'm that annoying fucker on the streets of wellington striking up conversation with literally anyone in an nfl shirt, and despite nz being "assigned" to the rams, they're one of the only teams whose logo i've never seen around here.

My husband is from Philly and half-kiwi and is currently over there, so you can thank him, sure he had something to do with it

I like the Germanics being into Lions football (I know a lot of it is random nonsense but)

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

And how does the ball know where it is on the field in relation to the line of scrimmage? Please don't say GPS.

Put a chip or whatever at LoS posts? That’s not Star Trek tech, that’s like wwii proximity fuses level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
it’s like national news even for non sports people