Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
https://x.com/profootballtalk/status/1759250320150987236?s=46

Nope!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Pontius Pilate posted:

I get it, but if you had told me a year before belichick and carroll were gonna be unemployed and no teams were interviewing them, I’d question your sanity

I'm with you to an extent, but it does make sense that if you're a front office moving forward you want to give the keys to a guy you believe will be there for years to come. The majority of coaches are under 50 now. The oldest coach in the NFL right now is Andy Reid at age 65 and then John Harbaugh at age 61.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

This is absolute madness. Lock is dreadful and Geno is decidedly above average.

Lock played 4 games in 2023. His rate stats are abysmal. Compared to the 32 qbs who played the majority of snaps for their team, Lock would rank:
  • 33rd in int rate (3.9% lol)
  • 25th in completion percentage
  • 29th in success rate
  • 24th in sack rate

In comparison to the above, Geno was 11th, 18th, 11th, 10th.

And importantly, Lock’s 2023 rate stats are among the best in his career. Lock sucks. I don’t even know if he’s backup tier once he’s off the rookie contract.

Geno has his flaws but Lock is trash tier. The gap between them is enormous.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
This is the funniest story of the week.

https://x.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1760420459185578051?s=20

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Well this is depressing.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

seiferguy posted:

https://twitter.com/BallsackSports/status/1761862486989340792

That's not just some random guy with a Wizard hat, it really is Cam.

I really don't get why you'd want to ever fight Cam

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Its like the Chiefs are mirroring the Patriots of the past 20 years. Having this killer QB/Coach combo papers over all the issues and protects the ownerships institutional rot.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Intruder posted:

F- for treatment of families from four teams seems like huge unforced errors

Across the board only 8 Teams get an A or B grade. Teams that get good family grades offer a family room of sorts on gameday and provide daycare on gamedays.

Patriots do neither! Which is crazy.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 28, 2024

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

shyduck posted:

I'm a week late but apparently Adrian Peterson is broke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir0ggPCI1VU

There was a auction of a bunch of his memorabilia but then Peterson was like "i'm not broke and this was not authorized..." but well, he's probably broke.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

shyduck posted:

He never formally did, it was just speculation

Also weren't people pissed off at Schefter because he wanted to break the news rather than let Kelce do it himself? Or something?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
This may be a stupid question but when someone like Bill Barnwell posts something like this:

https://x.com/billbarnwell/status/1756971244883157177?s=20

They typically do with a quick turnaround too. Is this from an official NFL site? Is this a thing only media has access to?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I find it very funny how Ian Rapport has that giant loving graphic overlay everytime he posts news.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I actually like Peacock...yes I'm watching Columbo right now.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Similarly the janky rear end pbs app is five bucks a month to access a wide world of antiques roadshow and nova specials. I’m elderly

I also pay the PBS add on on Amazon Prime Video.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Play posted:

Been seeing comments online about how the Vikings are going to draft JJ McCarthy and will probably win a super bowl his first year.

Sometimes people make me question if we are even watching the same sport. Like the Vikings are an okay team but they are not a great one. They have one superstar in Justin Jefferson, a good free agent RB in Aaron Jones and mostly a bunch of JAGs outside of that. They've somehow convinced themselves that Cousins was horrible and with him gone they'll somehow be able to unlock all the amazing talent on the team.

Wouldn't even be surprised if they could talk themselves into Darnold as well

I haven’t seen a single person think they’ll win a superbowl this coming year regardless of who they draft. I don’t know a single person who isn’t insanely worried about which qb they draft. I am personally very low on JJ. I mean it’s the Vikings. There is no reason to believe they will ever win a Super Bowl let alone this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
The NFL on netflix sucks.