Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

https://x.com/jonas_shaffer/status/1759685923946578080?s=20

Am I reading this right, only one player in the league got extended?

Of the players that had a void clause that would end their contract, yes. Some contracts have fake extra years added that would automatically void in order to spread out the cap hit. Someone posted the list of players on twitter, it was like 2 dozen players or something like that.

edit: posted recently in this very thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

This discussion is reminding me of when JJ Watt made it sound like he was training in a remote log cabin like Rocky but it turned out to be a multimillion dollar mansion that just happened to be made of logs

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I'm going to be honest, I don't regularly watch the Panthers but I've seen you post a couple times about him, and I can't tell whether you want him gone or not :v:

What exactly are the Giants getting here?

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

If we’re going to start arguing the subtleties of colors, keep in mind that like 8-10% of men are colorblind, and many of them don’t know it

The Bills/Jets color rush gently caress up game is one of my favorite things to ever happen in football

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Parallax posted:

i thought kick returns were supposed to be dangerous and so you need to implement rules so there are more of them?

I'd be curious to see the recent data of injuries on kick returns vs every other play. They certainly used to be more dangerous, but that was when the kicking team was allowed to get a running start before the kick and the wedge blocking formation was allowed. I'm all for rules that try to limit the number of touchbacks. It doesn't look like they did anything to increase the viability of the onside kick though which is disappointing.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

the fugitive

Ferris Bueller is the one who sang twist and shout, also during a chicago parade but i think it was a german cultural thing, not St. Patrick's day

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

NFL accidentally advocating for the reunification of Ireland through... Steelers fandom. A pyrrhic victory at best for the republicans

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

the interesting thing about the international marketing thing is that it basically has put down any notion that the NFL is going to go truly international in the near future. You wouldn't roll this out if there was going to be a team in Mexico City or Berlin or London anytime soon.

HOWEVER. Seeing the Jags in the UK and Ireland and nowhere else is giving me a moments pause

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

retired at halftime once again

:drat:

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Yeah I think the Bills did fine here, if you think about basically swapping a 1st and some late rounders for a 2nd and 4 years of top flight WR play. It's not like they got scammed out of the money, he was easily worth the 20 million/year. The only real issue is the big dead money hit.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

How is Houston's O line? I never really got to watch them last year

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Play posted:

oh poo poo I did not realize that. Assumed given how long it was that they gave him a deal upon trade.

What a goddamn steal, it's strange to live in a world where the Texans are fleecing teams instead of the other way around. Between the Watson trade, selecting CJ Stroud and Will Anderson and Tank Dell, and this one with Diggs, Caserio is hitting it out of the park. Probably should've won executive of the year last season but maybe they give it to him this season if things work out on the field.

It's not a steal if he was being such a dickhead that Buffalo wanted to get rid of him, also they sent him to a potentially very dangerous playoff rival. The bears got Allen for a 4th.

Rogue Elephant fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Apr 4, 2024

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

2pic

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Actually I can't think of many/any football examples of dudes doing something like that. It's a far more brutal sport so it makes sense..but are there any?

IIRC there was an O lineman who injured his knee and finished the game but when they imaged it he had torn his ACL

edit: Tommy Doyle for the Bills a couple years ago

double edit: whoa, looks like Logan Mankins played an entire season on one, Jesus Christ. The year of the second Giants/Pats Super Bowl. He was an all pro that year

Rogue Elephant fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 8, 2024

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

kiimo posted:

He doesn't bother me much and he was an absolute legend of a player but I'm just like, who cares enough about Gronk the person to have him throw out first pitches years after he retired?

The USAA commercials are an absolute crime against humanity as well

I mean... Boston does. It's Patriots Day today and also the marathon. The Red Sox always play an early game at home. It's like an official Big Deal, it's probably tied with opening day for "importance" (for lack of a better word)

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Being upset that Gronk was on your TV for 30 seconds because he did a joke first pitch at a baseball game is weird. It was funny.

That being said, I have a friend who used to work at a semi-fancy restaurant on Newbury St who said Gronk was an entitled dickhead. So that's my Gronk story

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

It's definitely a good idea to admit to lying to every dude who might get picked there before they're even on the team, love this for the Panthers, definitely not going to affect your credibility with the guy you actually pick, good job guys

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Waller is retiring, but he announced it during the draft so it flew under the radar unless you're a sicko who likes the giants (me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Hot Diggity! posted:

I always thought that Redtails would be a good name for Washington

That was my favorite as well, but I think one of the actual pilots came out and said 'we were the best fighter squadron in the USAAF, and Washington hasn't won poo poo in decades, why do they get our name?'