Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Mystic Stylez posted:

I hope the Ravens somehow extend or tag Justin Madubuike

I'm fine with resigning or tag+trading. Whichever one works. We've let a couple guys go recently like Judon and Zadarius Smith who we've really missed. And interior pressure is rare. But iirc advanced stats don't show him as all that dominant? So if another team is enticed I wouldn't mind getting a good return for him especially if a higher pick(like top 15) is involved.

I also think the Ravens are a team that might do well to invest in a RB. If we had a real #1 RB along with Lamar it would make it so drat hard to beat us. It's too bad Dobbins career went the way it did with injuries. A lot of people want us to get Derrick Henry and maybe that will still work for us but it's not the same guy as a few yrs ago. Saquon Barkley I really don't know much about except that he's another guy who's had major injuries. Draft situation I know nothing about.

I like Gus Edwards but it's very clear the team does not trust him as an RB1 so I'm fine with moving on from him.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Feb 12, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Forrest on Fire posted:

What kind of RB would mesh with the Ravens? A 1 cut speed back? They've gotten a surprising amount of mileage from Edwards but I think that's more a function of the offense/who was available for the season

I don't know enough about that sort of thing to say. That's for the Ravens coaches and front office to figure out :D. But I just want a guy that teams have to really respect as a #1 option. I think Keaton Mitchell will always be a major threat but with kind of limited snaps. He's a smaller dude and I don't know that he can really take the punishment of being a true featured back and blocking and crap.

I think getting investing in WRs is a mistake at this point because I don't really see Lamar ever being the passer that Josh Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Mahomes etc are. I'd rather build around our strengths and roll with Flowers(assuming the investigation situation amounts to nothing like it seems it might), Andrews, Likely and if we can get something else. It says something to me that Flowers numbers look so good to us but nobody anywhere else in the league is impressed by them. Bateman supposedly gets open a lot but he and Lamar have zero chemistry. So why try to force what isn't there? Find stopgap solutions and invest money+picks into what we do well.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Terrible news. Flaco has died.

https://apnews.com/article/flaco-owl-dies-central-park-zoo-escape-e44939489c422379723d9fdec1b8c9db

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The outcome for the Ravens wasn't unpredictable at all--while we had the ability to destroy pretty much any team when everything was clicking, we couldn't reliably do that. Everyone focused on the 49ers and Dolphins games but ignored the previous two weeks where we had a very sloppy performance against the Jaguars saved by their own mistakes, and then the week before that we could only muster 13 points against the Chargers who had one of the worst defenses in football.

People gave Kurt Warner grief for naysaying our offense throughout the year but he was definitely right about how Lamar needs to take what the defense gives him. But against the Chiefs Lamar was insistent on forcing the ball downfield and it cost us. While he is capable of otherworldly play he just doesn't always play sound football and that is going to lose you games against truly well-prepared teams like the Chiefs. I'd say in all three games divisional conf champ and SB it was their insane level of preparation and situational awareness that gave them the edge against each opponent. Nobody in the league matches that right now and I think if the Chiefs stay healthy next year they will be the first team to win three straight.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Weird how the Ravens ownership is ranked 4th overall when almost everything else is like low-mid. Seems contradictory

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

Whoa what a trade by the Jets. That seems insanely cheap wtf

Edit oh wow he’s 34 already?!?

33. I guess Ravens don't trust his health at this point.

Still frustrating to lose so many linemen bringing in a 30yr old power runner. We'd better hope whoever the replacements are can play or else we'll be seeing lots of negative yardage running plays.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

We won @pittsburgh with Lamar in 2019 though not a great game for him. The one where Humphrey forced the OT fumble. Was the game before the win streak.

But yes, it's been Pittsburgh domination, at least in wins, since. And mostly close games. It shows the poor situational awareness of the Ravens compared to better-coached teams. If we can't dominate them we will usually lose. And with losing so many players now we're going to be in much closer games. We are a playoff bubble team in 2024 I think.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Harbaugh is an excellent coach. He's a little annoying and crazy but like others said he is a genuine leader who gets the most out of his teams. Any team would be lucky to have him.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

Jesus christ, Roman -and- Trestman, what could go wrong

They have a real coach though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ravens with one of the league's toughest schedules yet again. What a surprise.