Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
The Bills need to get wide receivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Bills will def miss Micah Hyde and DaQuan Jones. I wouldn't want to bring Hyde back unless it was cheap (we're too cash-strapped ATM to be spending much on safety), but Jones is a big loss, as he was one of like 4 D-linemen on the team that actually did something aside from exist and was by far our best interior run defender. Both are pretty old and increasingly injury risks, but if you're a team looking to compete and have some cash, they would both potentially be good gets.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

mllaneza posted:

Or paint fumes. It could also be paint fumes and produce the same posts.
Maybe he’s been in a coma since immediately after that game and just woke up?

Like, let’s just choose kindness and understanding.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

In more horible news

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39564069/two-adults-charged-murder-chiefs-parade-shooting

Just the dumbest people imaginable, who were both packing
Very normal country we live in.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

BlindSite posted:

Bills, Ravens and 9ers all had a lot go wrong. The point of the whole discussion is playoffs are a crapshoot so it doesn't really matter how you make them, just that you make them for a shot.

I never called the chiefs bad, all I contended was that they had weird poo poo happen in their games they were able to take advantage of.

That you need to be in the games to take advantage of. Which is why the playoffs are a crapshoot and it's cool and good to make them.

Its very goon brain poo poo to jump from "even this years champs had some lucky breaks" to "chiefs are bad".
Basically, the Bills lost the same way they lost the last two times: they got out-coached and out-schemed. Spags correctly identified our receiving corp as poop from a butt, so the Chiefs mostly concentrated on keeping James Cook and Josh Allen contained and forcing us to dink-and-dunk down the field, counting on one of our receivers eventually making a mistake, which turned out to be a depressingly-reliable strategy!
McD, for his part, was unable to contain the Chiefs offense very well. You could point to the numerous key injuries the Bills suffered on D, or you could point to past examples of Andy pantsing McD in the playoffs, or the complete inability of any Bills defensive lineman to make a play, perhaps. McD also called or approved that brain-dead fake punt that got bailed out by a flukey play, and then decided to send his kicker (who had been shaky all year) out to attempt a game-tying field goal with plenty of time remaining, which was all but conceding the game even before Bass hooked the kick wide right.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Are the Jets going to overpay MVS??
Is he Aaron’s friend?yes

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
It's okay, he'll be back for the 2025 season!

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I'm shocked Fields went for that little: I think he's def shown more juice than Kenny Pickett or Mac Jones (:lol: damning with faint praise there).

....The Jets are going to keep Zach Wilson, aren't they?

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

mcmagic posted:

Jeudy and Gabe Davis are both awful. It's incredible that they got big contracts this offseason. It shows that there are very very dumb teams.
Gabe Davis will have one game where he looks pretty damned great, and then, like, 6 games where he can't catch a cold, can't get separation, and/or runs the wrong routes/options and makes his QB look dumb (and Josh already looks pretty dumb, TBH!).

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Man, this is like the chat thread, except bad. So sorry the cop got his feelings hurt :rolleyes:, we should definitely continue this derail for another few pages.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

mcmagic posted:

the saints wouldn't really be that much worse if they just tore it all down tbh they just never really want to do that and would rather win 8 games i guess
IIRC, the cap implications make that impossible.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Harlock posted:

Buffalo's roster is going to be real lovely next year, huh?
Our receiving corp being mediocre hinged on Diggs not being cooked, yes.

I hope we actually got good compensation and it's not just peanuts. it's probably peanuts

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
So...peanuts.

Just draft a wide receiver each of the first three rounds, I guess.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I hope the Jets have at least a half dozen prime time games.
I mean, we deserve different flavors of clownball.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Speaking of Bills receive: Roscoe Parrish! Donald Jones! David Nelson! Robert Foster!

Peerless Price, what a name for a dude who turned into a pumpkin once he wasn’t across from Eric Moulds.

Stevie Johnson was pretty cool, shame his ligaments were bubblegum.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I do appreciate that the Lions are trying to do a little something different with the alt helmets for the black alternates, but the color scheme doesn’t work anywhere near as well.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

a neat cape posted:

Remember when EJ Manuel went in the 1st
The good part was that the Bills traded back.
The bad part was when they drafted EJ Manuel in the 1st round.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Alaois posted:

Christian Ponder and EJ Manuel being back to back Florida State 1st round draft pick quarterbacks is so loving funny, why the hell did those dudes go so high man

do NOT quote this post in the future if Jordan Travis busts
EJ was good size, had a great arm, and could scramble pretty well, so he had all the physical tools.

He just didn't have much in terms of pocket awareness, struggled to get through progressions, had shoddy mechanics, and tended to meltdown spectacularly for quarters at a time if he made a mistake (which was often, of course).

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Gully Foyle posted:

How much cap space would he be due on the new team? Bills are under right now, but barely, and I don't know if that includes rookie signings. Patriots feel much more likely, they need WR to work with their new QB and they have a fuckton of cap space.
The Bills did designate Tre White a post-June 1st cut, so that will free up some cap space in a month.
Still won't have a lot of room though!

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Docjowles posted:

How do Claypool and N’Keal Harry keep getting jobs lol

Also just got a notification that OBJ is going to Miami speaking of old and busted receivers
At least OBJ was good.
Claypool and Harry have always sucked rear end.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
You should root for the Buffalo Bills and their QB, who is one quarter golden retriever and one quarter bear.
Unfortunately he does do dumb things sometimes, and the rest of the team is nowhere near as cool as Josh Allen.

Plus, they're guaranteed to disappoint you, whether they're good or bad (they're currently good).

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Burks seems like a likely candidate to get traded for, like, a conditional 6th-round pick in or after training camp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

A Sneaker Broker posted:

The amount of intrigue this season is gonna drive hype to the max.

Will CJ Stroud and the Texans ascend to Mahomes contenders?

Will ARich and the Colts bounce back and light it up?

Will the Packers continue their youthful rise?

Will the Lions win it all?

So many more questions. So many more answers needed.
Will the Dolphins or Jets(:lol:) get their poo poo together, or will a depleted Bills team end up winning the AFC East again?
….a fourth team? You must be mistaken.