Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Also Antonio Brown. Did the Richie Incognito stuff happen on the Raiders too or was that before?

The AB Raiders poo poo was child's play compared to where things went after. Like him being told he couldn't use his custom, unapproved helmet and then sneaking it back in badly painted in Raiders colors was legitimately funny (I can't tell if this really happened or not but it's definitely my head canon). Or giving himself severe frostbite doing cryotherapy wrong. It was only after they cut him that things somehow got more and more :stonk: every single week and escalated from wacky hijinks to sexual and physical assault, whipping his dick out in public, stiffing people for 6-7 figure payments, and so on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Black Sunshine posted:

The most memorable thing he ever did in the NFL was basically Rock Bottom a dude during a game.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Vfk1Hmk8shk#bottom-sheet

Man there are some real vintage Raider Fans at the tail end of that clip lol :black101:

Also Sam Bradford sighting in his second game. Clearly this heralded the beginning of a long, successful career...

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

EmbryoSteve posted:

Drew lock is satisfactory for likely wayy cheaper and the seahawks are cap strapped. During a rebuilding year I'd take Drew lock at like 4-6mil and clear double digit cap space than geno at 30 mil and not that extra cap space

I have a hard time believing they pitched Mike McDonald on “you are going to have to tank with Drew Lock for a top 5 pick in your first year”. Maybe we have wildly differing opinions on Lock’s ability. I mean he had that cool rear end win over Philly but I think over the course of a season the wheels would come off pretty fast and hard. Dude led the league in picks his one year starting.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I also generally reject the idea that teams need a decent-ish starting qb to ensure that the team can ~*develop*~

Every position except pass catchers can have meaningful game time snaps to foster growth almost agnostic of qb quality.

If Seattle had a bunch of young receivers then maybe keeping Geno would be more value add to me, but they have two established good veteran WRs and also JSN.

What do you think? Does a team need a decentish “bridge” qb to help a team grow??

I think there can be some real consequences, if he's bad enough. You can lose the locker room and everything spirals into negativity. See this year's Jets and Pats. Nobody on either team wanted to be there and it showed. It's also rough if half the drives are ending in 3 and out or turnovers. Limited reps for the offense, defense has to play way more which can lead to injury or even more bad vibes. See 2022 Broncos. How much did anyone on the Panthers "develop" this year with Bryce bombing?

Maybe it depends where you are setting the bar for "decentish bridge QB". I think Drew Lock is way below that bar. I'm thinking of it as more like Minshew. A very low end starter but not utterly hopeless out there.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I’m sure a billionaire can find ways to drag it out til the end of time. See: Trump’s legal proceedings, and that’s with highly motivated adversaries on the other side.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

What an Extremely Mike Florio article. Brave of him to speak up for noted marginalized group, white boomers.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Gonz posted:

Tom Brady winning another ring at Michigan would be rad as gently caress, but Bill doesn't have the patience or the temperment for dealing with college kids. Bill will disappear into the aether before he coaches college.

Can you imagine Bill making recruiting calls :lol:

“Hi, uh, *shuffles papers* Marshawn. It uh, says here you played some special teams in high school. What did you think of the Rams’ punt coverage against the Giants in 1973? Pretty wild stuff right?”

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I wonder what the sentiment would be on Agholor if he went later in the draft. Cause he’s not terrible. He’s good situationally and as depth, and had that one weird Actually Good year for the Raiders where he was “WR1” but second fiddle to Darren Waller. But that’s not really how you want your mid first round pick described.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Is he even playing anymore? Haven't heard a peep about him since his run with the Bucs.

He signed with the Bills for a couple games at the tail end of the season for a total of 12 touches

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Why are you trying to acquire MORE MVS clones

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

The Panthers will never get an offer comparable to what the Rams offered, though that wasn't as good as most people remember since they were firsts in 2024/2025, with the Panthers getting nothing for 2023.

This is pure hindsight but the Panthers would probably be pretty stoked to have those first round picks right about now. Not like last year could have gone much worse with or without Burns. Granted it wouldn't be first overall, looks like Rams pick 19th, but still.

quote:

The Knicks did not end up using their Allan Houston Rule amnesty on Allan Houston.

:lol:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

Worst thing I've ever posted

Quoting for next week

Anderson Koopa posted:

It looks like the camel has a mask giving it fangs.

Ok good I’m not the only one who was horrified by the vampire camel for half a second

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

As a fan of a team with like 20 roster holes it’s going to be rough if the huge bump lets teams tag or otherwise keep guys who were expected to walk for cap reasons

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Imagine looking at all 6’5 250 of Cam and being like “yeah I could kick his rear end”

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Very normal things to tweet out in the middle of the offseason

Reminds me of the time Trump put out a bunch of PR loudly proclaiming that he was DEFINITELY NOT in the hospital for a series of “mini strokes”. Absolutely nobody had said anything about him being treated for mini strokes.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

100% would do it for Caleb.

If we use the Vikings as an example it’s this year’s first round pick, then a high teen/low twenty, then a low twenty.

For that price you now have a blue qb prospect for 15 years. Does he bust? Maybe!

But we know that without an elite qb, you have to build an elite supporting roster, have an elite coaching staff, and get lucky.

Three firsts is a big cost obviously but a team without an elite qb probably isn’t winning anyway.

E: well I suppose it depends on how we define “other assets”

Yeah but they aren't getting Caleb at 3, they are getting Daniels or maybe Maye. And if Maye falls to 3 the Pats should probably call off the deal anyway cause he looks awesome.

Personally I would like the Pats to take a QB because who knows when you'll be picking this high again probably next year lol. But if they can get some mustache twirling robber baron haul you have to think about it. The problems then become 1) if you go back to 11 you are almost certainly out of range of any of the top WRs which they need almost as badly as a QB. So do you immediately trade right back up to like 6 to get Nabers or Odunze? Maybe by then they'll have paid Mike Evans or Pittman $infinity and there will be less desperation to draft a top receiver. And 2) what the gently caress do they do at QB? I will be so pissed if Mac or Zappe is out there week 1. Draft a lower tier QB and pray? Give 35 year old Cousins coming off an achillies injury a bag?

Gully Foyle posted:

Like 3 additional firsts, or counting Minnesota's pick (#11 I think) + 2 future 1sts?

Vikings only have one first (11) so yeah I'm assuming the rest are future picks

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

Chargers players basically eating lunchables huh. Didn’t expect them to be 32nd

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Spanos

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Lifespan posted:

:lol: That is the weirdest poo poo. What was the point of that statement?

I admire his ability to go out there and say this insane poo poo on camera like it’s just any normal Wednesday morning. I would have started cracking up or just left about two sentences in.

I… assume the defendant demanded he say this? It’s even funnier if the lawyer wrote this up and thought it would be beneficial in any way.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Intruder posted:

jonathan joseph claimed the bungos charged players for gatorade during practice or whatever

I thought that was like a million years ago during the Marvin Lewis years. And it wasn’t because Marv wanted it

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

AB, Portnoy, and AI. What a trifecta of awful things

They could at least sweep the floor in the Chiefs room, poo poo looks nasty

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

Was the most obvious thing possible, even after it came out he was "exploring" free agency. His agent probably just surveyed teams' offers at the combine and went back to the Bucs and said "give us $2 million more" and that was that.

It was obvious but as the big free agents fall off the board I become increasingly nervous that we are looking at Patriots WR1, Demario Douglas :shepface: I'm sure they'll sign someone but they're headed toward overpaying for Calvin Ridley or Hollywood Brown or something. Which would still be a big upgrade but that's got a lot more to do with the current barren roster than the merits of whoever they sign.

I'm a little surprised to look at the free agent list and see Curtis Samuel is only 27. Feels like he has been in the league forever

wandler20 posted:

Oh hell yeah. That might be a good indicator Baker is staying because Evans recently said he didn't want to play with a rookie QB.

Everything I've heard is Baker and Tampa both want to do a long term deal so I'd be surprised if it doesn't happen. Maybe if some team blows their offer out of the water which would, uh, be a choice.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fsif posted:

I… thought that contract was prohibitive. Over the cap says the Broncos should have an $85 million hit for cutting him? With $49.6 million in dead money? Versus paying "just" $35 million to keep him on the roster.

Are they able to designate him as a post-June 1 cut and at least spread the cap hit over a couple years? I never understand how that "we are cutting this dude on March 4 but it's post June-1 somehow" handwavy poo poo works

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Thanks for the run down on June 1 machinations

So cursed, and yet... Payton has brought in so many of his former dudes it would make Belichick blush

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fartknocker posted:

Panthers going winless at home next season as part of a 1-15-1 season (The -1 is against the Falcons for NFC South comedy). They will not get the #1 overall pick after trading it in a bizarre failed attempt to get Taylor Swift to perform at the stadium.

I'm here for the deranged pretzel logic that gets them from Bryce Needs Weapons to trading a top 3 pick for Travis Kelce

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Also the free agency thread dropped, for anyone else who only checks the forum index like once a month https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4055682

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The entire football world has seen Bath too the Jets for what a year now? It's as obvious as his inevitable week 2 injury

Does he still refuse to play on artificial turf or did that end up being fake news. Signing a guy who at full health will only play like half the games would be something

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

I'm not saying, I'm just saying if any Falcons fans wanted some 28-3 vengeance....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvN4pSey-NM

I have absolutely no memory of this movie existing. Which is probably for the best. Can Akroyd be brought to the Hague for that accent, Jesus

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

Fields not having any more of a market than the teams looking in the Darnold and Drew Lock bin.

I thought it was funny when Poles made noise about wanting to deal Fields before free agency opened to do right by him or whatever. Then apparently insisted on high end compensation. Like who did he think was sprinting over to take Fields for a first or second in early March

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

sweet thursday posted:

I regret reading the last couple pages and also Teee is welcome to drop crucial passes with another team if he so chooses

I think you will find that, as per the thread title, if he is traded to New England he will be great and never drop passes and also we will hang out and eat ice cream sundaes together

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mcmagic posted:

It really would be one of the most Jet things ever if he retired to go run for vice president.

Especially with loving RFK lmao. Grats on your historic 0.8% of the vote my dude

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

https://twitter.com/ScottBarrettDFB/status/1768042137545838814

from the fantasy perspective

also I did not know Ridley is 3 years older than AJ Brown

Yeah I was shocked to read that Ridley is turning 30 this season. I know he missed the one gambling year but it still doesn’t seem like he should be that old.

This also conveniently helps me cope with New England missing him. He’s gonna be old and busted by the end of that contract.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

lmfao

Big Worst person you know just made a great point energy

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

EmbryoSteve posted:

Is the Pickett draft the worst qb draft ever?

Speaking of the 2022 draft did it ever come out wtf happened with Matt Corrall? He was claimed off waivers by the Patriots then as far as I can tell told them to eat a dick and never even reported to Foxboro? Wikipedia says he might be playing in the merged XFL/USFL this year

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Gully Foyle posted:

Leaving the game relatively healthy, young, rich, with a ring, and basically guaranteed first ballot HOF accolades is about the most perfect career one could have in the NFL.

I’m reminded of Megatron’s insane fingers that like form right angles. Goes without saying but the game fucks you up bad. Totally understandable to want to get out, not like Donald has a single thing left to prove. Other than trying to be the first defensive MVP since LT but seems unlikely that’s ever happening again

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

Cap space allotted to offense this year:

1. $188.8M - Browns
2. $178.1M - Rams
3. $158.3M - Cowboys
4. $152.8M - Chiefs
5. $151.1M - Broncos
6. $148.5M - Giants
7. $146.5M - Cardinals
8. $141.6M - Falcons
9. $138.5M - 49ers
10. $135.9M - Colts
11. $135.2M - Panthers
12. $133.0M - Saints
13. $132.4M - Texans
14. $132.2M - Jaguars
15. $124.3M - Bengals
16. $121.0M - Lions
17. $119.7M - Dolphins
18. $118.9M - Raiders
19. $117.8M - Vikings
20. $116.5M - Bills
21. $116.1M - Seahawks
22. $115.0M - Eagles
23. $112.6M - Ravens
24. $110.1M - Bears
25. $105.9M - Jets
26. $93.3M - Buccaneers
27. $89.2M - Patriots
28. $82.8M - Commanders
29. $78.1M - Titans
30. $68.4M - Chargers
31. $67.1M - Packers
32. $64.8M - Steelers

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1771173602714435618

Patriots bottom-6 and yet somehow their big free agent signings are KJ Osborn and Austin Hooper :geno:

e:

Bellmaker posted:

Who the hell are the Patriots paying???

Juju has like an $11m cap hit lmao

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

hifi posted:

I think fans of other teams and mild fans of the cardinals can name 3 people on the cardinals offense at best. Insane that they are 7th in spending

I could have done a decent rundown last year because fantasybrain, but then all the receivers left lol. Looking at Ourlads I missed that they got Desmond Ridder for Rondale Moore. I don't know why you would really want him even as a backup but whatever. He's probably better than Clayton Thune.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Intruder posted:

yeah he clearly places a priority on protecting Britt no matter who he hurts

I got the "britt is responsible for his own actions" reply when I brought it up before but Andy protects him from the consequences of his actions

It’s also not just Britt. His other son hit another driver while high and eventually overdosed and died. I’m not trying to pin responsibility for the actions of other grown men on Andy but it’s also not exactly a great track record how they turned out.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

News: the UFL kicks off on Saturday

Views: who cares they killed the Seattle Sea Dragons :mad: Also I think they were nuts to abandon the XFL brand. Out of all the dead rear end spring leagues that’s probably the one at least a few people could name if pressed

E: lmao Corey “clinching 0-16” Coleman is on the Michigan team

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ej3xdVGOR4w

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 24, 2024

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Andy with the Hawaiian shirt and goon tier pasty skin, as is tradition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

this is unrelated but it did remind me that they need to put a loving chip in the loving ball! enough of this chain gang BULLSHIT

It's really funny that the NFL has untold billions of dollars and yet everything can come down to some yahoos dragging chains around, measuring two points that probably weren't accurate to begin with. Like this is literal prehistoric tech my dudes.