Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
It was a bold move to cancel the Super Bowl because of Covid concerns, and I'm glad someone's finally taking it seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

I refuse to click that link, so I'll just imagine the full sentence is 'Desmond Ridder could also be traded if Atlanta can find a roofing company willing to take him'

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

fartknocker posted:

gently caress the Cowboys

:hmmyes:

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Jimmy (H)G(H)

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Turn your monitor on

But there's a bullet hole in it :saddowns:

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Diva Cupcake posted:

Saints Fans: It's not that the cap doesn't matter; it's that nothing matters.

The gold is an illusion. There is only black.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

a neat cape posted:

Not a dynasty.

Gotta win 3 straight

By this logic, the Cowboys of the 90's weren't a dynasty either, so I think you're on to something

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

A surprising amount of fullback erasure in this hypothetical re--draft

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Also, there's nothing in the tweet to indicate that the information actually came from Wilson or anyone else. It could just be this dude speculating.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

When did the voting take place since Sirriani at A given the late season meltdown is wild

Honestly, it probably just indicates that the reports of him outright losing the locker room were exaggerated. The offense getting figured out by defenses and the switch to Patricia were probably much bigger factors in the collapse than Sirianni's vibes.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

indigi posted:

yes I believe he was sentenced to execution by the base JAG

That place really is an abomination if they're just letting A Guy sentence people to death

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Gully Foyle posted:

Bills had two choices.
Somehow do crazy restructuring and keep most of the current old guard, try for one more shot with the team that keeps falling short and just hope that things fall their way with an even older team (and then be in Saints cap hell for the next half decade).
Or do a soft rebuild, get the defense younger and in shape with future cap space for another potential half decade of chances, as long as Allen doesn't die.

I think it's the right choice, the same team but older and more expensive wasn't gonna go the distance in 2024 without having the Chiefs luck.

It'll be interesting to see what this means for McDermott long term. Like, if they fall short of the playoffs, does he get the benefit of the rebuild doubt? Or is it an easy excuse to show him the door?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Qb carousel is my favourite.

Too bad Bryce isn't tall enough to ride

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Asproigerosis posted:

Steve Smith is one of the few players I am genuinely jealous that he wasn't an eagle.

Listen, when you get a chance to draft a Freddie Mitchell, you have to take it

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wait wait wait

The rich white guy is voting for the rear end in a top hat who will help him keep more of his money?!??

NOT ON MY WATCH

Joe Biden is also an rear end in a top hat who will help keep him more of his money

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Blue so dark that it might as well be black is the dumbest blue for uniforms. You get the generic black vibe, but with the added benefit of people getting confused as to what your colors even are depending on the lighting

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Alaois posted:

Does burgundy no longer qualify as red

Burgundy's more of a purple. Maroon is more of a red.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Alaois posted:

Purple??????????????

this is purple to you????

That's maroon

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

New post because you can't attach images to edited posts. The left is burgundy; the right is maroon.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

fartknocker posted:

Let’s get back on track:

gently caress the Cowboys

All Cowboys Are Bastards

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Intruder posted:

Curious why they have the Texans getting worse

Shoulda signed Kirk Cousins

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

A tradition unlike any other

https://x.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1772012831677772183?s=20

Just imagine, there are fans that don't pay attention in the off season and they don't even know about the coaches picture.

They couldn't have found a level patch of ground?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

No Butt Stuff posted:

I just straight up don't understand this program. In some countries, 10 teams are allowed to... market themselves? Be liked? And in others, you get the Rams, GOD DAMMIT

I also just don't get why it's divvied up the way it is. Why do the Falcons and Panthers get a shot at Germany, but not Austria or Switzerland? Is Ghanaian culture so radically different from Nigerian that one is a better fit for the Eagles while the other is doomed to an eternity of rooting for the Browns? The Dolphins being in on all the Latin American countries makes a little bit of sense, but why are the Patriots included in Brazil and only Brazil?

E:

dingo with a joint posted:

no idea what any of this actually entails; i'm that annoying fucker on the streets of wellington striking up conversation with literally anyone in an nfl shirt, and despite nz being "assigned" to the rams, they're one of the only teams whose logo i've never seen around here.

Prepping for the inevitable move to Auckland

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Let Amazon AI spot the ball. If it can schedule the season that gave us six Jets prime time games, it can do anything.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Elon can design a microchipped ball that only catches fire two or three times a game

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Someone is gonna have to explain the Eagles and Ghana to me

Off the top of my head, I can name three people I know in Philly who are either Ghanaian immigrants or children of Ghanaian immigrants. Who knows how indicative that is of anything, but it wouldn't shock me if the reasoning was something like 'Philly has a lot of African immigrants, might as well bid on an African nation'.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah the prison thing actually worked, the guy let me go in like 5 minutes. Everyone keep this a tff secret :ssh:

Sirius snitches get serious stitches

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Nervous posted:

28-3 broke me as a Pats hater. Tom Brady was obviously God's annoited one after that and it was just hubris to keep trying to hate.

Leave it to the Eagles to prove that hate is never in vain

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

e: thought i was in the mlb gdt, lol

If you think about it, the NFL is kind of the MLB of football

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

It's weird how the Colts have been in Indy forty years - longer than they were in Baltimore - and still have this weird ersatz vibe to them, while the Ravens have been in Baltimore half that time and feel like a team that's deeply rooted in the city. Should've changed the name when they moved, I guess.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Rashee Rice catching a charge because every other Chiefs WR would drop it

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

I'm shooting for something slightly closer.

Bold of you to announce your plan to assassinate Tepper on here, but you should probably delete this

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Hizawk posted:

That is absolutely brilliant and a great way to keep a guy motivated that you probably didn't really mean to keep after this year anyways.

It's probably Diggs and his agent who pushed for it, tho. If Buffalo's eating all the guaranteed money, Houston could cut him after this year anyway. This way, all he needs is another good year to force a contract with guaranteed money at an age when receivers don't usually get that.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

rjmccall posted:

It’s national news, it’s specifically sports-gambling news that’ll probably inform policies going forward for a lot of other leagues, and we’re in the middle of the second-most appallingly boring part of the NFL offseason, surpassed only by the long months after we all getting tired of talking about what happened during the draft.

Listen, if you can't get excited hearing which players are in the best shape of their life, football might not be the sport for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

wandler20 posted:

It's amazing how lovely Fanatics got so quickly. It sucks too because they have their hand in everything sports now.

If the video with McNeil is anything to go by, Fanatics even got their leak wrong - there's no derpy 'Detroit' above the numbers on the jersey he's wearing.