Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Chiefs also have McDuffie who can be a #1, so that probably factors into things. Their main priority should be Chris Jones obviously. I don't think they'll give Sneed away so easily, though. The Chiefs are in easy-mode for the off season with a QB that has a massive deal that can be restructured any time they need and the ability to fill multiple positions with competent ring-chasing vets on below-market deals. There's almost no way they'll get worse in the off-season. Even if they can't keep Sneed, they'll be able to sign a decent WR or two and the offense will go back to carrying more weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

SKULL.GIF posted:

Steelers and Chiefs ownership being graded at F is kinda wild.

Not terribly surprising for the Chiefs since they can be cheap with a "Hey, you're winning super bowls, what else do you want?" attitude right now. Steelers are a little more surprising but I guess they can kinda pull the same BS with legacy instead of recent playoff success. Taking so long to ditch Matt Canada might have had an impact there too.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I think an onside kick using a similar structure to the XFL-inspired rule could be workable. You have a "drop zone" between the kicking team's 40 and midfield (or 45 and 45) with both teams lined up on their respective yard markers sans the kicker. Ball must touch the ground in the drop zone before players on either team can leave their starting position. If the ball doesn't land in the drop zone, it goes to the receiving team at their starting position. Seems like it would add a ton of randomness with a mandatory bounce while minimizing the speed players would be coming at each other because no one would know which way the ball is going. Basically one big fumble scramble.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
The ~20 mil in cap space for the Chiefs is pretty useful, but it would've been more useful before all the big name WRs were off the board. It didn't seem like there was any indication Sneed would hold out, so it's odd timing to take such a weak return.

I would hope everyone is beyond "No way Mahomes can win without this guy" thinking at this point, though. That's the fast lane to extreme disappointment.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I'm trying to imagine a way to do surprise onside kicks in the context of the new kickoff rules, like you could send five to try to yoink the ball as soon as the ball is kicked but every other kicking team members has to touch the 50 before they can play defense.

You can't do a surprise, but I'm still gonna push my idea of having a 10 yard box with both teams lined up on their 45s where the ball must touch the ground inside the box (on first landing, no squibs) before either team can move. The receiving team still has the advantage of seeing the ball, plus automatic possession if the ball doesn't land in the zone or goes out of bounds. The kicking team would have a fighting chance with essentially big fumble scramble, but no one would be running at each other at top speed because of the randomness of the bounce and the short distance to cover.

Glad to see the regular kickoffs changed, though, and I expect the onside will get an overhaul in the next year or two.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Arrowhead is still leased through 2031, so plenty of time for Mahomes to bring more trophies to the city anyway.

Sport stadiums are some of the biggest scams in America, and that covers a lot of ground. Regressive taxes to fund literal handouts to billionaires. Billionaires, who by the way, you will continue to pay exorbitant fees to each time you use the thing you helped pay to build. Good on the people of KC for having some self respect.

Blind Pineapple fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Apr 3, 2024

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

So who is going to be catching passes besides Kelce?

Hollywood Brown, a 2nd/3rd rounder who comes on in the second half, and some postseason heroics by Kadarius Toney.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I agree that neither the Cousins contract or the Penix pick are bad individually, it's just doing both at the same time is monumentally stupid.

Like you either think Kirk is good to go and you draft to address one of your many other needs, or you're comfortable starting one of the second tier QB prospects this season and you use your FA money to address one or more of your many other needs. Hedging by doing both makes the team worse, players unhappy, and makes the GM's job less secure. Now you look stupid even if one of the two QBs is great. You either wasted a 1st round pick or wasted your entire FA budget on a backup. Then there's the doomsday scenario of neither being good which puts them dangerously close to being the Panthers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Isn’t Sanford FL the same place Trayvon Martin was murdered?