Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Black Sunshine posted:

The most memorable thing he ever did in the NFL was basically Rock Bottom a dude during a game.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Vfk1Hmk8shk#bottom-sheet

I'll always remember this moment for all the random Raiders fans that were trying to turn that into a "we're so back" moment

And I was like, hmm, is our new LB an idiot with questionable judgement

Which I only considered in an on the field sense, boy was that an underestimation

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Grozz Nuy posted:

Raiders fans absolutely claimed that McClain was good for a while

After the 3 year trio of Jamarcus, Heyward-Bey, and McFadden (who looked like another extreme bust 1 season earlier), the media narrative was strong that McClain was the Raiders finally making a properly safe top 10 pick

Fans spun that into a whole lot of cope for a dude who was mediocre in between the off-field disasters

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Those two are absolutely downgrades from AOC

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

that's a couple of spry, young fellas next to the guy hired to be the most powerful man in the world

if his age is good enough for that job, who does the National Football League think it is telling these whippersnappers they don't deserve serious consideration for a head coaching role

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Just get to the playoffs* and anything can happen

*w/ Pat Mahomes at QB

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I don't really disagree with the premise that much, anyone could hypothetically string together a few lucky games and win it all

But the Chiefs are still a hilarious example to use, lol

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

BlindSite posted:

It literally happened this year, lol. In examples I posted, in the post above yours. Things you guys say don't happen in the playoffs, just happened, in the latest playoffs. To directly the team that you're saying these things don't happen for.

Are you trolling at this point or just this dense?

I know it probably feels like fate itself is trolling you with the team owner and franchise QB you've ended up with, but no

It's a very silly example

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

If zero of the Chiefs wins from playoffs to SB hinged on Patty Mahomes being The Guy, then I'll retract mocking your example

Otherwise, the point stands

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

they could spend a pretty low 5 figures and have ceiling grid + tiles that at least aren't the default stuff that looks like it'd be in a gym located in a rural shopping center next to a Dollar General

still wouldn't look anything like that absurd Mizzou weight room, but it'd make it a lot less low rent

e: hell, you could get away with keeping the white grid and just pop in some colored tiles that are appropriately KCFT ketchup/mustard

The337th fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Mar 1, 2024

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

"They may have won the Super Bowl again, but look at their basic, cheap-rear end weight room! Hahaha, now they're owned!"

The championships only enhance how underwhelming that room looks

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Great Value WR

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

being a big ol' giggly fanboy for Donny is much funnier than the Brady locker incident

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Current Texans aesthetic is incredibly boring, so a 2nd rate oilers look would be a huge improvement

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

your link is broke, friend.

you got juked

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Lol, I talked poo poo about the old aesthetic and they completely come out with something much worse

Nice Falcons alternates

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

the actual kickoffs sound like an improvement, but sounds as lovely as ever for Onsides?

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

idk about one of a kind, he's got lot in common with at least one other dude, on the very same roster too

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Mega64 posted:

Onside Kicks own because it relies on special teams and requires well-coached ST play on one side and/or poorly-coached ST play on the other to pull off effectively. It should be a long-shot to stay in the game (not as neutered as they are now of course), or a useful tool if you want to be aggressive (as above).

Basically I'm still laughing that the Falcons botched the onside kick that loving bad against the Cowboys.

4th and XX attempts would be infinitely better at whatever yardage. I'd rather watch a 4th and 25 in place of a modern onside, even though the odds for converting would be just as horrible.

At least you'd be watching a real football play and not a gimmick kick that's been officiated into stupidly low odds that rob it of even having the fun of being an oddity in the sport.

It's hard for coaching to give much of an edge to extreme luck on a football trick shot and hoping the receiving team just has a terrible hands moment.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Even a penalty first down freebie would beat the current state of onsides, as much as penalties suck

Teams have more control over that, even with bad reffing, than everything hinging on an extremely rare yip by the return team, or the unlikely occurrence of a kicker perfectly executing the placement of a gimmick kick

Refs already know how to not call PI on a game ending play, QB roughing is the only big one there because there's no way they can suddenly allow a free play to tee off on the QB

It'd just be cool if onsides were like 10-20% successful and were a *useful* silly play, but that's not even close to reality and only getting worse

Keep the alignment and just prep a special onsides ball that's slippery as hell, problem solved

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

BlindSite posted:

He was a sherriffs deputy iirc and basically did poo poo like transport prisoners to court etc.

He certainly didn't deserve loving idiots in TFF abusing him when he was posting about football like they were.

the hell do you think a sheriff's deputy is exactly

they're just cops with all the potential to do cop poo poo that cops do

https://x.com/keithboykin/status/1770113143504863541?s=20

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

BlindSite posted:

Not saying he couldn't pick a fight at times but he was a good dude and didn't deserve the vitriol that came his way.

Im sorry if this makes you mad.

Apology accepted

I'd also like to apologize on behalf of everyone who bullied that poor cop

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I'm sure the guy has a very healthy relationship with being a cop now that he doesn't have the posters here making it into an issue any more

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

Mahomes being tolerable is a stretch

I'm sure he won't be even more of a sore winner this year

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

We should just put skirts on the offensive players, and allow ankle snapping skirt tackles to mix it up

Plus it might just be the thing uniforms need for a fun new aesthetic

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

They're so gonna gently caress this up, lol

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Ok now imagine being a referee on the field not seeing a perfect angle of several of those tackles with other bodies partially obscuring their view, and add on the general margin of error they already have on clear calls

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I have a hard time getting upset when a steaming provider increase their cost by $2-5 at a time.

As much as I dislike it, the streaming services are pretty darn good returns on investment for entertainment.

A single movie ticket at a nice movie theater costs about the same as a month subscription to a streaming service.

I just wish nfl games were all available on one of the major streaming platforms.

thanks for the streaming service ad copy

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I just steal poo poo and couldn't recommend it more

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Mocking their workout facility for being obviously cheap as gently caress sure was uncalled for, lol

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Sorry boys, get the threepeat and maybe we'll consider seeing about those facilities

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

swickles posted:

Combination of Rams/Raiders/Chargers all going to the wrong places around the same time.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Stay perturbed, Black Sunshine, it's always justified

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This is correct.

Raiders move worked out really well for them though it seems? I feel like the team's, uh, fan culture(?) fits in Vegas?

Besides obvious issues like the stadium just giving way to visiting fans constantly, being in the city that was perfect for facilitating the Henry Ruggs disaster disqualifies it as working out "really well"

Not thrilled to see how Vegas life works out for other young players in the future

Chargers should have gotten Vegas, Raiders should have gotten LA and it will always be dumb

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, no increased risk of late night drunk driving in the party city, what was I thinking

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

a neat cape posted:

There was no way Kroenke was going to let the Raiders take over his building

Right, the NFL's political reasoning behind it doesn't make it any less stupid than the teams also not being in their original cities because the public has to foot the bill on stadium funding

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Thankfully I didnt say "Vegas doesnt have an increased risk of late night drunk driving".

Thankfully I was responding to someone else

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Pretty drat absurd happening just after having Ruggs chat

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That's incredibly stupid. Why would the NFLPA report back to a team on player conduct?

is it that hard to imagine the reality where the owners corrupt that system to get snitches on the players?

I know the NFLPA is so powerful it's probably tough to fathom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Diva Cupcake posted:

Drag racing on public streets and driving like an rear end in a top hat in a way that gets people killed regularly should at minimum disqualify someone from ever having a license again.

sorry, they have a job to do and it'd be hard without their cars