Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

He was ok in his rookie year and was in a totally dysfunctional situation year two. I think it makes sense to give him a shot next season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I know. I'm sorry, Mafia. But I'm reviewing all these free-agent WRs and telling myself, "I would only take Mike Evans over Gabe Davis." He would be WR1 on the Chiefs.

This is deranged.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Gabe davis derangement syndrome is real. We all saw the playoff game and he’s not had one good god drat game since then. To suggest you would rather have him over guys like Calvin Ridley, tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, so on and so forth, is insane. Sorry. I would rather have a guy like Curtis Samuel or Darnell Mooney to be my WR3 over gabe davis

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
That franchise is so hosed. Nothing against canapés really (autocorrect) but there hasn’t been a coach since Dave culley that was so set up to fail IMO

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

zimbomonkey posted:

He's like if Hines Ward wasn't a psychopath

Hines was a bigger prick on the field but as far as I’m aware of he was way less of a stupid rear end in a top hat off field than cam is so really it’s a tossup

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Peter king is retiring. He may be a boring basic bitch but I still read his column most weeks out of habit. Enjoy your hidden coffee gem Starbucks Pikes Peak or whatever PK

His beer of the week for his final full column was Budweiser lol.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

fsif posted:

Peter King was a shield bootlicker that probably had some problematic old man takes but I generally liked his presence in the football sphere. Affable fellow that often had some genuinely interesting nuggets in his columns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oEMoy0VHlw

I think his worst general viewpoint was that you shouldn’t take off field stuff into account when considering people for the hall of fame but I think a lot of people probably feel that way and I guess I get it. He was pretty progressive minded otherwise

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Honestly outside of like Pat mahomes or maybe Joe burrow I wouldn’t do that for anybody, your roster is totally hosed unless you have an allstar roster already and just need a quarterback. That’s ridiculous

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Mega64 posted:

Are any of those Commies players any good? I assume not but still holding out hope a serviceable Center hits FA.
There’s gonna be a few tackles in FA, we should be able to get somebody better than tiny Aaron.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I really really doubt Joe burrow is a trump guy, he cares about poverty and stuff

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
A hilarious joke by the violent rapist Antonio brown

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

kidcoelacanth posted:

i think it would be cool to not post whatever insane poo poo antonio brown is doing on any given day

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It’s funny when Donald trump does his ghost jack off move on stage but we probably don’t need to post him in here either. AB loving sucks

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I think we can do better than scraping the bottom of the barrel for lame decade old jokes from a back roping creep. Maybe we can just start posting a bunch of great barstool content about whatever portnoys betting on today. Or we can bring back the guy who was posting lots of gifs of bouncing cheerleader tits with one sweaty hand. Cool offseason poo poo for the boys. You know

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

JPrime posted:

https://twitter.com/AZCardinals/status/1769820404317897022

titans fans what can you tell me about this dude

He basically averaged like one or two catches a game but they were basically all deep shots. Not much YAC ability but he was not a bad field stretcher.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I like the new Texans uniforms fine. The numbers are fun

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

kiimo posted:

They had top ten maybe top five uniforms and they ruined them, hope this helps

This is an insane take to me. Tell me the rest of your top five immediately so I might judge you

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

kiimo posted:

1. Chargers
2. Raiders
3. Bears
4. Texans
5. Bucs

Chargers sure but the rest of these are demented. Nice work

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Yeah Seahawks unis are cool. The chargers colors are good but the numbers and font on their current ones are not for me. My favorite of theirs were the older navy blue ones.

Cowboys
Vikings
Bills
Seahawks
Rams

I’m pretty sure I’m the only person alive who likes the rams uniforms though. The titans normal uniforms are middle of the pack but the oilers throwbacks are beautiful

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Black Sunshine posted:

Not having the Raiders uniforms in at least your top 5 invalidates everything you'll ever say regarding football... congratulations!

Nah, too dated. They look like rec league shirts

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Punching the air IRL. a 2025 3rd. gently caress money. Titan up

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

xbilkis posted:

He wants to get paid and they don't have the cap space

Titans sure are throwing around a lot of money for a team with a massive question mark at QB. That usually ends well. (That being said, I do admire Levis's gunslingingness and I hope he works out)

Levis basically has this season to show if he’s got the sauce and if he doesn’t, the team will for sure be moving on a new qb next offseason. I love it, they are putting him in position to have great pieces on offense and basically have all the pieces you could want to assess a guy who isn’t anointed yet. The defense is still a little thin on every position but CB and we have enough draft picks to at least flesh things out.

I’m so pumped. Even if sneed falls off a little after getting away from Spagnuolo the offensive improvements will give us enough to figure out where Billy jeans stands. Good strategy from our FO

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
They have an excellent top two WRs with a pretty weak supporting cast that will likely be getting a high draft pick added to the bunch. They have in all likelihood a top ten pick going towards a left tackle in addition to a high pick at LG coming off his rookie year and a guy who was pegged as the best free agent center getting added to the line. Even if both of those position groups were atrocious last year, and they certainly were, they are in position to be like league average going forward. It’s a good situation to assess your new starter in IMO. Obviously it’s not like a perfect situation for him in the sense that it’s not some flawless roster but it gives you a better sense at assessing his performance without having to say that the surrounding roster is responsible for either propping him up or dragging him down

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I’m not sold on Levis yet so don’t take this as me being a Homer please but I really do think that the team is giving him a good opportunity to show whether they can build around him or not without tilting the scale for him or hanging him out to dry

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Big jeff

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Every time I buy beer at hyvee I have to have a staring contest with Dave portnoy. He usually wins

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
This rules

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Borsche69 posted:

its cool. i didn't realize that the athletic was 72 fuckin dollars a year until like a month ago. tired of subscription poo poo

This post reminded me that my $1.99 a month for the athletic ends in April because I signed up to get access to Dane bruglers big draft post. As soon as I signed in to cancel my subscription before it costs 72 for the year the site offered me a full year for ten bucks. I think I understand now why people are always saying it’s going to go under

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Peacock is only six bucks a month for all the murder she wrote I could ever want. gently caress it

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Similarly the janky rear end pbs app is five bucks a month to access a wide world of antiques roadshow and nova specials. I’m elderly

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

My dude looks like a hybrid between a cartoon lightbulb and turtle Dana carvey.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
They sneed to wrap this up so all parties involved can have some closure.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It took so long because they had to commission the photoshop.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
This is their way of trying to lower the cost for whichever pick they are wanting to move up to.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Kurgarra Queen posted:

So...peanuts.

Just draft a wide receiver each of the first three rounds, I guess.

Guessing AD Mitchell if he’s there

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Thiiiiiiiiick Squaaaaaaaad

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The lions should probably draft a center in like…the 5th. Maybe bortolini lol

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Lol wasn’t that the bengals dolphins Monday night game with that insane gio Bernard touchdown that gave everybody Barry flashbacks

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
This isn’t that but this touchdown is burned into my brain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAubWDTsjyI

Thinkin about some bengos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Ronald Reagan invented crack, not AIDS. Common misconception. It actually says in Kissinger’s (rest in piss) bio that Reagan was pouring two vials back and forth trying to make aids but accidentally spilled some of his cocaines in it and invented crack.