Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress the Cowboys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:perfect:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

The337th posted:

After the 3 year trio of Jamarcus, Heyward-Bey, and McFadden (who looked like another extreme bust 1 season earlier), the media narrative was strong that McClain was the Raiders finally making a properly safe top 10 pick

Fans spun that into a whole lot of cope for a dude who was mediocre in between the off-field disasters

Wasn’t that also the era of Raiders legend Bruce Gradkowski?

Borsche69 posted:

lmfoa of course its got the worldstar tag on there

Feels appropriate for Raiders highlights from that era. I’m surprised the pigeon highlights aren’t the same way…

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Feb 16, 2024

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Important for a few reasons:

Raiders can now cut him without paying him his remaining $11m guaranteed
Any team looking for a bridge starter probably won't want him as he's missing the first two games. (whew)

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1758536735288447017

I’m gonna assume it was boner pills

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Did he not do the Westwood 1 broadcast?

He does, but I think the implication was “have Harlan do the TV broadcast that the vast majority of us watch”

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Docjowles posted:

Can you imagine Bill making recruiting calls :lol:

“Hi, uh, *shuffles papers* Marshawn. It uh, says here you played some special teams in high school. What did you think of the Rams’ punt coverage against the Giants in 1973? Pretty wild stuff right?”

"Alright, we're going to watch film together." *key 4 hours of Bill painstakingly breaking down one game of Steve Tasker*

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Worst thing I've ever posted

You’ve made pro-Patriots posts, so that can’t even be in the top 20 :v:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Who was the player who got caught basically trying to set up a yacht orgy years ago? I think it might have been Shady McCoy…

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

and what are you gonna do with all that free space? Overpay some jabroni.

Albert Haynesworth 2.0

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

indigi posted:

I heard that in prison he fell in love with a man and then hung himself when they broke up

Was Tony Dungy trying to help him too?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Aww :smith:

EDIT: They also announced it on NFL Network at the end of the combine and Daniel Jeremiah was barely holding back tears :smith:

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 3, 2024

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Taysom Hill, come on down!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

BlindSite posted:

So I mean. Carolina is technically on the upswing because they've hit the molten core of sucking and cannot go any lower.

Sure they could go lower, they could go 0-17.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Chris James 2 posted:

At least they'd have their first round pick for that

Through some miscommunications and misunderstandings, they traded it for Coby Bryant.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Panthers going winless at home next season as part of a 1-15-1 season (The -1 is against the Falcons for NFC South comedy). They will not get the #1 overall pick after trading it in a bizarre failed attempt to get Taylor Swift to perform at the stadium.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Docjowles posted:

I'm here for the deranged pretzel logic that gets them from Bryce Needs Weapons to trading a top 3 pick for Travis Kelce

Tepper doesn’t read the fine print, trades picks for a Travis Kelce bobble head figure.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Black Lighter posted:

Too bad Bryce isn't tall enough to ride

:laugh:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

What, they couldn’t replace the banners of Otto Graham and Joe Thomas with Deshaun Watson and Kellen Winslow Jr?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

3 DONG HORSE posted:

that's cruel and unusual punishment

Could be worse, could force them to be Carolina fans :v:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Febreeze posted:

Is David Tepper the most testicle looking owner in the league?

:laffo: :hmmyes:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

:holymoley:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Mr. Nice! posted:

His name is Throw Rogan.

Qaron

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Here’s some offseason content for everyone: video from a 1995 Seahawks-49ers preseason game of Summerall and Madden breaking down Seahawks players eating hot dogs on the sideline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9CRooYTNZQ

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

A complete redesign or just a new alternate?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
More offseason stuff: a half hour of dudes getting juked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpmMQ14N

Pennington.gif is in the top 10, as it should be :laugh:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Mr. Nice! posted:

your link is broke, friend.

The337th posted:

you got juked

YouTube :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpmMQ14N--I

Still gotta go there cause the NFL is also dumb.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Metapod posted:

That would suck because fields would be the quarterback the Bears are not allowed by the laws of nature of have good QB and WR play

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Intruder posted:

JJ is the last defensive player I can remember coming close and he finished behind Rodgers. 20.5 sacks, 29 TFL, 3 TD catches as a TE, a pick six and 10 pass defenses. Finished second by a ton. Can't compete with a QB who has a big year

e: Is LT the last defensive player to win it or has there been one since him?

e2: he is and as I was digging through I forgot about the kicker win during the strike season lol

Yeah, LT won it very convincingly in 1986 (41 votes, Eric Dickerson was second with 17) by having the best season of his career, which for LT is saying something.

After that, you'll get a handful of years where some defensive player got one or two votes at random, and a few who did okay. Bruce Smith finished 4th with 11 votes in 1990, and then no other defender hit double digit votes again until JJ in 2014, where he finished 2nd with 13 but lost to Qaron's 31. No other defensive player even got a single vote for MVP until they changed the voting rules in 2022 where instead of voters just casting a single vote, they ranked their top 5 guys (Which is how we get the comedy of Geno Smith getting an MVP vote while Russell Wilson never did).

It's also worth noting the only other defensive player to win the award, Alan Page in 1971, did so in a year where the vote was heavily split as 12 other players got votes. Page won with 16 votes, Roger Staubach and Chiefs WR Otis Taylor tied for 2nd with 10 each, Bob Griese got 9 votes, and the remaining 15 votes that year were scattered among 8 other players.

Mark Moseley in the 9-game 1982 season is weird, because he got 35 votes to beat Dan Fouts' 33. Marcus Allen, Joe Theisman, and Danny White got the remaining votes. Moseley had a very good season, particularly by the kicking standards of the era, including a few clutch kicks and a few games where he scored most of their points, and they finished with the best record at 8-1. That said, Fouts was on pace for over 5000 yards and his leading receiver, Wes Chandler, set a record that still stands by averaging 129 yards per game and was on pace for 2000~ and didn't get a single vote, which is typical for wide receivers. I'll just assume the voters were all delusional after the strike shut the season down for 2 months.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

I heard his butt is all messed up and turned sideways, and when he slides down the stairs it's like bbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbr

i heard his butt smells and he likes to kiss his own butt, which he can do because it's all messed up and turned sideways

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Wow first reaction is those are really bad. Their previous uniforms were kinda generic and bland but not really awful.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Nervous posted:

Rip Winkie01.

🫡

xbilkis posted:

Are you really getting mad at people for saying they think something is ugly

Pretty sure they hear it all the time

a neat cape posted:

Remember when the Chargers dropped their redesign and everyone was in agreement that it was good

Why can't other teams do this

Chargers uniforms and schedule releases remain great, now just need Harbaugh to fix them on the field.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Mega64 posted:

Marry - Andy Reid
gently caress - Pete Carroll
Kill - Bill Belicheck

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Wake me up when LONGSNAPPER is released.

Why do you think Belichick isn’t working this season? He’s directing and executive producing. Each episode will be over 3 hours long.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

PUNTER or gtfo

Punter: A Ken Burns Documentary

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Black Lighter posted:

New post because you can't attach images to edited posts. The left is burgundy; the right is maroon.

They think they can fix him?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

:laffo:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I’m okay with that.

Hank Baskett :argh:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Gonz posted:

Gary Brackett

:confused: he was a decent linebacker for years (And returned the fumble for a TD in the Rosencopter play :laugh:) and didn’t have the onside kick hit him in the hands, unless I’m completely blanking on something he did in that Super Bowl.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Adun posted:

Why would you ever post about your job on Something Awful Dot Com

Chiche was the definition of :jpmf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Let’s get back on track:

gently caress the Cowboys