Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Nervous posted:

Niners need to fire Shanahan and cut all their starters and replace them with the ULL Ragin' Cajuns.

finally someones talkin some drat sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

up until now this forum has been all dollars and no sense

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

man who was that bama linebacker on the raiders that went off the rails. i can't remember if he was on another team first or bounced around but i specifically remember him being on the raiders and kinda losing it

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

oh rolando mcclain. dang.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Black Sunshine posted:

The most memorable thing he ever did in the NFL was basically Rock Bottom a dude during a game.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Vfk1Hmk8shk#bottom-sheet

lmfoa of course its got the worldstar tag on there

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The Ravens don't have the money to pay him. Besides, Baltimore's history is loving up WR in the draft. In FA they pick up over the hill WRs who are generally fine but don't move the needle.

who's that this year? michael thomas? he'll be 31 before training camp starts

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Forrest on Fire posted:

I dunno, maybe the Ravens pay him to spend 2/3 the contract on IR.

i still cant believe the ravens played OBJ and Dr Clowney and they collectively missed like 2 games. I think Clowney was healthy the whole year. Wild

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

that felt kinda surprising but then i remembered that tag-and-trade seems to be the route bengals fans posted about the most

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Flikken posted:

When was the last time someone was tagged and traded? I feel like it is talked about every year but never actually happens.

I had to look it up - Jarvis Landry to the Browns in 2017, Dee Ford to the 49ers in 2019, a twofer in 2019 where the seahawks got Clowney from the Texans and also traded Frank Clark to the Chiefs, and Ngakoue to the Vikings in 2020. That article is dated 2021 though so I don't think we've seen one since - covid probably hosed with that business.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

kiimo posted:

Guys this isn't the draft thread but once again I'm falling in love with a receiver for the Chiefs only to be heartbroken when they pass on Xavier Worthy for some guy that I will try to talk myself into like Skyy Moore

that sucks. wouldn't want to be a chiefs fan.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

TheKingslayer posted:

Burrow is managed by the same company that owns the UFC. He was probably contractually obligated to be there and smile for the cameras.

he was grown in a vat in some lab to do this. russel wilson was the failed version of that.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Amy Pole Her posted:

If I’m Carolina I’m happy with that trade. They gave Burns an insane amount

if im carolina im wondering why the gently caress i didnt move him for two firsts a year before

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Forrest on Fire posted:

God this is so sad for everyone involved

alexa play despatico

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Soul Glo posted:

Calvin Ridley perfectly slotting into the “is Will Levis the dude” time period. Gives him two capable options on either side of the field now between Nuk and Ridley with Pollard and Spears in the backfield. If Levis busts out, they’ll be timed to cut loose some cap and do another reset in ‘26.

Goobers keep going “oh they wouldn’t pay AJ that but will give it to Ridley?!” as if the numbers are the same two years apart with a higher cap and the owner didn’t shitcan both the GM midway through that season and then the whole coaching staff a year after that.

As a Titans fan I went from resigned to a full rebuild to thinking we’ll be competitive in our basement division.

if i was a titans fan, i would like the move purely from the standpoint of screwing over the jags. they're gonna need some receiving help going into this season now. you got engram and kirk and not much else, that's not that scary

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

JGdmn posted:

Forgive my terrible reading skills, but I didn’t think the contention was that he didn’t think anyone died or it wasn’t a tragedy? I thought it was that he claimed it was a government cover up.

no the accusation was that he thought it was a false flag op with crisis actors. it was the alex jones take

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

who was the one guy trying to use advanced stats to claim aaron donald was washed? lol

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Somebody at pff

found it

https://twitter.com/SethWalder/status/1303351463737991169

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

the rams SB nation page covers the rest of the twitter conversation, posting it here because its much more palatable to read through than loving twitter https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2020/9/8/21427630/aaron-donald-run-defense-rams-twitter

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

mcmagic posted:

The Eagles should've gotten Fields for a 6. That always made the most sense to me.

yeah

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

kiimo posted:

I mean as a chiefs fan everybody’s playing for second in my mind but for quality players balanced against investment? What a ridiculous coup

yeah but its like bragging you bought dog turds for pennies on the dollar. yeah you got a 'good deal' and the steelers dont really have any other options. no one else is available and there's no way they can trade up for anyone and the next tier of qbs in the draft don't feel like they're going anywhere either. its about as good an investment as they can possible make.

they're still dog poo poo.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

D-LINK posted:

Reminder that dog poo poo hasn't lost to the Ravens since 2018 lmao

wig status: snatched

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

was that 2018 game the rg3 one?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

BlindSite posted:

Flacco was the last qb to beat the steelers for the ravens. I think they said something about it during Flaccos resurgence during one game for the browns this year.

tyler huntley beat them in 2022 and then rg3 beat them in 2019

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Yeah but they didn't mean to

the baltimore ravens have apologized for their role in the incident

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

eh it looks like a 1 year deal with a team option for the next two. the dead cap if they cut him in 2025 is somewhere around 6mil if i'm reading his 2024 cap hit correctly. i think the contract is 'bad' only because mixon never impressed me as an RB, he seems only slightly better than utterly generic. but also 9mil a year feels like peanuts now for a contract given where the cap ceiling is at

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

he's been in the league for 7 years lol, i had to look that up

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Canned Sunshine posted:

It’s impossible to dislike Andy Reid.

But his son Britt can loving rot in hell.

i think between his two sons he can kind of take some flak for being a bad dad

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sharknado slashfic posted:

Seriously wtf do the Steelers do to their players

that delicious PA lead water

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

pennsylvania towns make flint look like it had spring water from mt fuji

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Roasted Donut posted:

i don't want FOP dammit, i'm a dapper dan man

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

xbilkis posted:

He wants to get paid and they don't have the cap space

Titans sure are throwing around a lot of money for a team with a massive question mark at QB. That usually ends well. (That being said, I do admire Levis's gunslingingness and I hope he works out)

may as well when you're not paying qb money

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Nervous posted:

He became extremely bitch made for me after all his whining about the Kelce TD that got called back due to one of the Chiefs receivers being hilariously offsides.

hes in too many commercials also

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

also andy reid is a really bad father

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Docjowles posted:

It’s also not just Britt. His other son hit another driver while high and eventually overdosed and died. I’m not trying to pin responsibility for the actions of other grown men on Andy but it’s also not exactly a great track record how they turned out.

i was going to lehigh (back when thats where the eagles had their training camp) when he died. he and some other of the training staff were in the dorm opposite mine iirc. a very grim and dark 'lol'

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

T-Square posted:

Eh, both of my siblings are dead addict gently caress ups, and I can’t blame my parents at all, my siblings were just fuckin assholes

E: neither of them killed and/or ruined anyone’s life as far as I know and got bailed out by my parents though so take that with a grain of salt I guess!

nah that's all fair. i just like throwing fuel onto the fire

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Freaquency posted:

At first I thought that Travis Etienne and Trevor Lawrence had had an accident a la The Fly but no, it’s Travis’ brother

naming your sons 'trevor and travis' has pissed me off in a way i havent felt since i had to learn how to pronounce taulia's name when he became a terp

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Vertical Lime posted:

https://x.com/tompelissero/status/1772280701963944235?s=46

so now if the first or second challenge is successful they get a third one

wait does that mean the hip drop tackle is eliminated now?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

wandler20 posted:

Hip drop tackles are for lovely players who don't know proper technique and has no place in football at any level. It's wreckless and dangerous.

agreed but

mcmagic posted:

I'm sure NFL refs, who we all know are great at their jobs, will call this accurately and consistently.

best case scenario is that the refs just blank on this like they did the one season they made pass interference reviewable. (even though that shouldve been a positive change). enforce this rule with fines instead of penalties imo

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

fknlo posted:

The amount of insane overreaction across the internet to this hip drop tackle thing is fantastic :allears:

i think we're all just tired of refs. i frankly wouldnt even care about the wrong calls if they just loving sped poo poo up and got it over with. its annoying when procedural bullshit takes up so much time while the viewer at home gets a better and faster look at something than a ref on the field. the fact that i can watch a replay and come to a similar conclusion faster is ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

trevorreznik posted:

I agree, but a lot of them allow the runner to fall forward more easily. Doing hip drops, horse collars, or even tackling with your helmet across the runner's body (instead of outside of it like rugby) are all to take the runner sideways/back. Just wrapping up at the knees results in the runner falling forward with the ball extended if no one else is there. It's one of the big flaws of the game that is obsessed with measuring to the inch after a few plays of arbitrary spots.

this is unrelated but it did remind me that they need to put a loving chip in the loving ball! enough of this chain gang BULLSHIT