Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I like when players get paid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Welp, further evidence that Minnesota will make a move for a QB this draft.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Otoh Chris Jones is a super saiyan IDL and a pivotal piece of the defense. The only reason he hasn’t had more hype over his career is because it overlapped with Mr Aaron Donald

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Nervous posted:

Good, we need a bridge QB for whatever prospect we draft.

Unless it’s like a round 4-7 dude, don’t bother taking a flyer on a qb imo. Seatte doesn’t have a second rounder this year. They’ll need every resource they have to build around Geno if they want to try and compete.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Lifespan posted:

The Seahawks will only move away from Geno if they want to commit to the tank (which I'm OK with actually) and save ownership some cash. Otherwise they have no reason to move him.

Yeah.

Drew Lock is garbage. So if they start him it’s committing to da tank.

lol at calling Lock “Satisfactory”

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Gotta be a smokescreen…

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Mega64 posted:

The Bucs with Baker basically get a free 4 seed the next several years since I doubt the Saints and Falcons get their poo poo together any time soon.

If the Falcons get even decent qb play this offseason they could compete with the Bucs

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

I think the seahawks moving on from Geno would be a mistake, if for nothing else they've just lost half of their offensive coaching room to the Panthers assistant positions under Canales.

I mean - that might be a reason to move on as well, but I think you'd want some continuity in the room for a year first before you pushed all in on a rookie, especially when the team didn't blow up to rebuild more trying to transition. It wouldn't surprise me to see them take someone in the second or third or someone like rattler or whatever to throw behind Geno and Lock and see what's what, but a wholesale sale of Geno and some attempt to jump up in the draft I don't see.

In a vacuum I would have preferred for the hawks to trade Geno and rip off their cap hit bandaids.

The hawks have bad draft capital and a bad cap situation. It seems extremely unlikely that they are anything serious in 2024.

…but I can see why a young first time coach would like to stay stable their first year. Especially a defensive coach who is taking over an odd defensive roster that performed terribly.

I wouldn’t say no to Rattler or Milton in the later rounds.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I also generally reject the idea that teams need a decent-ish starting qb to ensure that the team can ~*develop*~

Every position except pass catchers can have meaningful game time snaps to foster growth almost agnostic of qb quality.

If Seattle had a bunch of young receivers then maybe keeping Geno would be more value add to me, but they have two established good veteran WRs and also JSN.

What do you think? Does a team need a decentish “bridge” qb to help a team grow??

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Are they actually moving toward selling? I remember the team was supposed to be sold after Paul Allen died but his sister just said "nah that's mine" and nobody did anything about it.

Ostensibly the team still must be sold. It’s pretty clear from Paul Allen’s documentation.

The delay in sale seems to be mainly from the complexity and scale of processing a billionaire’s estate.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

EmbryoSteve posted:

I know I'm in the minority but I still don't see a HUGE drop from geno to lock. But I do see HUGE holes in the defensive line and at linebacker and no cap space.

This is absolute madness. Lock is dreadful and Geno is decidedly above average.

Lock played 4 games in 2023. His rate stats are abysmal. Compared to the 32 qbs who played the majority of snaps for their team, Lock would rank:
  • 33rd in int rate (3.9% lol)
  • 25th in completion percentage
  • 29th in success rate
  • 24th in sack rate

In comparison to the above, Geno was 11th, 18th, 11th, 10th.

And importantly, Lock’s 2023 rate stats are among the best in his career. Lock sucks. I don’t even know if he’s backup tier once he’s off the rookie contract.

Geno has his flaws but Lock is trash tier. The gap between them is enormous.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Huh. That’s some compelling evidence.

I think everyone itt is on the side of survivors and generally distrustful of the judicial system.

But “literally not at the scene of the crime when the crime occurred” seems like bulletproof evidence of innocence.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Does he still kick good ?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

FizFashizzle posted:

All that matters is getting to the playoffs.

Once there it’s a crap shoot.

This is wildly untrue.

People remember the Flacco Ravens run and think the playoffs are basically flipping coins but it ain’t that at all.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

“8% codeine never hurt anybody” lol love it

“You always hope for one blue jays game a year”

Lmao

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Cards did the same thing with Rosen…

statistics are clear: murray getting traded

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

Really appreciating just how jumbled that list is from you six, outside of Dak and Purdy at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Hurts: 1, 4, 3, 1, 3, 5
Murray: 2, 6, 4, 8, 5, 6
Love: 3, 5, 1, 4, 7, X
Dak: 4, 1, 2, 2, 2, 1
Tua: 5, X, 6, 7, 5, 2
Lawrence: 6, 2, 5, 5, 8, 3
Goff: 7, 3, 8, 3, 1, 4
Purdy: 8, 7, 7, 6, 4, X

I’m kind of surprised at those results. Goff at #1 is clear trolling!!!

1. Dak
2. Lawrence
3. Hurts
4. Murray
5. Love
6. Tua
7. Purdy
8. Goff

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I like Murray more than Hurts but the age is a consideration.

I also think it’s plausible that Murray could be as good as Dak (albeit different stylistically) if he gets some better support…
…like perhaps a certain blue chip WR prospect…

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Android Apocalypse posted:

News:
https://x.com/_MLFootball/status/1762160081213218993?s=20
Views:
The ghost of Billy 5-Aces still haunts 1 Patriot Way.

Jayden would look great in Vikings purple and he could throw to another LSU legend.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Declan MacManus posted:

there isn't a qb in this draft i would give up three firsts + other assets for

100% would do it for Caleb.

If we use the Vikings as an example it’s this year’s first round pick, then a high teen/low twenty, then a low twenty.

For that price you now have a blue qb prospect for 15 years. Does he bust? Maybe!

But we know that without an elite qb, you have to build an elite supporting roster, have an elite coaching staff, and get lucky.

Three firsts is a big cost obviously but a team without an elite qb probably isn’t winning anyway.

E: well I suppose it depends on how we define “other assets”

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I feel like the drop off with CBs is more with third contracts rather than second contracts

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Seemed kind of obvious given that the team didn’t cut Geno Before a bunch of his contract became guaranteed but I guess it’s nice to have explicitly.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ace Jameson posted:

Cannot get over that Britt Reid bullshit, gently caress him and gently caress the governor of Missouri

What is this? I haven’t kept up.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

This trade adds further evidence of how good Russell *was* (extremely past tense) for Seattle.

Wilson’s last full healthy season in Seattle was 2020. The team record was 12-4.
  • injured in 2021
  • traded before 2022

Seattle gets ALLLL that trade compensation (and somehow transitions into a starting qb with Geno Smith) and…

…The Seahawks proceed to go 9-8 twice (2022 and 2023).

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 5, 2024

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

DeimosRising posted:

If he throws for 26 tds and 11 ints in Pittsburgh next year they’ll win 13 games and I will hate every loving second of it

If he does that for Atlanta they’ll win what, 10+ games?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Burrow sucks

Mahomes stay winning

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Source about Mr Burrow having good policy views?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Sharing a pro-choice Instagram story, explicitly supporting at least some gun control, and <something about hunger, idk it was behind a paywall>.

That does put him ahead of most highly paid white dudes in the nfl.

Burrow status: possible comrade :hellyeah:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Well sure it looks bad if you list out the facts

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

kiimo posted:

Something tells me the Bengals, who can't afford Tee Higgins, are not trading for a second 40 million dollar receiver

They can afford Tee, though

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I don’t think one of the top 3 wrs would be available at 11 even if somehow 5 QBs went early.

The top 3 wrs are among the absolute best prospects in this class regardless of position. That they play a premium position just further increases demand.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I am using the peer reviewed power of positive manifestation to make seattle trade a couple late round picks for Hustlin’ Justin Fields.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

soggybagel posted:

This may be a stupid question but when someone like Bill Barnwell posts something like this:

https://x.com/billbarnwell/status/1756971244883157177?s=20

They typically do with a quick turnaround too. Is this from an official NFL site? Is this a thing only media has access to?

I am also interested in this content

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It's an upgrade but lol if you think either of them are taking the steelers anywhere than a quick playoff exit at best. Which is the same as last year so :shrug:

Despite injuries, despite Matt Canada - one the worst OCs in the nfl, and despite Kenny Pickett - one of the absolute worst starting QBs, the 2023 Steelers still went 10-7.

Despite their notable flaws, Wilson and Fields are still significant upgrades over Pickett.

Arthur Smith is a significant update over Matt Canada.

It seems entirely plausible that the Steelers could have equal/more wins in 2024 than in 2023, including a wild card playoff win.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ban the forward pass

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Imo, from that one pic, those Texans units look fairly lackluster:
  • maybe the colors will grow on me
  • I dislike the shoulder horns
  • I like the numbers

On mobile, I also thought the images were of new Chicago bears uniforms.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

kiimo posted:

Seahawks fans, out here saying

you either know fashion, or you don't.

These are rams

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Hawks have blue and green, s-tier color combo. And the actual hues of the blue and green are s-tier. Haters vacate!!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

He consistently doubled down on defending cops.

He deserved what he got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Yes because Chiche was a cop

They both sucked though