Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Docjowles posted:

Can you imagine Bill making recruiting calls :lol:

“Hi, uh, *shuffles papers* Marshawn. It uh, says here you played some special teams in high school. What did you think of the Rams’ punt coverage against the Giants in 1973? Pretty wild stuff right?”

I bet Bill would pull something like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

My new mock:
Bears - Williams
Washington - Daniels
Patriots - McCarthy
Cardinals - Maye
Chargers - refuse to draft MHJ over Harbaugh's hatred of ohio state, take Bowers
Bears trade up from 9 to 6 for MHJ for a third + future 3rd.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

The Phillip Rivers rule

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I wish there was a way to 'fix' football so that fighting over the extra foot, or inch, wasn't so important. It seems like every dangerous tackle is to get the defender to fall sideways instead of forward.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Mr. Nice! posted:

There are plenty of ways to tackle without deliberately targeting the runner's legs in the way that hip drops work

I agree, but a lot of them allow the runner to fall forward more easily. Doing hip drops, horse collars, or even tackling with your helmet across the runner's body (instead of outside of it like rugby) are all to take the runner sideways/back. Just wrapping up at the knees results in the runner falling forward with the ball extended if no one else is there. It's one of the big flaws of the game that is obsessed with measuring to the inch after a few plays of arbitrary spots.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Freaquency posted:

Pretty much, it’s just a greatest hits of all the dipshit conspiracy theories of the last 20 years

He doesn't have a single cool one. Where's his opinions on Bigfoot (true), aliens visiting earth (true), vampires (fake), etc? Hell, he's in New York, get real into the jersey devil

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
How did Zach Wilson end up being such a gigantic bust? His stats are wildly terrible

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Docjowles posted:

Stealing this chart from the AFCE thread so more people can get outraged over various team ratings

https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/1782782251228389833

What a goofy chart. The bears have Tyson Bagent and Rypien at QB on the roster yet rated higher than a bunch of other teams

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Xposting from nfc north thread

https://twitter.com/royalpratt/status/1782931428411367671?t=YM9Zlf0iCDM7UJTgwfAA7Q

I'm screaming

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Isn't the Bears stadium one of the few that are easily accessible?

It's walkable from the L but not as close as the baseball stadiums - about a mile. The proposed new stadium is about a quarter mile further.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Why would you say this

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

notaspy posted:

Hello thread, I am looking to get into America football so I need a team to follow. Can I have a recom please. I am not a glory hunter so I don't just want to pick the last team to win the super bowl.

I tried doing this a few years ago and was assigned the browns but I hear their qb is a worthless pos so I don't fancy staying loyal.
Efb I made a long post without realizing I was several pages behind. Root for the lions

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

soggybagel posted:

Ebert absolutely owned him.

Ha, I'd forgotten all about that. What a nice read

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

indigi posted:

so Caleb's rookie year needs to be a top five all-time Bears QB performance to be kind of noteworthy

Assuming no injuries, he should easily have the franchise single season record in passing yards and possibly TDs. 3850/30 in 17 games is all it would take to own both records.

Cutlers top two WRs that first year were Earl Bennett and Devin Hester.

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

FizFashizzle posted:

There’s a gif floating around from behind Knox and he just kinda like vanishes.

I remember watching that in a bar and everyone screamed. It was one of those where people quickly get up and walk out of the room.

I was walking into the stadium a few minutes late (with two beers in my hood to get through the patdown) and there was a gigantic gasp from the crowd and it got real quiet. We had no idea how bad it was til later. Only game I've ever attended at Soldier Field