Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The Seahawks will only move away from Geno if they want to commit to the tank (which I'm OK with actually) and save ownership some cash. Otherwise they have no reason to move him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Docjowles posted:

I have a hard time believing they pitched Mike McDonald on “you are going to have to tank with Drew Lock for a top 5 pick in your first year”. Maybe we have wildly differing opinions on Lock’s ability. I mean he had that cool rear end win over Philly but I think over the course of a season the wheels would come off pretty fast and hard. Dude led the league in picks his one year starting.

That's definitely the other piece (and why I don't believe they are going to try to tank). They signed McDonald long enough that theoretically they could say "we want you to drive a rebuild", but they have definitely been posturing John Schneider as the all up master of the roster so I doubt he would have hopped onboard with the plan to nose dive the team.

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 17, 2024

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Ornery and Hornery posted:

And importantly, Lock’s 2023 rate stats are among the best in his career. Lock sucks. I don’t even know if he’s backup tier once he’s off the rookie contract.

Lock has been off that contract for a while. Seahawks gave him a 1 yr deal last season likely because he already knew Pete's scheme and Pete had a soft spot for him. Otherwise I agree with all of that and they should let him walk for whomever they draft (please get a QB somewhere John).

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
There was no way in hell Carroll or Belichick were going to find another HC position. While they are both very successful coaches, they are going to have specific approaches, will want to have a say in personnel, and would not be open to being a "bridge coach." They both appear to be in good health (I mean Pete is in incredible health for his age), but they are completely of the age where a case of pneumonia could lead to their retirement. No team is going to make that kind of gamble.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

BlindSite posted:

Apparently brady has a year of college eligibility now he's been retired for a full year.

Billy 5 Aces and brady at Michigan for one more year!

This is a legit pitch for a sports comedy that will lose money.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

:lol: That is the weirdest poo poo. What was the point of that statement?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Owning the Chiefs by comparing their facilities to a huge waste of public funding

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
:lol:

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Ornery and Hornery posted:

You are welcome.

Have you heard of #mealprep service#? It’s a fast and easy way to get farm fresh meals effortlessly to your *mashes the skip 15s button*

Sorry, I was looking through my Ridge wallet to see if I can afford Hims. What are you guys talking about?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
In another thread someone shared a story about them calling in to cancel and saying they lost their job and was about to lose their house and they still tried to up-sell them. SXM customer service is disgusting.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
It would be L'Jarius if the Titans decided they didn't Sneed him.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Chief's practice squad about to see how fast you could be dropped!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

This would have been so much funnier if RJKjr made a different choice. Reality sucks some times.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
:lol: I don't live in CA or care about baseball, but come on...

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Gatts posted:

Shoulda been Twin Peaks

Assuming you are talking about Tweed's Cafe, the crust on their cherry pie is super bready. Very overrated. Clearly it should be Cheesecake Factory because that is the only place you can get enough calories for a linebacker in a single dish.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Please don't let idiot football player derail this thread again with non-football poo poo.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Declan MacManus posted:

he's old, his knees are both hosed, and his big selling point (pro ready can start day 1) is nullified by the fact that his team just spent 9 figures on the guy in front of him

it doesn't have much to do with penix, he's just an incredibly bad fit on the falcons when they had other, much bigger needs that they needed to address with that pick

That's the point. He is good player (not sure if it will translate to NFL, but he looked great on the Huskies last season), but is catching a bunch of flak because Atlanta made a terrible pick for a bunch of reasons. So his NFL career just starts with the media and fans making GBS threads all over him because the Falcons are dumb as poo poo. He worked his rear end off to reach that point and I feel sorry for him based on the situation.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
"Literally glows!"
...Yeah, lights'll do that.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Nervous posted:

I hate this tweet with every fiber of my being

I know. They should have let Draft Kings tweet that.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Neat! He has become the de facto example why you don't take an RB early in the draft!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

He's a poor man's Greg Giraldo. Poor in the sense that he's not as good and also on far less cocaine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_TrrWWkMXU&t=393s

Sounds like the roast was good so planning on watching it tomorrow. I can't imagine any roaster can live up to Greg Giraldo though. He was always hilariously brutal.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

To David hasselhoff: “your liver is so black, dead, and shriveled if you hold your ear to it you can hear it say “whatchu talking about, Willis?”

I've heard a few derivations of this joke since he said it, but to Pamela Anderson: "You are responsible for more spilled seed than Mohammad Ali at a bird feeder."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

sharknado slashfic posted:

I completely forgot too

I still forget most of the time they aren't the WFT anymore.