Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

xbilkis posted:

Mitch's agent must be insanely good at his job to sell a reporter on the idea of this being a "mutual parting"

"Mitch, you're cut"

'Ok'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Grading on a curve on this one I guess. All owners should be C or lower

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

shyduck posted:

Here's a link to the full report card. You have to click on the team names for detailed information

https://nflpa.com/nfl-player-team-report-cards-2024

F- for treatment of families from four teams seems like huge unforced errors

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

soggybagel posted:

Across the board only 8 Teams get an A or B grade. Teams that get good family grades offer a family room of sorts on gameday and provide daycare on gamedays.

Patriots do neither! Which is crazy.

The Patriots one makes more sense when you consider the lengths Brady went to in order to avoid spending more time with his family :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

jonathan joseph claimed the bungos charged players for gatorade during practice or whatever

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I was clinging to an outside hope he'd want to return home/play with Stroud :smith:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

we've given back to the city by giving them more opportunities to give us money

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm sure there's an obvious instance I'm not thinking of but has a team ever lost the #1 overall pick to a previous year's trade before? I know the Texans gave up what ended up being #3 overall for Tunsil but that's the highest I can think of

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

Pickett sucks! He also turns the ball over way less and takes half as many sacks as Zach! Zach Wilson is the definition of terrible!

Mac Jones is a much, much better QB then Zach Wilson and he sucks poo poo!

Thinking about how Wilson absolutely shredded the Texans D

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

the please don't post about trump discourse is really funny because I just saw chubb trending and was thinking :wtf: and it's literally all about trump and some insurance company called chubb :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/AaronRodgers12/status/1768318406560760224

Rodgers doing damage control? :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

dj moore and keenan allen together :stonk:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

wandler20 posted:

This makes me appreciate my team for not letting Mike Evans go.

they should trade godwin to the texans imo

e: nvm I didn't realize Godwin's base salary was so high, Texans can't even get him and stay under the cap

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Completely new uniforms. It's going to be "H-Town Blue" apparently which I assume will mean coming as close to the Oilers look as they're allowed

e: Honestly I don't like it if that's what they do, seems low rent, like the Tits are in their heads permanently

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/1768419015561466063

I guess we'll see. McClain is old school so if it's Oilers inspired he'd probably love it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The337th posted:

Current Texans aesthetic is incredibly boring, so a 2nd rate oilers look would be a huge improvement

I guess but something original would be better. Well, I guess it depends, you can always do worse than boring

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bellmaker posted:

I kinda want to see the Bears take MHJ now, Fields with Moore/Allen/Kmet/MHJ would do just fine :stare:

This but if the Bears had signed Flacco

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

oof mac started so well too

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Maybe he only planned to play ten years from the beginning or maybe he looked at the Rams and looked around the league and didn't think a second ring was likely any time soon

Getting out rich with a ring while he's still healthy could be a priority for him, or even he has a lot of pain we don't know about

Intruder fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 16, 2024

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

JJ is the last defensive player I can remember coming close and he finished behind Rodgers. 20.5 sacks, 29 TFL, 3 TD catches as a TE, a pick six and 10 pass defenses. Finished second by a ton. Can't compete with a QB who has a big year

e: Is LT the last defensive player to win it or has there been one since him?

e2: he is and as I was digging through I forgot about the kicker win during the strike season lol

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 16, 2024

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

fartknocker posted:

Mark Moseley in the 9-game 1982 season is weird, because he got 35 votes to beat Dan Fouts' 33. Marcus Allen, Joe Theisman, and Danny White got the remaining votes. Moseley had a very good season, particularly by the kicking standards of the era, including a few clutch kicks and a few games where he scored most of their points, and they finished with the best record at 8-1. That said, Fouts was on pace for over 5000 yards and his leading receiver, Wes Chandler, set a record that still stands by averaging 129 yards per game and was on pace for 2000~ and didn't get a single vote, which is typical for wide receivers. I'll just assume the voters were all delusional after the strike shut the season down for 2 months.

I just assumed they were spite votes. how dare you players strike, gently caress you we'll give it to a kicker

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

a 6th is ROUGH

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

oh my god I didn't even notice that part

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Harlock posted:

Omega brain Steelers signed Russ to plummet Fields' value.

imagine putting in effort to plummet fields's value

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I didn't like the Mixon trade before the extension but at least it was a one year fairly cheap rental while they found their actual RB

Welp

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

fsif posted:

The whole thing with the Texans is that they have the incredible fortune of possessing a top 5 QB in the second year of his rookie deal. What good is that if you don't use the cap space?

That's why I wanted them to splurge on like Saquon or Jacobs or when Jones became available then him

Not the guy who breaks womens' faces

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

fsif posted:

I agree and I think even from a strictly on-field perspective he's been marginally overrated.

But if you don't care about him being a POS and your assessment of him as a player matches the general consensus, the contract itself is fine. It's not really that burdensome.

I used to get mad at the Texans are never wanting to sign anyone but character guys but I meant they should sign more weed guys, not guys like Mixon

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm on my phone so my first reaction was huh the bears have a new uni but worse?

These are awful

e: maybe they'll look better in motion. and there's still the alternates to wait for I guess

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 18, 2024

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

i liked the texans all red uniforms, they should wear those more

I liked their red jersey/white pants combo, the ketchup bottle looked like rear end

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

why do nico and tank look like they're about to do the water escape trick

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm pretty curious where the "inspired by the Oilers colors" line came from when they were described

makes me wonder if there's still a lighter blue variant coming

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Canned Sunshine posted:

It’s impossible to dislike Andy Reid.

But his son Britt can loving rot in hell.

idk my understanding is Andy has enabled his son over the years

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

kiimo,.....that is a terrible list of best uniforms. Texans and Bucs are two of the worst uniforms (and were 2 of the best prior to modernization)

Bring back the sexy pirate and I'll change my mind about the Bucs

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Possibly the least surprising news of the offseason

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

That sucks for the Lions... they have to eat 17m of dead cap and lose 5m for this year OR designate it as post-June1 and save 1.5m this year but carry a 7m dead cap into next year.

Is there no recourse to just void the contract?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chiche wasn't just a cop he also worked in one of the most thankless jobs in existence in a mental hospital

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

he rarely brought up being a cop unless the usual suspects decided it was dunk on chiche time

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That's honestly a lot more than I expected from the Texans. Turns out they have way more allocated to OL than I realized. $57m allocated to Tunsil, Howard and Mason. Then another 10m to Robert Woods in 2024 which is sure a thing

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

honestly cant believe no one beat that offer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

maybe I'm crazy but another year of sneed and going for a third consecutive ring seems more valuable than the return the chiefs got for him