Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Costing yourself 11 million dollars for not doing some paperwork lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

EmbryoSteve posted:

They could trade for Geno for cheaper than fields and probably equal outcomes

The Seahawks are gonna just trade Geno for mid return without a clear path to replace him?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

EmbryoSteve posted:

Drew lock is satisfactory for likely wayy cheaper and the seahawks are cap strapped. During a rebuilding year I'd take Drew lock at like 4-6mil and clear double digit cap space than geno at 30 mil and not that extra cap space

lol Drew Lock is a significant downgrade from the last 2 years of Geno. You can't buy that gap with cap space either.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Black Sunshine posted:

What would the Bucs want for Baker?

he's not great but he's pretty fun

He's a FA and they are going to re sign him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/SKProFootball/status/1758934280162467963

lol good

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

indigi posted:

Can they tag him?

Yeah I guess but I don't think they will. They can probably do like a 2-3 year deal with him and get a much better cap hit.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Bismack Billabongo posted:

He was ok in his rookie year and was in a totally dysfunctional situation year two. I think it makes sense to give him a shot next season

NFL teams love to poo poo away good time after bad with young QBs who clearly are never going to be top half of the league.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Parallax posted:

steelers and jets should switch zach and kenny and see if anyone notices

The jets are supposed to get rid of their dogshit bust QB this offseason, not take on someone else's.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Flikken posted:

I think a Daniel Jones contract is going to be the floor that Baker accepts.

The Daniel Jones contract is going to be the contract teams pretend didn't happen in future contract negotiations along with the Watson contract.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Lifespan posted:

There was no way in hell Carroll or Belichick were going to find another HC position. While they are both very successful coaches, they are going to have specific approaches, will want to have a say in personnel, and would not be open to being a "bridge coach." They both appear to be in good health (I mean Pete is in incredible health for his age), but they are completely of the age where a case of pneumonia could lead to their retirement. No team is going to make that kind of gamble.

This makes no sense at all. It was taken for granted that Belichick was going to get a job and he should've got the Falcons job if the morons in the FO who are awesome at winning 7 games every year didn't get to Blank.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Patriots are averaging 7 wins a year for the last 4 years .

I'm sure Raheem Morris is a better coach than Bill Belichick. It's a slam dunk.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He’s got a ring more recently than Bill, so maybe!

But even if Raheem ends up being a bad hire that doesn’t mean Bill would have been a good one. He’s a geriatric control freak that learned nothing from the last 4 years of mediocrity. Atlanta doesn’t have a roster that’s ready to compete and Bill sure as poo poo isn’t the guy to get them there.

The fact that you can be so sure that a guy who won the super bowl 6 times has lost it and forgot how to coach is remarkable.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I want to know where Gabe Davis ends up. He's so underrated.

lol come post this in the AFC east thread around the bills sickos.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I know. I'm sorry, Mafia. But I'm reviewing all these free-agent WRs and telling myself, "I would only take Mike Evans over Gabe Davis." He would be WR1 on the Chiefs.

You don't deserve to root for a championship team with these kind of opinions.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I could see the Jets doing a disastrous Davis contract if they strike out on a few other guys. AFC East incest is sickening.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

OBJ will be the more likely Jets overpay. Just because Rodgers wanted him so badly.

Not like 1/$15m Ravens overpay this past year but like 2/$20m.

They really will pay with opportunity cost for giving lovely WRs snaps.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Just two guys being dudes!

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1760126623276290076

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Bryce Huff for 20 is a bargain. He's just a flat out better pass rusher than Burns is.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

I do not think Burns is worth that contract, and I think currently he's at best the third best player on the Panthers defense. ]

I do not think Burns is a game changing, every down play wrecker that has to be accounted for. I think he's primarily a speed rusher who struggles to bring down larger qbs. He settles for swat attempts, especially last year. He can be a liability in the run.

The Panthers will never get an offer comparable to what the Rams offered, though that wasn't as good as most people remember since they were firsts in 2024/2025, with the Panthers getting nothing for 2023.

If the Panthers do decide to move on, I can't imagine anyone giving him even what the Panthers were offering. I feel like he's going to spend his whole career signing effectively 2 year deals with contenders that think they're one pass rusher away, and that's fine.

Conversely, he'll end up in Buffalo.

buffalo isn't in a cap position to pay him. von miller 23 million on the cap lol lmao

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

love that kicker

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Eagles could've easily upgraded at Head Coach.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Saints Fans: It's not that the cap doesn't matter; it's that nothing matters.

If Carr signed with the Jets and played like he played last year they probably make the playoffs and the entire city loves him. Now he's in NO and everyone hates him lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

the only question is if he's going to be their starter going into TC which would be hilariosuly insanely dumb but it's the jets.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

There is no way they let him keep it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Peter King and Chris Berman were my old man football ambassadors

Peter King did a lot of the stuff the biggest reporters in the NFL Media do now first. Chris Berman has always been an insufferable cornball.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1762590048879366187

CBs are the new RBs.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

BlindSite posted:

Seems weird that no one wants to pay some of these guys when bad ones are such a liability.

Second contract CBs have been pretty rough though. It's a young man's position.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

Ah yes. Makes sense. The Jets did look helpless in both games.

Those were the best 2 games of their season lol. They beat the Eagles and would've beat the Chiefs if the Refs didn't swoop in to save them.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

kiimo posted:

https://x.com/mitchichu02/status/1763261353089716271?s=46&t=4HCQHNrQSCCyTv5_MzlCTw

The Chiefs weight room looks like it used to be a conference room in a hotel

One of these teams must win a lot and the other must be incredibly mediocre. I wonder which is which. Let me do some googling.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

no you didn't!!!!!!!!!!!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

JJ is gonna get 30 a year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Not sure if this is a hot take, but I would kind of love Tyler Boyd in free agency. Seems like the type of reasonably priced, highish floor player you should target. Go get him and trade for Cortland Sutton or something.

Bakhtiari, OTOH? Stay the gently caress away.

Do you really think they are going to do Boyd plus another one? It would be Boyd plus their shitbrained wishful thinking that A A Ron coming back will make Lazard good again.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TBH Sutton and Boyd are both just guys and don't really move the needle imo.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

I think having functional, competent guys around GW---even if they're not stars---would move the needle a lot more than you think.

for 13 million a year?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

For Sutton? Sure. I think that's good business if you can get him for a mid or late-rounder. His contract has two years left at reasonable cap hits (which aligns well with the Rodgers window) and his skillset with mesh well with Wilson. I'd rather pay him and, I dunno, Boyd or Curtis Samuel like $20 million a year than pay Calvin Ridley $25 million a year or whatever stupid deal he's going to get.

What are the needle-moving options you won't be mad about?

I listed a few guys who might shake loose. Lockett, Cooks and Godwin. Mike Williams too but he's such an injury risk I'm not sure if I'd do it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

wandler20 posted:

You're insane if you think the Bucs are getting rid of Godwin.

They just paid Evans and they have to pay Baker. I think it's a non zero chance. These good WRs get moved more than people expect.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

I dunno about the names you listed. Cooks and Lockett are fine players (Lockett especially) but I don’t think the Jets need smaller guys behind Wilson.

You’re right that unexpected names always become available and those are the players the Jets will need to get creative with and chase.

Those guys are highly productive all the time unlike pretty much any of the other guys available. Give me that over 6'3 any day.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I just love the Vikings looking at the last 5 years of Jets QB play and saying "I'd like to have some of that please!"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

lol lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

People really underrate the oppourtunity cost of giving players snaps.